Michail Antonio

Comments

• I still have a feeling he intentionally rubbish in that first leg. He was never that bad at RB last season.
  • he was in the FA Cup vs Man United
  • More to do with it being his 3rd run out of pre-season.
  • There is an article on the daily fail that Antonio wants to be the best winger in the league this year... Will be interesting to see where he starts tomorrow night.

I say throw Brian in at the deep end and make him our first team RB, Santon to cover LB whilst Egg is out and then be cover for both positions or switch to RB if Brain isn't cutting it.
  • edited August 2016
    Rumours on Twitter that Antonio told Slav after last Thursday's game that he has no interest in continuing to play as a LB.
  • Limited Blocker
  • Perhaps he was playing at lb last week - maybe that's why our right flank was left to for the opposition to pretty much do as it pleased?
  • Line backer?
  • Rumours on Twitter that Antonio told Slav after last Thursday's game that he has no interest in continuing to play as a LB.

You can join Rav on the bench.
  • ;yercoat
  • Getting to the stage now where we might have to sell him. It's destroying his career playing at RB and if Bilic still can't see it Antonio would be better off elsewhere. He looked devastated when subbed. Something has to give.
  • I agree, he should've taken off Valencia and put Antonio there while Byram goes to his natural RB position. I'm hoping Slaven sees the error of his seeming desperation of turning him into a RB, otherwise I think Antonio will end up requesting a transfer so he can go back to playing his natural winger position.
  • Antonio deserves to play as a winger. If this opportunity is not given to him at West Ham I hope he finds it elsewhere
  • Don't sign a midfielder. Put Antonio back up there sign a rb to compete with Byram.
  • We haven't managed to find a rb of our own for over two years. The manager doesn't want to play the "rb" we did sign in January at rb.

Apparently it is mission impossible for West Ham to actually find and sign a decent solid rb
  • The only thing I will say in SB's defence is maybe he explicitly told Antonio not to try to dribble it out of defence. He did and then conceded the penalty.

That said, I 100% agree that he shouldn't have put Antonio in that position in the first place. Byram has to be first choice RB now and Antonio should be given a chance on Thursday to show what he can do up front.
  • Have to agree. Get him playing RW or sell him. He would have been so much more effective instead of Tore yesterday and also wouldn't have cost us a penalty.
  • I agree, he should've taken off Valencia and put Antonio there while Byram goes to his natural RB position. I'm hoping Slaven sees the error of his seeming desperation of turning him into a RB, otherwise I think Antonio will end up requesting a transfer so he can go back to playing his natural winger position.
    ^^ THIS ^^

I like our new LB and thought Byram did well when he came on. There is a better right back right there who will improve with a few games and the defensive work of our left back was good.

Valencia IS pants and Antonio is everything Enner isn't and more. Get it sorted please Slav.
  • I see Betway have apologised for posting that Antonio was a nightmare waiting to happen ;angry
  • Yeah, but it was a good tweet. ;clap
  • Playing antonio game after game at r-b in the hope that it eventually comes good very much reminds me of Fergie playing Diego forlan game after game in the hope that he'd score. The good news was that forlan did eventually find his scoring boots - the bad news was that it was after he left Man U
  • edited August 2016
    Interesting article about Antonio by this bloke, thewesthamway.co.uk haven't copied it as I'm not sure how we stand on copywrite etc.
    Grey please feel free to delete this post if it contravenes anything. ;puzzled

http://www.thewesthamway.co.uk/2016/08/16/i-antonios-agent/
  • edited August 2016
    Giant, doesn't contravene anything by posting a link to the article. Just not copying and pasting the whole thing.

I'll find a link and add it in, (note: have just done that - let me know if it's the wrong one )but will also probably move all the non-match-specific posts re him to his own existing thread - as they are more general and not just about the Chelsea match ;ok
  • I see Betway have apologised for posting that Antonio was a nightmare waiting to happen ;angry

I think they were actually trying to sympathize with the fans, who appear pretty much to a man, woman and child agree that Antonio isn't a RB, however some have seen it as a pop at the player, which I don't think it was.
  • It was more of a pop at Bilic imo.
  • could be IH.

Either way it was wrong to put out there, but the trouble is everyone and his wife connected to the club thinks it's okay to do this kind of rubbish.

• can someone just put an arm around him and tell him we still love him ;hug