Other games this weekend/midweek 17/8 on

1235»

Comments

• I am not unduly concerned about conceding a lot of goals, apart from the effect it might have on my blood pressure, as long as we score one more than the opposition. You can lose 3-0, hit the post a couple of times & have 65% possession and it wouldn't be a battering. The problem we had last season is we didn't turn up in some games and had no fight and lost at Burnley & Bournemouth when they were struggling. I am sure other people can recall incidents of similar cases of apathy (Wimbledon in the FA Cup).
  • edited August 2019
    If Pelle does not improve us, in PL & cup run's then get rid of quick, & not trying to pick fights but Iron Herb u made a comment earlier about what Baracks said, I dont agree, TBH sometimes IMO it sometimes comes across that u are very much that, u have jumped on some of my comments without reading properly, a little condescending IMO.....
    Anyhow, we all want The Hammers to do well, & if some of us think that it might be better without Pelle , just respect it, ..... as I have said already I will see how he does this season & if no improvement, then why would he deserve more, I mean his age aint in his favour......And he's had far more dosh to spend than others...
  • jay

I don't quite get what you mean by 'respect it'.

I respect that that is your view, and I would hope not to come across as rude, but would also hope that I (or anyone) is entitled to disagree with you wholeheartedly.

And I do!
  • edited August 2019
    Not all people on this site are like u tho Grey! We are all entitled to our opinions like you said, some posters on here sometimes think perhaps they are more entitled, just my opinion ...
  • I agree jay.
  • edited August 2019
    Jay - :ok: I personally want to keep Pelle, cos I am bored of changing & the owners, for me, will only go with a relatively cheap, out of work option. So, if they do pull the trigger, who are we likely to afford who will take us on a level?

But I can also get your view that he is a higher calibre manager, CV wise, to what we are used to & is paid as such. So more should be expected of him & if he doesn’t improve us this season, I can see why you would want to review it.
  • The problem, Luke, is not only the out of work freebie thing. It is also that if the daves have an inkling that they may just let the manager’s contract expire rather than firing, then they are likely to close the purse strings when it comes to transfers in the run up. If memory serves me, I’m sure they did this with Sam before his final season and they only gave Hugill to Moyes. This is why I think this is a big season for Pelle to really kick on and (hopefully) earn the right to a contract extension.
  • Luke :ok: Yeh, I mean this is our 1st " so called" top manager for many years....he had won the PL , Which none of his/our predecessors had..So I expect a better result than Bilic, who IMO should not have been sacked etc etc...I never wanted him when he was announced, yeh I wanted the Spanish Waiter, I'd have liked to see what he could have done with what Pelle has had to spend, but while he is with us, I will always support him, whether I want him here or not......
  • For me it’s all about expectations, I respect people’s opinions but for me spending 100 million doesn’t guarantee Europe, see Aston Villa, this season and Fulham last year, until we get those big foreign investors I’m quite happy to finish mid table and entertain in games, yes I’m disappointed in our cup runs but still in all honesty would question the commitment and fight in the players available in games against Wimbledon because the team picked imo should have beaten them and would have 9/10 on any other given day
  • Cuz1,

Do you have a year when we can expect the big foreign investors to come in as I can see that is the only way we will properly be competing at the top end of the league? :pray:
  • Not as yet but don’t go to bed yet
  • So read the thread and all I got out of it was battered nits, is that a northern delicacy :whistle:
  • Might be off Topic and having a bit of a quiet Snicker but I would expect battered nits to be Crunchie rather than soft in a Milky Way kind of way. :yercoat: