Man City vs West Ham(A) Wed 27th February 8pm

Comments

• edited February 2019
    Even with their injuries they still have Sane, Aguero, KDB, Bernado, David Silva and Sterling who can all ruin our defence.

Fernandinho and Laporte missing means we may score, but not enough to cancel out the 4-8 goals the above are going to score, IMO.
  • That's the spirit ;thumbsup

;lol
  • Perversely looking forward to this. Anderson may well need a rest, be nice to see Diangana again. Would play Rice, but maybe rest Noble. Need Snodders in there snapping at their heels (if he can get near them) and another high energy game from Antonio.

................................Fab..............................
    Fredericks..........Diop....Oggy.........Cresswell
    ...............Obiang.....Rice.....Snodgrass.........
    ..Antonio...............Arnie................Diangana

The middle three need to work their socks off. I can see Arnie getting a bit lonely at times. I`ll go with an optimistic 2--2. ;scarf
  • I get the feeling he may completely ring the changes, expect Obiang / Diangana to come in. Maybe Masuaku will end up coming in and potentially Carroll. With Nasri and Lanzini to get minutes.
  • Get a feeling Pellegrini is going to rest a few and target the Newcastle game, a narrow defeat I reckon maybe 2-1 loss
  • Oooooh Nasri, may play a blinder and score against his old club. Expected to see Lanzini at some stage in the second half, but forgot about Nasri. I DO NOT want to see Carroll or Masuaku. No need. I wonder if we could play a cheeky little 4-2-3-1 with Rice and Snodders as the two ( i`ve fallen for Snodders and will not drop him) and Ant, Nasri, and Diang as the three. Would be a bit more attacking and a bit more creative. We have definitely got the players for 4-2-3-1, but seem to play better in a straight 4-3-3. ;hmm
  • edited February 2019
    Fabianski
    Fredericks - Diop - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Obiang - Snodgrass
    Antonio - Arnautovic - Nasri

Adrian, Zabaleta, Rice, Lanzini, Anderson, Carroll, Hernandez

Let’s be honest we are going to struggle to get anything even if we put in the performance of the season. Our defence is far too open & they have far too much quality. I think if we keep it to a 1 goal defeat or even a 2-0 or 3-1 we will have done pretty well.

Rice, Zabaleta, Anderson can be rested with two of those pretty much ever presents all season. Diop could do with a breather too but we have nobody capable of stepping in at the moment.
  • I'd play Zabaleta tonight and Fredericks on Saturday.
  • edited February 2019
    Zaba v Sane and Sterling?

Cricket score.

If we want damage limitation, we need our paciest defenders on the pitch, IMO
  • In that case we will give em 1 goal head start
    ;lol
  • Hmm, maybe you're right, OldCastle. But will Fredericks be able to play on Saturday, as well, and if not, will Zab be able to deal with the Newcastle wingers? ;hmm
  • I don't think Newcastle's forwards are as quick or threatening as City's. Matt Richie isn't particularly pacy, and certainly not in Sane's and Sterling's league.

I guess it depends on whether Pellegrini is writing tonight off. If so, may as well play Zaba and risk a tonking and save Fredericks - the more attacking option - for Newcastle.
  • edited February 2019
    Matt Richie puts in fairly good crosses, though... But, as you rightly said, we'll see...
  • A cunning plan of Pelle might be to play Zaba and rely on Citeh not wanting to embarrass a faithful former player. ;pray
  • Pace is always important but I think with City you can't underestimate positional sense for the defender.

They love teams chasing them down as they just pop it round and wear you out.

Knowing where to be that stops them making the pass or cross is just as important.
  • To be fair to zab don’t think anyone since he’s been here as made him look slow even the quicker players but that’s only imo
  • Cuz

I agree.

There's a narrative that he is a 'great player, but his legs have gone.'

Well, no one seems to have told Zab, as he goes up and down all game, and is still running in the 90th minute.
  • Wasn't there a stat earlier in the season that he was the fastest player or something like that... ;hmm
  • Wasn't there a stat earlier in the season that he was the fastest player or something like that... ;hmm

Was that stat after the first minute of the first game of the season when only Zabaleta had made a run???
  • I think it was 'furthest run'?
  • 5 changes to the starting line up according to ex
  • Ben Johnson is a rumour too ;hmm
  • Out of position on debut against the best team in the country.

Talk about the deep end ;lol
  • Could make or break him ;sofa
  • THE Ben Jonson? Never mind out of position. Out of sport, more like. But at least he's quick. ;wink
  • Or he could just have an average 6.5/10 game
  • No Arnautovic, so Carroll starts
  • Omg that team ;sofa
  • Cressers a bit of an injury, Arnie ill, according to club site.
This discussion has been closed.