Wolves (H) - 01/09/2018 at 3pm - Match Thread

Comments

• MIA

The issue for me with that was that it looeked deliberate to go for the near post but nobody else read it.
  • Can anyone explain to me our strategy at corners? I am at a loss.
  • Players look heavy legged

Not a lot of movement anywhere on the pitch and seem to be second to every ball

Would like to see Yarmolenko on for Antonio at half time
  • MIAHammer said:

Can anyone explain to me our strategy at corners? I am at a loss.

i think it follows the formula of.

-Is Andy Carroll on the pitch ?

-=Yes? don't cross the ball, play to feet.

-=No? Float crosses, into the back post.

-Is someone in the box ?

-=Yes? Play it back to the full back.

-=No? Put the ball into the box.

-Is someone at the front or back post ?

-=Yes? Cross the ball in front of the keeper.

-=No? Cross the ball to the front or back post.
  • How bad was that ,can we please bring on 11 new players for the second half because not sure I can watch anymore of this .NOTHING HAS CHANGED in fact its got worse
  • Players look heavy legged

Not a lot of movement anywhere on the pitch and seem to be second to every ball

Hasn't this been the case for the best part of two seasons. Just seem to really struggle to find any momentum at all.
  • oh by the way who is the home team here
  • The only real positive I think is that Diop & Balbuena have looked more comfortable and have made some good tackles...although their passing has been sloppy
  • edited September 2018
    MIAHammer said:

Can anyone explain to me our strategy at corners? I am at a loss.

And to illustrate my pointimageWHU 1
  • MIAHammer said:

Can anyone explain to me our strategy? at corners? I am at a loss.

Fixed it for ya!

Thought the first half was very uninspiring and laboured. Half the time the players and manager would not look out of place with an big "?" above their heads

• another low intensity - too many touches - no ideas type game
  • We need to go back to the basics. Pass to feet, give the passer an option by finding space. We don't need to do anything fancy but a period where we dictate the play and dominate on the ball will do us the world of good (basically what we did well against Wimbledon).
  • Something Wilshire was suppose to be good at, he looks useless.
  • Please Wolves can we have our ball back as we would like to have a kick to
  • Something Wilshire was suppose to be good at, he looks useless.

I said it last week and I'll say it again. So far, I don't see what Wilshere brings that Noble doesn't.
  • It's so wearisome season after season ad nauseum. ;tumbleweed
  • Yarmolenko on for Snodgrass I think

Personally think Antonio should've made way but Snodgrass didn't exactly do much either
  • i'm not sure "team is still gelling" will cut it considering Wolves have half a brand new team, and are the away team !
  • Yes, I'm sitting here hoping we can get a point at home to a newly promoted side having spent close to a hundred million pounds. That can't be right can it? Can it?
  • Great chance for balbuena at a corner but he messes up a free header
  • Where's the teamwork? We are playing as a bunch of individuals
  • Started well

Yarmolenko has sparked us alive

Not quite falling in the box though
  • Great save from Patricio from a looping header from Antonio...

• Wilshire off for Obiang...

Bit defensive that....feel we need to win today
  • edited September 2018
    I don't see what Wilshere offers. From a defensive point of view he always seems out of position, frequently out muscled and behind the pace of the game. He's playing in a deeper role and therefore isn't offering anything offensively. His passing which is meant to be his main asset hasn't been anything special either. Imo someone like Rice could do a better job defensively while offering good ball retention skills.

Now Obiang has come on when personally I think Rice would've been better (in fact imo should've started). Seems Pellegrini isn't so keen on him.

On another note we actually seem to be trying too hard to make something happen and find that magic killer pass. Imo if we relaxed and took time with our passing we'd be far more effective.
  • There's very little movement off the ball. Passes are going into players in static positions.
  • Egghhh

Why didn't Antonio hit it first time

Almost got caught out on the counter
  • Fabianski absolutely saved us there
  • Great save

Fredericks is having an awful game
  • Rice only takes 1-2 touches. Pellegrini likes 3-4
This discussion has been closed.