Comments

• edited September 2016
    Pictures surfaced on social media on Tuesday of the pair, with users suggesting they appeared drunk.
    No direct evidence, no first hand account, and the person who started the Twitter storm didn't even take the photo.

Sorry, but what kind of universe have we stumbled into where investigations are carried out because Twits reckon something from looking at a picture?

These blokes (they are almost always blokes) on Twitter are the same blokes you used to get down the pub, and happily laugh at when they said 'I reckon', followed by some right old tosh, but now it is on t'Interwebby it is suddenly worth taking seriously?

It's time to nuke Twitter, and then go after Facebook.
  • They had a team meeting the night before and were in the same clothes the next day when the photos were taken. Carroll then put some silly tweets up. So there is something too it.
  • Or there is nothing to it.

I suggest you check out the original Twit and his comments.

That's was so pathetic about this current social media obsession.

It doesn't matter how much old nonsense it is, someone thinks it must be true, even when it is shown not to be.

Twitter is mainly people spouting off. old nonsense.

It isn't news, it isn't journalism, yet Twits get treated as though what they write is gospel.

And people think Elf and Safety has gone mad!!!
  • Err...

Forgive me if this is a stupid question but why is them getting drunk a problem?
  • If they had got drunk, which they hadn't...
  • Well yes... but if they did, is it so bad? Do we need the press wringing their hands and a public stewards inquiry??
  • Everybody loves a good outrage, suz.
  • they can drink the night before games for me as long as they perform on the pitch
  • Suze

Well, yes, of course!

It's a disgrace.

Think of the money they are on.

I mean, that makes all the difference, doesn't it? ;whistle

Otherwise they'd just be two blokes on their night off having a couple of sherberts, and where's the interest in that?

I shall be in the Hole in the Wall in Waterloo with one of my mates when I'm over, in case anyone wants to start a Twitter storm over that.

I could even provide my own pictures...
  • But will you be in the Market Porter at 6am the following morning?

#justasking
  • Herb

Not at my age!
  • edited September 2016
    Oh yes... I'd forgotten to factor that in MrsG ;doh
  • Not drinking with you then Grey... ;biggrin
  • edited September 2016
    I better get out in front of this then.

I was out until 4am last Easter and I had a few wobbly pops... There are photos.

• IronHerb said:

Not drinking with you then Grey... ;biggrin

Well, I hope you're not just going to watch!
  • Here's a clue as to why this is being made a big deal of: how many West Ham Fan Forum posts in the last hour have been about our form, or any relationship between us and the only England manager with a 100% win record?
  • That's the only England manager never to win a home match too.
  • Pengeman said (transferred comment from another thread)
    Gosh, we don't need any of these distractions. Why do these things haunt WHU?
  • From the Beeb:

But BBC Sport have spoken to the West Ham fan who started the Twitter rumours, and it's fair to say he's feeling a little sheepish that what started as a "joke" could have landed the players in hot water.

"There were photos circulating on Twitter earlier on Tuesday, so I got it and put it up as a joke and what started as an innocent joke has just turned into them being party animals," said Aran Nichol.

"I didn’t expect this at all, it was a joke."
  • Grey:
    "It's time to nuke Twitter, and then go after Facebook." ;clap

If only ;pray
  • I wonder how much of a joke people like Moron Nichol would think it if they started getting hit with defamation of character writs? ;hmm
  • "Users suggesting they appeared drunk".

The whole thing just annoys me. They can't control the ball, they can't pass the ball, they can't defend, they can't score. With all the money they earn are today's professional footballers unable to afford to go out and get properly wellied without having to put on an act.
  • Bobby Moore "win or loose, on the booze".

People need to adjust their outrage meters.
  • I better get out in front of this then.

I was out until 4am last Easter and I had a few wobbly pops... There are photos.

That oops upside your head thing needs a little more coordination ;bowdown ;wahoo

Ooh and if Randy was drinking, he's never let West Ham down. Although Andy Carrolls latest injury was tennis elbow caused by lifting too many pints. I should rush off to twitter to post it so everyone knows ;doh
  • Excuse me for being self righteous but is this the same Andy Carroll who Slav said at a time when he was actually fit to play & scoring goals that he needed to sort out his social habits or something like that. I don't feel like going out on the pop as I have nothing to celebrate football wise at the moment I can't see how the players have either. Saturday will tell me if this alleged team bonding exercise has worked. .
  • Excuse me for being self righteous but is this the same Andy Carroll who Slav said at a time when he was actually fit to play & scoring goals that he needed to sort out his social habits or something like that.

Not exactly, no.

I don't feel like going out on the pop as I have nothing to celebrate football wise at the moment

No one is suggesting they have anything to celebrate ... not sure what you are getting at there?

Saturday will tell me if this alleged team bonding exercise has worked. .

I wasn't aware that team-bonding activities came with a guarantee of any sort. If, though, you are aware of specific types of activities that do, Please Please Please pass on to the club the relevant details coyi