Other games this weekend/midweek (April 2019)

Well, Cardiff doing their best to cheer me up, 1 up on Chelski with 15 minutes to go.

Followed by a can't lose game: either Liverpool will stumble in their bid for the title, or Spurs will lose ground in their top 4 hopes.

Comments

• Chelsea equalise although miles offside.

Warnock going apoplectic on the sidelines as there was then a yellow card/red card incident for a Chelsea player, ref maybe got that right although understandable why Cardiff players would have felt a red was justified.

Chelsea now 2-1 up.

Warnock will go mad.
  • Chelsea now 2-1 up
  • edited March 2019
    The disappointment of seeing Chelski get an equaliser that was at least 2 yards offside is tempered by the pleasure of Warnock's incandescence.

And now a Chelski 2nd rubs salt into the open wound of injustice.

• Oh, and now the presenter on Sky tops my afternoon off with a 'How crucial could that prove...' my soccer cliche cup runneth over.
  • Someone summed it up well on BBC, They busy getting their popcorn ready for the Warnock interview :lol:
  • Don't like Colin or Cardiff much but a shocking bit of line Calling today...

• Cant spurs get anything right :whistle:
  • Well, Lloris should be available next season. What a shocker! Never mind eh.
  • Mixed feelings. Not sure what I want more, Spurs not to get top 4 or Liverpool not to win the league. I think a draw would have suited.
  • Think Citeh will have too much for Liverpool, so better result for me.
  • Not much fun watching our lot yesterday however today almost made up for it, seeing Warnock lose his marbles, however justified, was simply priceless.

enjoyed watching Liverpool vs Spurs - game had everything, some great movement and quality on display, lots of chances, a couple of spectacular misses and late drama.
  • Spuds lost weekend better, now if they don't make the champions league next year and one other London club does, I can write thier season ticket advert for them already, I will use the one spuds had this year :cool:
  • The only Liverpool fans I know are pretty decent and knowledgeable blokes. Sure, I might be a bit short on a car wheel periodically and have to go home on foot after I've visited, but I never walk alone ;)

I make no secret that I like both Liverpool and Klopp (for several reasons). I totally celebrated the late own goal and it was cherry omn the top because it was Spurs. Seeing them slide out of the top 4 would be the highlight of the season (a bit sad that it would be that but I'll take it).

I dont dislike Man City and they play unreal footbal most of the time. I've nothing against Pep either and both City and Liverpool are my favourite teams to watch. However, like the Juventus, PSG etc teams who win the league etc every year, I just dont want to see the same team winning our league every (or nearly every) year. Just like in past seasons when Man Utd and Liverpool did so all the time I couldnt stand either side winning the league then.

I dont even think (even before todays result or several games back) Liverpool will win it. But it won't stop me hoping they do!

#Liv Ver Poool... Liv Ver Poool!
  • edited April 2019
    IMO Klopp is the most irritating mangaer of the lot, no way do I want Liverpool to win the league, losing it on goals differrence would be lovely :ok:
  • I realize he provokes different reactions :thumbsup: but I find him entertaining and I like the bond he has with his players
  • edited April 2019
    Baz :ok: He is very much in the marmite category , which I actually love !!
  • I can't bear the way the meejah fawn all over them.

The narrative is how brilliantly Liverpool are doing to stay in the race with Citeh (including a sub-heading/story link on the BBC today that must rank as one of the stupidest ever, in spite of extremely tough competition: Is fate taking Liverpool to the title?)

Meejah types seem happy to ignore the fact the Liverpool spanked a 7 point lead.
  • The narrative over which I somewhat buy into, is that Citeh are the better players and technical team, however Liverpool are making up for what they lack in spirit and endeavor.

In my mind they were really lucky to take the points off Tottenham and although it hurts, I do not think the media gave much in the way of credit to Tottenham for the contribution they had and how they played.

• Interesting analysis from Carra on MNF re: the Chelsea equaliser.

Essentially, showed that it was nigh on impossible for the lino to see it.

VAR would be the only way to catch it. (Or an extra official.)
  • Arsenal go above Tottenham. Oh dear, how sad...
  • Wolves are such a good team to watch. They're decisive, cohesive and move the ball quickly.

Basically everything we're not at the moment.

They're beating Man U. Watford are walloping Fulham, so 7th is long gone (if it wasn't already).
  • Wolves and Watford are streets ahead of us. We are more at a Palace or Newcastle level at the moment.
  • Thats good news then ,there was me thinking we were below Wimbledon level :biggrin:
  • Wait until Wolves have an injury or two, then we’ll see how good they are. They have basically fielded the same 11 every week and even bring on the same subs at the same time. No doubt they have been good, but next season when a couple of injuries hit, we’ll see how they deal with it. They have had an easy ride this season.
  • Have Wolves spent more than us?

Or just spent better.

It seems they've invested well and have a good structure in place throughout the club to succeed, and they're reaping the rewards.

We, on the other hand, seem to wing it every season and trust to luck that things might just work out.
  • Lukerz said:

Wait until Wolves have an injury or two, then we’ll see how good they are. They have basically fielded the same 11 every week and even bring on the same subs at the same time. No doubt they have been good, but next season when a couple of injuries hit, we’ll see how they deal with it. They have had an easy ride this season.

Indeed.

Wolves have ten players with more than 2000 mins on the pitch, we have four.

Wolves have another four players with more than 1000 mins, we have ten

Wolves have six players with less than 1000 mins, we have twelve.
  • edited April 2019
    I see alderz liked that post, but I suspect deep down there's a little bit of stat envy...
  • Totally agree on Wolves, really like their style of football.

I've think they are the best promoted team I've seen in the PL era.
  • I see alderz liked that post, but I suspect deep down there's a little bit of stat envy...

I actually used ‘excellent’. Which could mean:

1. This is an excellent use of stats, or
    2. Oh, excellent, this guy trying to steal my rep

Depending on how you read it
  • Are there any good sites for injury stats (over the course of the season; not current injuries)? I thought transfermarkt would have good stats but it doesn’t really.