West Ham vs Huddersfield 11.09.17 Match Thread

Comments

• Apparently Merson is a twonk who wears dark glasses ;wink
    I vote C), because they're Twonks with a capital T.
    Are there any media chatterers who are NOT twonks? Just a thought...
  • But Slav, you forgot Lawro, the god of all twonks.

For where two or three gather together in My name, there am I with them.
  • I've just comes across some tweets encouraging Ayew to retire from his national side following a less than inspiring performance. Oh dear, not exactly going great guns for him is it? At least with Enner he seemed to produce the goods for his national side even though he didn't really do it for us.
  • edited September 2017
    TBH, I think Ayew would really flourish in a 2 behind Chicharito.

Something like:

Hart
    Zabaleta - Reid - Ogbonna
    Antonio - Kouyate - Obiang - Masuaku
    Lanzini - Ayew
    Chicharito

But with both Antonio and Arnie in the squad, it looks less than likely he'll get a consistent run there.

But he isn't a wonder or a striker. I think he has to play as part of a trio.
  • Yep I'd have to agree, he's definitely no "wonder"
  • edited September 2017
    More like a wanderer ;hmm
  • An Aimless Wanderer.
  • Apparantly Ayew could be injured for this

Ngl quite happy with this Ayew has been awful he runs around but im not sure what hes good at...... he isn't very good at passing, doesn't have the pace to run off the back of defenders/midfielders, hasn't got dribbling ability to go through players and lacks the strength of a forward

Would much prefer Sakho if we want to partner Hernandez or hopefully Lanzini is fit enough to come in as a number 10
  • Ayew at Marseille was absolute lightning, I don't understand what's happened to his pace at all
  • Ayew could miss Ghana's game tomorrow against Congo due to "muscle fatigue".

No idea which muscles are fatigued but I doubt if its his legs......
  • alderz said:

Ayew at Marseille was absolute lightning, I don't understand what's happened to his pace at all

Yeah I remember him being very fast as a left winger for Ghana and Marseilles. Don't know what happened.
  • he joined West Ham
  • From the EPL website: -

25 Squad players (*=Home grown)
    Antonio, Michail Gregory*
    Arnautovic, Marko
    Ayew, Andre Morgan Rami
    Byram, Samuel Mark*
    Carroll, Andrew Thomas*
    Collins, James Michael*
    Cresswell, Aaron*
    Fonte, Jose Miguel
    Hart, Charles Joseph John*
    Henry, Doneil Jor-Dee Ashley
    Hernandez Balcazar, Javier
    Kouyate, Cheikhou
    Lanzini, Manuel
    Makasi, Kusu Moses*
    Masuaku Kawela, Fuka-Arthur
    Noble, Mark James*
    Obiang Avomo, Pedro Mba
    Ogbonna, Obinze Angelo
    Reid, Winston Wiremu
    Sakho, Diafra
    San Miguel Del Castillo, Adrian
    Zabaleta Girod, Pablo Javier

Under-21 players (Contract and Scholars)
    Adarkwa, Sean Jordan
    Akinola, Olatunji Oluwasehun
    Alese, Ajibola
    Barrett, Mason
    Belic, Kristijan
    Browne, Marcus Alexander
    Burke, Reece
    Costa Da Rosa, Bernardo
    Coventry, Conor
    Cullen, Joshua Jon
    Dalipi, Kevin
    Diangana, Grady
    El Mhassani, Anouar
    Fernandes Ribeiro, Edimilson
    Haksabanovic, Sead
    Hamilton, Malyk
    Hannam, Reece Phillip Peter
    Hector-Ingram, Jahmal Justin
    Henry, Korrey
    Holland, Nathan Elliot
    Johnson, Benjamin
    Kemp, Daniel
    Lewis, Alfie
    Longelo Mbule, Emmanuel
    Longelo-Mbule, Rosaire
    Martinez Lopez, Antonio
    Matrevics, Rihards
    Miller, Ethan
    Mingi, Jade Jay
    Neufville, Vashon
    Ngakia, Jeremy
    Oxford, Reece Joel
    Pask, Joshua David
    Pike, Alexander George
    Powell, Joe
    Quina, Domingos
    Rice, Declan
    Samuelsen, Martin
    Scully, Anthony Richard
    Spyridis, Odysseas
    Sylvestre, Noha
    Trott, Nathan Wallace Newman
    Watson, Louie Shaun
    Wells, Ben

https://www.premierleague.com/news/465277#!
  • Ayew suffers from a touch of Westhamitis!!
    Players joining us after a while lose their skill, lose their passion , get injured for long spells or just decide they want to leave the the club.
    It happens to nearly all our players eventually Ayew, Sakho ,Carroll, Payet, feghouli, snodgrass,jelavic, maiga,emenike, Zarate,Zaza,Calleri,Fonte.

The list is endless really.
  • Well that applies to every player who ever played football.
  • Ironherb

It may well do over a players long career but it seems that one of those things happens to players joining West Ham very quickly. That is why our squad has been so disjointed and the team seems to have no continuity . Our midfield and defence change all the time . At least our one ok forward seems to be fine this season.
  • We have had our fair share of big signings (at the time) that have been either immediately or significantly injured or even suspended.....

It's been going on for a long time but it really kicked in for me around Curbs era probably the curse of Tevez, who knows
  • Arry had Joey Beauchamp and Marco Boogers, not injured or suspended but extreme homesickness and completely Radio Rental.
  • We have had our fair share of big signings (at the time) that have been either immediately or significantly injured or even suspended.....

It's been going on for a long time but it really kicked in for me around Curbs era probably the curse of Tevez, who knows

Always knew you'd come over to the #blameCurbs camp.
  • ;whome

Never......loved Curbs
  • First Ayew, and now Fernandes is injured and likely to be out of the Huddersfield game. Lanzini is doubtful and Carroll not match fit. Can't believe that WHU are trying to sign Bacary Sagna before game. The two Daves are trying to turn WHU into a retirement home for EPL players and we will have the slowest backline in EPL. Hope some young players are given the chance as they will have something to play for.
  • Any truth, or weight to these things?

So far I haven't seen a credible source for the following
    - Fernandes injured
    - Carroll not match fit
    -trying to sign Sagna

Can you help me out with a solid link for any of them? I'm saving my outrage until I know if it's worth it.....
  • That Sam Inkersole (guy who is often present at West Ham training) reported that Fernandes has suffered a suspected sprained ankle. That's all I've seen so far.
  • edited September 2017
    Cheerz Lukerz (I remember Inkersole as the one was at the training camp) ;ok

A google search suggest that the only source for the Sagna story is the super soaraway s*n, and they just state that West Ham is one of several clubs 'interested'. They give no source, no quote, no nothing to back it the assertion.
  • Carroll isn't match fit because, well, he hasn't played any matches. I would not be surprised to see him take some part on Monday.
  • edited September 2017
    Team sheet is going to be interesting for the Huddersfield game. Might be forced to go 3 at the back with wingbacks.
  • I can't remember when Carroll was last fit. ;hmm Anyone know when he last
    started in a match. ( Not a Sub )
  • edited September 2017
    15 April, Sunderland last season.

(Last season, 22 appearances in all competitions, 7 goals.)
  • Since joining the club over the last 5 seasons approx 190 games possible. Andy has appeared in 98 (24 as sub). So he has only started 74 games in 5 seasons in the Premier league .
    You could say he has gone missing for nearly 3 seasons.
    Quite extraordinary!!!!
  • I heard of the Four Seasons, and Big Girls Don't Cry.
This discussion has been closed.