TRANSFER WINDOW KLAXON - stand clear, this window is now closed

Comments

• IronHerb said:

Not sure how Ayew will pass a medical at Swansea today if injured.

Depends what the injury is. Lots of clubs sign players who are injured.

(Well, maybe not lots, but it happens a fair few times.)
  • edited January 2018
    SKY reporting Slimani is out for 2 weeks with a thigh injury. (May put your theory to the test Mrs G)

Sign him up!
  • IronHerb said:

SKY reporting Slimani is out for 2 weeks with a thigh injury. (May put your theory to the test Mrs G)

Sign him up!

That's incredible. We injure players by association alone now ;lol
  • The force is strong in this club.
  • Liverpool signed Carroll for £35m on deadline day despite the fact he'd been out injured for a month and he didn't play until March.
  • Liverpool signed Carroll for £35m on deadline day despite the fact he'd been out injured for a month and he didn't play until March.

As he played since
  • Youngblood to be brought in please no players in there late 20 or 30
  • edited January 2018
    Macca, here y'go ;biggrin

• Sam Inkersole (@Football_LDN) claiming West Ham are "mulling over making a move" for Smolov.

Mulling over?! The window closes in a little over 12 hours time ;lol
  • So, Sky Sports and the Sun have said we are in talks to sign him.

An 'ITK' says we are still wondering whether to make a move.

These clearly contradict each other.

Should I believe one, neither or both?

• Mrs Grey, it could all be just a rumour. ;wink
  • So that's a 'both' then.
  • You can still talk while considering whether to complete or not but I don't think this one will happen.
  • The boy from Lille has a good record and at the right age and the Russian striker also falls into that category
    Or can we only afford loans
  • We’re gonna sign nobody aren’t we?
  • And Slimani is signing for..........SKY went to a break. ;puzzled
  • edited January 2018
    Re Slimani, it would worry me slightly if players considered Newcastle, and indeed Swansea in Ki's case, to be more attractive than West Ham.

Although, with everything going on at the club, I'm not sure I can blame them in all honesty.
  • edited January 2018
    Lukerz said:

We’re gonna sign nobody aren’t we?

That was my prediction yesterday. Hoping I'm wrong, but with Zaba doing well in MF last night and Hernandez and Mario working well together, I think the concensus at the club will be to muddle on with what we've got.
  • Talk about last minute , it was always going to be loans imo .
  • That we be the club all over don’t push the boat out muddle on
  • OCS

I think it will be what Moyes said; if we can get one or two who definitely improve us, we will, but he won't just take 'bodies', so it may be that we get no one.
  • Declan Rice is like a new signing imo.

• Batshuayi to Dortmund, done deal.

Has anyone mentioned that?
  • OCS

I think it will be what Moyes said; if we can get one or two who definitely improve us, we will, but he won't just take 'bodies', so it may be that we get no one.

Maybe, but if (and I know it's a big if) it's true that we've got bids in for 10 players, that rather suggests to me that we've taken an 'anyone will do' approach.
  • No point in taking players who won't improve us, they are usually v expensive in January and we are still picking up points with all these injuries and we have a few players due back soon.
  • Depends who the 10 players are doesn't it? If Moyes said I would like any 2 from this list of 10 then that isn't a scattergun approach imo.
  • As has been acknowledged by Moyes, the original plan for signings had to be amended once the injury blight struck late in the transfer window.

If we are therefore getting someone in to cover an injury (which by definition is a time-limited need), I think it could be argued that a loan is probably a sensible way to go.
  • I think loan to buy is the right option if they are from outside the prem
This discussion has been closed.