January transfer window 2019/20 season

Comments

• Yeold,

You are probably right as we spent all our money getting all the players we needed in the summer. It's not as if we are short in any key areas is it? ;)
  • Joe Allen still is decent. So its present, not past tense. He's got plenty of Prem experience too and I'd wager (for the money) he'd do a good job for us.

He's also borrowed Edgar Davids glasses so he's even better now he can see the ball and goalposts :whistle:
  • We don’t Need any ex Liverpool failures :lol:
  • edited December 2019
    Decent for who? A Stoke team who sit in the bottom three of the championship?
  • Sorry I don't mean to sound funny even though it reads like that. I can't say I've followed stoke at all so I genuinely don't know how he's performed.
  • Ex on Twitter, we're looking at RBs as Zab will leave in the summer.

Three names mentioned, Newcastle's Javier Manquillo (£5m according to Northern Echo), Norwich's Max Aarons (Spurs also interested according to the Mail) and Saints' Cedric Soares (contract expires in the summer, Teamtalk have also linked him with Arsenal and Wolves while Calcio Mercato have him moving to AC Milan)
  • For me the problem isn’t about signing Joe Allen. The issue Is giving up our old stadium in exchange for signing someone like Joe Allen
  • I mean I've just read somewhere that Joe Allen would cost us £15m lol.
  • Allen is a hard-working, tactically disciplined and tenacious—albeit not overly physical—midfielder, who is capable of aiding his team both creatively and offensively courtesy of his ability to transition the ball from defence to attack effectively after winning back possession. A versatile and gifted player with a low centre of gravity and quick feet, he is capable of playing in several midfield roles. Due to his vision, composure in possession, efficient passing and ability to dictate the tempo of his team's play in midfield as a playmaker, Allen has been described as the "Welsh Xavi" and as the "Welsh Pirlo" by his former manager at Swansea City and Liverpool ( :bowdown: ), Brendan Rodgers ( :bowdown: )

It's all about opinions but I can totally see the above description as Joe Allen. If he was at West Ham and I had to chose between him and Mark Noble playing I know I would chose (I'd substitute Noble on if we got a pen though ;) )
  • Are you on comission for the transfer Baz :lol:
  • and I had to chose between him and Mark Noble playing I know I would chose

And so do I. ;)
  • I just thought I'd Stoke the fire a bit :whome:
  • Ex says we're open to any offers for Wilshere but realise that his £100k pw wages aren't going to make it easy to move him on. Sanchez and Roberto are also on the way out.

Football insider says Pellegrini wants Victor Wanyama, on sale for £10m, but Daniel Levy won't deal with West Ham.

The Daily Mail says Stoke want £15m for Joe Allen, we only want to pay £8m.
  • I read somewhere that ex reckons we are trying to move Reid on too
  • If that's true then its a real class act by the club ,why am I not surprised :angry:
  • Steve

I think the same report seems to suggest that Reid thinks it would be the best thing to do too
  • :doh: well thats alright then
  • I am still trying to get over the idea that Wilshire is on £100k a week on a three year contract with his injury record! Surely a more sensible deal is £100k per week when available for selection, 25k when injured and the average achieved through the season each week in the off season. I cant believe we had too much competition at £100k per week.
  • Wouldn't it be nice if we could actually buy a player from another team that they don't actually want to leave. :ok: Wanyama would be at Bruges now if he hadn't turned down a move in August and he isn't a regular at the moment in Spurs team. Allen is wanted off the wage bill at Stoke. It appears to be the West Ham way to take players off other teams who no longer have any real use for them anymore, Cast Offs!
  • edited December 2019
    Sky Sports reporting that Spurs want to sign Issa Diop in January.
  • Can't afford to let Issa go until end of the season.
  • edited December 2019
    It's funny but whenever a move for Wanyama is mooted it is said Levy won't deal with West Ham. So........

Or £85m up front in cash. :biggrin:
  • I really like Wanyama, FWIW
  • The Guardian reckons that Boro want £5m for Randolph but we only want to pay £3m. A loan deal for Begovic or a bid for Butland remain possible.

They also say we're interested in 23-year-old Brazilian forward Gabriel Barbosa currently on loan at Flamengo from Inter, Newcastle’s Isaac Hayden and Stoke’s Joe Allen (again).
  • edited December 2019
    Exeter shouldn't that read as Can't afford to let Issa go.

After several decades of following West Ham I reckon the penny has finally dropped why we don't buy many players who other teams would like. Because if we do we don't hang onto the them for very long as they move on quickly as we just don't have the finances to compete and build a successful side which is quite upsetting.
  • Fortune. I think we have done well over recent seasons holding on to our better players, apart from when the player really wants to go, Payet, Arnautovic. I don't think we have been bullied into selling players we didn't want to by wealthier clubs.
  • Fortune. I think we have done well over recent seasons holding on to our better players, apart from when the player really wants to go, Payet, Arnautovic. I don't think we have been bullied into selling players we didn't want to by wealthier clubs.

Maybe our good players are not good enough to be noticed by big clubs?
    Just saying
This discussion has been closed.