Injury (and Recovery) News for 2018-19

Comments

• So close to topping the list of number of injuries. Unsurprising that the champions had the second fewest injuries.
  • Also the Champion Also-Ran team, Burnley, and the Champion Sacrificial Goat that Refused to get Slaughtered team, Brighton. Lesson seems to be stay injury-free and have a good season.
  • 'Number of injuries' doesn't tell the full story. The number of days lost through injury is just as important, or how severe the injury is.
  • Not to mention who gets injured. 1st team, squad, youth fillers...
  • You can always rely on A/C.
  • Hammerex

Yeah, but then the heat really hits you when you go outside...
  • Great to see Manu in good spirits, can imagine it's very difficult
    Given Wilsheres poor start as the playmaker in the team Lanzini would be important right now, let's hope he can come back to full fitness....we may need him

Am I right in saying that Carroll is out of contract summer 2019? Looking forward to not hearing about his constant injury troubles

Sad to hear about Reid & Byram but they are just as bad......wouldn't surprise me if they are forced into early retirement the rate they are going
  • AC is indeed out of contract at the end of the season along with Adrian, Zabaleta and Declan Rice.
  • It really doesn't matter whether Andy Carroll is in or out of contract he has been hardly any use at all for us for as long as I can remember.

One or two goals here or there over many years doesn't help the team at all.
  • 33 goals in 114 Premier League appearances and he's back in training.

Fingers crossed he doesn't score 20 goals before the end of the season otherwise S&G might offer him an extension.
  • if he scores 20 goals this season it could "save our season " ;run
  • Worse thing is the strike rate ratio ain’t that bad it’s the games he’s missed that’s the real problem, can’t fault that or his commitment but imo he will never play enough for anyone in the future he really his a sicknote, and would like to add I really do rate him and this isn’t a slagging him off exercise it’s just the way it his unfortunately
  • If he would sign an extension purely on pay as you play I’d keep him for sure. But with anything close to his wages he’s not worth it
  • So frustrating. When on his game he us immense. Scores important goals e.g. goal against Stoke last season. Just wish he was available more often.
  • Ex & Hugh reporting that Arnie's knock was 'minor' & he is currently resting up for a couple of days before being expected back in training later in the week.
  • Wiltshire out for six weeks had op on minor ankle injury successfully today
  • edited September 2018
    Wilshire injured again,,,,
    guess nothing new , ankle surgery to keep him out for around 6 weeks according to SSN, his form was poor before the injury so perhaps not a great miss...already noted by Cuz on Chelsea thread....
  • Sounds harsh, but for me the Wilshere news is good news. It gives our MF time to gel as a unit that tackles & passes quickly, rather than wafts about, dribbles, and loses the ball.
  • Never good to have a player out. I just think this is going to be the beginning of a long hit injury career with us.
  • Well at least we have him on a pay as you play basis
    Well at least we went with the cautious 1 year contract option suggested
    Well at least we have Manuel coming back soon

Well at least we have Rice ;thumbsup
  • I thought Reid and Carroll were expected back end of Sept ;hmm
  • I thought it was November for Carroll and next year for Reid.
  • Iron Herb, What November are you referring too. ;lol
  • Is that the time already
  • On form they wouldn’t get in either of them
  • Sanchez suspected medial ligament damage
  • Thank god we didn’t sell Obiang.