Man City vs West Ham(A) Wed 27th February 8pm

Comments

• Ah well, nice while it lasted.
  • such a soft penalty decision, Stuart Atwell , as bad as Mason & East....
    Hopeless decision IMO
  • Such a soft penalty!
  • Fredericks!
  • Atwell has never been the same since he was touted at an young age as being the next great ref. He missed an absolute certain penalty at Brighton the other week and Burnley went up to the other end and scored.
  • Our centre backs have been brilliant so far.

On another note, we might as well get Hernandez on and go for it. Nothing to lose.
  • edited February 2019
    Great performance which looks like earning no points, but lots of really good display's IMO, great debut by Ben, both CB'S very good games & Ryan Fredericks my Man of Match for us....Spoilt by Stuart Atwell, referee , AKA MR Useless.
  • What odds would you have got on this being the lowest scoring match of the night.
  • So close to a draw or 0-1. But nice to see solid defending. Switched on. Good discipline with holding the line.
  • Although I fully expected for us to lose, I didn't think it would come down to a terrible penalty decision.

I'm glad we didn't embarrass ourselves, and hopefully it'll give us some confidence going into Saturday.

The other positives are that Bournemouth and Watford both got spanked and we haven't lost out a great deal with the midweek games.

And it also means Liverpool haven't pulled away from City.
  • edited February 2019
    imagelost said:

In that case we will give em 1 goal head start
    ;lol

I thought we was giving them 1 goal lead in the 1st few mins,,,,not half way through the 2nd ,,,,,, we do like to have it easy ;lol

Well done West Ham ;hug
    ;hug ;clap
  • Well played West Ham. We had a game plan, rode our luck and lost in the end only to what seems a poor decision.
  • Fredericks MOTM for me.
  • They say these things even themselves out over the season what utter rubbish I’d love to know the stats of dodgy decisions leading to goals for and against us, it won’t take away for me how we performed last night with a weakened team against the champions, proud of pelle and the team ;bowdown
  • I'm currently listening to the two Liverpool fans in the office dribbling over their team. Both were following the scores and both were desperately hoping for a West ham goal.

I'm actually quite glad we didn't oblige.

Hate Liverpool.
  • It was a half decent performance, Man City could have had a hatful. There were 3 opportunity's where we got just got carved open and City should have scored some easy chances in the first few minutes alone.

On another day if City had their shooting boots on they go 3 up in the first 15 minutes and end the game 5-0 or 6-0 to the good. a combination of good work from Fabianski and poor decision making and shooting on City's part.

You don't expect anything and the score line makes it look like we were solid, I cant agree completely, the defence were average at best, too many times they got in behind our defence. Can't fault the application or the defenders and Fredericks is looking better and better but again considering the opposition I wouldn't expect them not to turn our defence inside out.

• Just re-watching the match and can see that Lanzini is still a little off match sharpness.
    Just before he put the cross over to AC whose shot was saved, he could have very justifiably gone to ground from the tackle by Otamendi.
    Instead, he chose to hurdle the tackle to get his cross in.
    Pelle needs to have a word and remind him that next time he should fall over. ;biggrin
  • A bit of trivia that I've not seen elsewhere (it's not really relevant, and will only raise expectations which is why I guess the club don't mention it) but in The Guardian match report it says Johnson is 'the cousin of Ledley King and nephew of Paul Parker'.
  • It was a soft penalty but I doubt we’ll get any sympathy from anywhere after last week’s handball goal.
  • Thorn, lets be real here, when do we ever get any sympathy regarding poor decisions regardless what happened days b4!....
  • Made me laugh...

That shameful penalty decision has almost certainly cost West Ham the league title
  • In truth I think it was a penalty, maybe not a nailed on all day long type of penalty, but a penalty nonetheless.

The result was slightly flattering as I agree that on another day we could have easily lost by two or three, however it was a professional performance by a weakened team and I was proud of them.

;scarf
  • Dermot Gallagher says it wasn’t a penalty but can see why it was given as from Attwell’s view it looked like Anderson tripped Silva.
  • It was given because Attwell turned down a big appeal a couple of minutes earlier.
  • edited February 2019
    Chicago have to disagree with you there.
    Like so many players, he was just waiting for the slightest contact/excuse to go down. ;angry
    Unlike Lanzini at the other end (as I posted earlier) who could have easily gone down at Otamendi's mistimed tackle instead of riding it.

One other thing, this is the first time this season in EPL that Citeh have been prevented from scoring in open play. ;clap
  • And the first time they haven't scored more than 1 at home this season.
  • I thought it was more of a pen in the build up to our chance if Lanzani had gone down.
This discussion has been closed.