Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

World Cup Last 16 and onwards (excluding England matches)

Comments

• this ref is ridiculous, blowing for every time a french player falls over.
    SuzanneClaret
  • I’m enjoying this game. Aussies are getting stuck in, and the French are taking a while to get going.
    SuzanneClaretClaretandBlueforLife
  • Come on Aus ;wahoo
  • France have been poor, Pogba is awful (again). If there's no score after an hour I reckon they'll bring on Giroud
  • edited June 16
    These French players do like a lay down don’t they, poor little popettes must be very tired from all that injury feigning.

I’m of the opinion, that kind of ‘simulation’ is deserving of a yellow card.
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • The refs given a pen to France AFTER watching VAR ;nonono

#wrong
  • edited June 16
    Well dodgy
  • Pen to Aus... hand ball by France.

But he’s still checking VAR.

Come on Aus.
  • edited June 16
    What on earth just happened? He definitely touched the ball.

Edit: haha, I’m talking about the first penalty!
    SuzanneClaret
  • 1-1 ;wahoo
  • edited June 16
    Now that's comedy
    imagelost
  • VAR is a joke.
  • I thought the VAR was right, personally. None of the angles convinced me he touched the ball.
    MrsGrey
  • First, I'm not sure the Aus player did get the ball, and second, you often see refs give free kicks after a tackle, even where the player got the ball.

For me, the key thing is the ref got to take a look, and decide if he had made the right decision, so VAR worked as intended.
    MrsGreySuzanneClaretalderz
  • edited June 16
    Oh I thought that it showed that it did Ald ;lol
  • The French right back is a fraud
  • The French right back plays at centre back for Stuttgart

And that was posted before that ridiculous attempt at a shot of his
  • Yeah, that looks like a centre back's shot

Oh, I thought he was Claude ;yercoat
  • True Grey, it’s worked as intended even if I think the ref didn’t see something I thought I did ;ok
  • edited June 16
    Alderz

I re-wound my tv footage multiple times to check the Australian touches the ball and I’m sure he did. And a slowed down the footage by holding down the play button. #DIY-VAR

Grey

That was the only issue for me, whether the ‘trip’ after the tackle was enough to give a penalty. But imo the ‘trip’ was part of the original tackle.
  • Oh no France have scored ;weep
  • I wonder how much the ref has got on France to win this one ;puzzled
  • Suze

;ok

When you see how often people disagree, even after umpteen replays, it's always going to end up with some people disagreeing with a decision.
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • Adam. DIY VAR ;lol
  • He’s not had the greatest of games Expat but all goal / penalty decisions have been checked with VAR, I think he should have dealt with the play acting better.
  • I've not been watching all of it, just popping in and out between gardening chores, but the French will probably win it with luck like that ;angry
    ClaretandBlueforLife
  • Something like the pen. will still always divide opinion because it's a judgement call rather than a matter of fact like an offside.
    SuzanneClaret
  • not a good day to be an Aussie, losing in the Rugby, the football and not looking great so far in the Cricket !
    SuzanneClaretthornburyironIronHerb