Other games this weekend (3-6th May) and midweek European games

Comments

• Our goalie is quite bad
  • Definitely need to get at least a keeper for the future. My wife has a broken knee but would still have been better.
  • Well done, West Ham women - underdogs all the way, but put in a competitive performance. :clap:
  • It was a great day, shame about the result.

An excellent advert for the women’s game.

Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.
  • (Look away now Herbie)

Liverpool get the rub of the green again. Alexander-Arnold gets away with a deliberate handball on the line and then assists their second goal.
  • Well yes and no. Newcastle scored so he cant be sent off.

But I know what you mean.
  • Can he not? :hmm:

I'd have thought deliberate handball denying a goal-scoring opportunity would be enough for a red, irrespective of whether Newcastle scored.

Not sure of the ruling. BRB :run:
  • edited May 2019
    From the FA:

"SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
    denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)"

No mention of what happens if the opposition score from the rebound :hmm:

But for me, TAA denied the initial first goal-scoring opportunity so should have been sent off regardless.
  • The ref could have blown for a pen and sent him off, providing he saw it as a pen, which these days?????? but he cant award the goal and then send him off.
  • BT tend to have a referee on hand to discuss this kind of thing. Sky don't so I doubt we'll get the official line.
  • Ref is having a mare regardless, missed a couple of obvious fouls is the last few minutes of the half.
  • edited May 2019
    If the ref wants to penalize the handball, he had to effectively ignore everything that happens after the offence. He can't ignore the offence, allow the goal, and then go back and punish an offence that happened in the build up.

Or if he allows the goal then realised there was an offence earlier, he can go back to the offence, but then the goal can't stand.
  • edited May 2019
    Not even against Liverpool? :hmm:
  • Special circs.
  • Just got home.

Oooo Newcastle have equalised :wahoo:
  • "If the referee plays the advantage for an offence for which a caution / send off would have been issued had play been stopped, this caution / send off must be issued when the ball is next out of play, except for the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity when the player is cautioned for unsporting behaviour."

So a booking then.

Which didn't happen either.

Still, Rondon has just equalised so I care a bit less about the handball now.
  • Lol. Was that the greatest defender in the universe found wanting. Again?
  • C'mon Newcastle :wahoo:
  • edited May 2019
    Can't see the score staying like this, but I would love it, love it, love it if it did.
  • edited May 2019
    Salah down, looks like he's going off

Edit: He's been stretchered off, Origi on.

He got clattered as the keeper came out to punch the ball, but then seemed to bang his head as he went down.
  • Nobody likes to see that, at all.
  • Have you seen the Barca starting X1 tonight? Not one starter from Wednesday.
    Oh dear. :biggrin:
  • Liverpool back in front.
  • edited May 2019
    Damn, so lucky, came of the defender.
  • That’s disappointing
  • Not sure it should have even been a free kick, but there you go.
  • It was Ritchie so almost certainly was.
  • Not sure it should have even been a free kick, but there you go.

Tbh, it did look a soft one.
  • Liverpool hang on.
  • Actually really making me angry see how much luck liverpool are getting week I week out

Hope City dont bottle it