Get Out of My League! - The dreaded drop, and who's for it?

13»

Comments

• Hamstew said:

So Sheffield Utd next season :clownhorn:

Got a job lot of these if you’re interested?

• Expect the usual BBC stuff next season about their unfair relegation and how we supposedly cheated them out of the PL.
    Imagine what it’s going to be like in our games against them.

It’s already started, not the BBC but Henry Winter has got a dig in already the twonk
  • Slav, do you have a link?
  • He then has the front to come out with this corker :doh:

• Warnock has been saying he’s never forgotten it and he feels that fate will determine Cardiff’s status at old Trafford on the last day just as it sealed the blades fate when Tevez scored the winner in 2007.
  • Perhaps he shouldn’t lose to 10 men

Or field weakened sides against MUFC

Or lose a 10 point lead

Got Zero sympathy for Colin

Absolute muppet
  • Muppet seems to be the buzz word today as Chris Wilder has called some of the Leeds players muppets for mouthing off on social media! He is another good reason not to like Sheffield United.
  • edited April 2019
    Yes they all conveniently forget that they all agreed we were so far adrift at the time that a fine was much the better punishment than a pointless points deduction because we were all but relegated until we started winning again. Well, I've never forgotten it and I'll never forgive or forget squealing whelan and Colin, and Sean muppet bean. I hope Cardiff go down and the blunts go next year. Oooh I could crush a grape. :angry:
  • The one thing you have to give Colin credit for is the way he managed to get the anagram Neil Warnock out of his real name. :biggrin:
  • edited April 2019
    Yeah, why would he do that ;)
  • I still remember the only result for both wigan and the blunts to stay up was 2-1 to wigan and both stayed up on GD assuming we lost or drew, the result 2-1 to wigan, seems no one thought that strange at the time, that's assuming my memory is working as it should, which is no sure thing these days :doh:
  • edited April 2019
    With one game left the table was

16th Sheff Utd 38pts -22 GD
    17th West Ham 38pts -25 GD
    18th Wigan 35pts -23 GD

If we'd lost 1-0 then it would have been

16th Wigan 38pts -22 GD
    17th Sheff Utd 38pts -23 GD
    18th West Ham 38pts -26 GD

If we'd drawn we would have stayed up.

Sheff U and Wigan were drawing 1-1 until Jagielka gave away a penalty for a totally needless handball in time added on at the end of the first half. At almost the same time Tevez scored.

Wigan even got player sent off for a second yellow with 15 minutes left but the Blunts still couldn't score. Maybe if Bielsa had been in charge of Wigan things might have been very different...
  • edited April 2019
    I, for one, will eternally hold an intense dislike/contempt for anyone associated with Blunts at that time, with a special place reserved for Colin and McBabe. Also not forgetting Sean Bean, and Dave Whelan of Wigan who stirred the whole thing up in the first place.
    It also applies to all journos, (print & TV) and so-called pundits who jumped on the anti-West Ham bandwagon.
    I have a slightly lesser feeling towards all Blunt fans that couldn't accept that they weren't good enough.
    :angry:
  • Trouble was the whole issue was very badly handled by the club. They knew at the outset that there could be problems as something wasn’t quite right and didn’t pick them for ages.
    When it came to needs must, Curbs stuck Tevez in and it got us going and we went on a run with 7 wins out of 9.
  • edited April 2019
    thorn

You are remembering wrongly.

Tevez played his first game for us on 10th Sept, and had played 13 games by the end of Dec.

Mascherano made his debut 17th Sept, but was kept out by the form of Hayden Mullins (this is not a misprint), or, perhaps more accurately, he was kept out as it was apparent he had no interest in putting in any effort for us.
  • Mascherano made his debut 17th Sept, but was kept out by the form of Hayden Mullins (this is not a misprint) :lol:
  • Grey I should have looked up his stats first (just as you did 😄) before trying to accurately remember things from 12 years ago. He made 26 appearances that season but we did dodge a huge bullet. We got a massive fine because I’m sure the authorities thought our form was so poor that a points deduction would serve no purpose. Nobody expected us to survive including most Hammers fans.
    I think it was a poor show by the club that they didn’t examine all the ramifications of these transfers before going ahead. Warning shots were being fired as soon as the ink was dry.
    Anyway we stayed up and I didn’t care who went down but if the boot had been on the other foot I would have been more than a tad angry but even angrier at our own team for making a complete mess of the last couple of fixtures as the Blunts did even after thrashing us. At that point they thought they’d sent us down Tevez or no Tevez.
  • Grey I should have looked up his stats first (just as you did 😄)

That's what the Interwebby's for.

Although, if our own misremember the circumstances, it is no wonder that the meejah keep misreporting them.
  • Although, I hold the meejah to a higher standard, on account of ... it's their job and they get paid for it.
  • edited April 2019
    Remember that Tevez and Mascherano were signed by Terry Brown with little or no input from Pardew. Brown sold up to the Icelandics in November, long before everything went pear-shaped and he should have been stripped of his Honorary Life Presidency for the damage he did to this club.

Pardew stuck with his players, I remember seeing Tevez playing out on the wing a few times because Pardew wanted Zamora and Harewood up front.

Mascherano who had played every game of Argentina's world cup was left on the bench behind Mullins. According to Curbs when he took over in December Mascherano was a lost cause so he sold him to Liverpool.
  • McCabe on sky saying 12 years on he’s friends with West Ham and looking forward to the visit at the London stadium, well 12 years on I ain’t friends with the blunts and look forward to there relagation again
  • I thought McCabe was in a fight for control of the club. I'll have a root around.