Chelsea (H) - 23 Sept 18 1:30pm ko - Match Thread

12346»

Comments

• Thing with zab is you don’t need pace if you read the game some of the worlds best defenders never had pace
  • Great point that and a decent performance, loving the CB’s and keeper right now, Rice doing really well and Anderson is certainly finding his form now

Yarmo will have nightmares about that header

• Fantastic performance and everyone played their part.
    I would especially want to big up our centre back pairing. Giroud never got a look in and Hazard barely a sniff.
    Well done to our skipper of course. He did a great job again.
    Rice was outstanding, time for that phone call from "the waistcoat". England expects etc... but England needs to get him on board. Speaking of which, where's the hold up at the domestic end of things? Time for that contract surely. Get it done!
    I can't believe Yarmo's miss. Practice needed there ;doh

Mainly because I think I see the Pelle project taking root I am a very happy hammer today. oh and because I like it of course (like rock n roll). "Football that will delight the fans". I think we are getting it but it is a work in progress and things can will only get better. Bring on Manure.
  • Diop made Garth Crooks' team of the week. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45620994
  • If it wasn't for fabianski, we could have lost that 0-4.
  • If it wasn't for Yarmolenko, we could've won that 1-0. ;wink
  • Cuz1
    Thing with zab is you don’t need pace if you read the game some of the worlds best defenders never had pace. ;ok

What, you mean like the only English captain to win the World Cup? ;biggrin
  • Agree with almost all these comments (unlike the bbc site which is 75% WUM buffoons) I rate Antonio, all he needs is a goal, and he can cover so many positions for us. Zab did more attacking than Arthur, and he is on the same wavelength as Yarmo. Nobes has made all the "he's past it" posters go quiet.
    Oh, and I liked the way the game was played and reffed: no Terry, Fabregas etc makes a huge difference to the atmosphere ;clap
  • The big thing for me yesterday was something personal. I normally watch West Ham & I'm like a nervous wreck when the opposition have the ball but for some reason I was totally calm watching us yesterday. I watched it with a Chelsea mate (yes,I have one, he's old school & supported them in their barren years) & he was really impressed by our defending. Apart from a nervy last few minutes I didn't worry once & I didn't think we looked like conceding. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt like that when watching us play.It's early in the season & just like I didn't want to panic too much when we lost our first four I don't want to get over excited but I'm cautiously positive at the moment & Diop is looking a real find. Onwards & upwards & COYI!!!
  • Diop looks better every game he plays could have a real good pairing there with rocky who I thought was also more assured, zabs experience will also help the two of them, noble for me had his best game this season and dare I say it imo looks a better player without Wiltshire so when fit dont know apart from the bench where jack fits
  • Agree re diop the number of times he came out and nicked the ball of Giroud/No data

Easy to forget he's only 21 as well, physically he's very well built for this league and looks like he's gonna justify the big price tag and some
  • edited September 2018
    Regarding Noble, I've just re-watched the whole game and he was rarely in possession. He made several interceptions and a couple of useful passes, but was almost never on the ball for long. He therefore could not be accused of dithering or passing sideways or backwards. He did however put a shift in covering a lot of the pitch and pressing areas rather than opposition players and it made the midfield a lot more secure. Maybe Pelle has found out how best to use him. ;ok

On another note, does anyone else think that Rocky is a South American version of the Ginger Pele?
  • Funny, seems like team spirit is good, Yarmo posted this, the boys have let him know what shape they think his head is following that glaring miss

F648D971-A65A-4D71-92F6-7093E0C7EBB3
  • Yarmo, be there (next time) ;biggrin
  • I listened to the match on the radio, can't wait to watch it but from the commentary alone I can't understand why Yarmo got MotM instead of Fab.
This discussion has been closed.