Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IF YOU CAN'T SIGN IN, CLEAR COOKIES FROM YOUR BROWSER CACHE

If you aren't sure how to do that, see this thread: whu606.com/discussion/7162/why-am-i-having-trouble-signing-in

If you still can't log in, email whu***@gmail.com (where *** is replaced by numbers I am sure you can work out.) giving the name of the browser and whether you are on PC or mobile device.
Categories +
Table +
PhysioRoom +

Next 8 games: Status Quo or Down Down Deeper and Down?

Next 8 fixtures.

30/01/2018 West Ham v Crystal Palace
03/02/2018 Brighton v West Ham
10/02/2018 West Ham v Watford
24/02/2018 Liverpool v West Ham
03/03/2018 Swansea v West Ham
10/03/2018 West Ham v Burnley
18/03/2018 West Ham v Manchester United
31/03/2018 West Ham v Southampton

As always, not a prediction competition, not necessarily what you think we will get, just what you would want as the minimum from these games.

I'd be disappointed with less than 10 from that lot, even allowing for our current injuries.

Comments

• Depends a lot of how long Lanzini and Arnie miss as in an ideal world they would be back for march

Id say min we need is 10, but honestly i think we'd do well right now to get 8

So 8....that way it'll only be better...right
    alderz
  • 8 from these 8 games, 4 from the last 6 gets us to 38 points which should be enough (I suspect 36 may well be OK, but it's not good for the old ticker). I'd like more to give us more breathing space going into the last 6, but think 8 keeps us just about OK.
  • But just about ok is not what we should be content with I was sold a dream and in reality it’s a nightmare
  • edited January 28
    Cuz, that's a different discussion, going on on at least 2 other threads.

The point of this thread is precisely to determine what points total is 'just about OK' for users, given the teams we are facing in the next 8 games.
  • 8 minimum = 2 wins + 2 draws
  • Cuz1 said:

I was sold a dream and in reality it’s a nightmare

caveat emptor
  • I’ll still be doing the match threads in March - I’ll leave the sums to someone else
  • Cuz, that's a different discussion, going on on at least 2 other threads.

The point of this thread is precisely to determine what points total is 'just about OK' for users, given the teams we are facing in the next 8 games.

Thort it was about the points we required to make us safe and was just trying to make the point we shouldn’t be happy to be just safe but fair enough
  • MrsGrey said:

Cuz1 said:

caveat emptor
    Yes maybe they should have and not sold as seen
  • edited January 28
    Cuz

The idea behind these threads is to try to help us to take a slightly wider perspective than just 'the last game'.

Individual games/results can be disappointing (or exhilarating), but over a spread of games the team can manage (or not) to achieve what we might have expected.

Knowing what that is in advance can help to inform judgements about progress (or lack of it.)
  • 10 for me. 3 wins and a draw. Assuming we get 0 from Man U and Liverpool, I’d be disappointed with less than 3 wins against the other 6 teams.

But it will be more difficult with our current injuries.
  • MrsGrey said:

Cuz1 said:

caveat emptor
    Anima Nostra vendidit
  • edited January 28
    He/she/it sold the breath ;wink

Not in as frequent use as 'buyer beware', obvs.
    Cuz1
  • 8, for me. 1 win, 5 draws.
  • Luck we need luck
    The Man U game nothing “tho we prob beat them and lose the rest”.
    Liverpool nothing
    We need 2 wins from somewhere maybe 3 draws
  • A scrappy and fortunate 10.
  • 8 acceptable. Any more a bonus.
    Cuz1
  • edited January 29
    What we should be looking at....12 points and safety.

What we probably looking at.... 5 points and a struggle
  • It’s a ten from Glenn
  • Surely at least ten, hopefully 12 especially after all the players who will join before 31/01/2018. ;wink
  • A little run down on the relegation battle...

Our summary is the only one that mentions our own fans as a reason to be fearful....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/01/30/premier-league-relegation-health-check-best-shape-avoid-drop/
  • edited January 30
    Any more injuries and some of us will be playing, is that why they are fearful!
  • Any more injuries and some of us will be playing, is that why they are fearful!

my company will not release me:(