Kouyate signs new 5 year deal

This discussion was created from comments split from: Transfer Spec / Reviews.

Comments

• Kouyate signs a new 5 year contract, on OS now.
  • Brilliant news
  • Fantastic news, Great work by the cub to get so many important players down to new deals. ;ok
  • One by one they want to stay and commit

Brilliant brilliant news!
  • edited March 2016
    ;lol how short is David Gold?

I want to see Sullivan stand next to Kouyate now.
  • He's standing in a hole ;lol
  • ;lol the only rational explanation.

From his Twitter: "David Gold ‏@davidgold 2h2 hours ago
    Cheikhou Kouyate who has just signed a new five year contract stands head and shoulders above most other players! dg"
  • One of the media team messing about with that Lord of the Rings filming technology they had to make the hobbit look small ;lol
  • We have almost all our key players on long term deals now:

Adrian (2017)

Byram (2020)___ Tonka (2020)___Ginge (2018) ___ Reido (2021) ______ Ogbonnna (2019) ___ Cresswell (2020 +2)

Marky Mark (2021) ___ Kouyate (2021) ___ Obiang (2019)

Payet (2021) ___ Valencia (2019) ___ Antonio (2019 +2)

Sakho (2018) ___ Carroll (2019 +2) ___ Valencia (2019)

Would be nice to see Adrian and Sakho given new/extended deals.
  • Kouyate is 6ft 4 in.
  • And DG is 4ft 6 in.
  • What you can't tell from the picture is that DG is sitting on Sullivan's shoulders.
  • Brilliant news...
  • What a signing he's been

What a player

Another great move by the chairmen tieing our best players to long deals

We are not gonna be a selling club anymore, such an exciting time to be a west ham fan
  • What you can't tell from the picture is that DG is sitting on Sullivan's shoulders.

;lol
  • Fair play to the chairmen tbh. When they came in I thought they would be thrifty forever, but they aren't scared to spend when hey need to.
  • Alderz.......

I'll be honest I thought they'd be tighter on the old purse strings than they have been.....that being said when you're getting 99.7% of your seats sold (at our prices)....and all that lovely TV money plus sitting on 40,000+ ST money already for next season and that lovely corp box stuff as well......

Then I supppse you can have a little flutter every now and then ;wink

I think they're actually enjoying this football malarkey at the high stakes big boys end.

• We are not gonna be a selling club anymore,

Don't count your chickens - isn't Terence supposed to be involved in the club in some capacity? ;whistle
  • Honorary life president?

Just threw up a little bit there. ....sorry
  • Great interview with Kouyate, he really has a passion for our club and wants the best.
  • Very good news.

Basically everybody is now signed up. Would expect Adrian to be the next to sign a long-term deal. I would say Sakho too but have to be careful handing out deals to players that don't play much.

Apparently we've signed Lanzini too, on a deal until 2021 (just hasn't been officially announced yet).
  • Delighted with Kouyate signing the extension.

The Dave's have really backed us and deserve a lot of credit for the position we're in now. Exciting times ahead if we can finish the season strong, combined with the move to the OS it will give us even more pulling power for top players.

coyi
  • We have almost all our key players on long term deals now:

Adrian (2017)

Byram (2020)___ Tonka (2020)___Ginge (2018) ___ Reido (2021) ______ Ogbonnna (2019) ___ Cresswell (2020 +2)

Marky Mark (2021) ___ Kouyate (2021) ___ Obiang (2019)

Payet (2021) ___ Valencia (2019) ___ Antonio (2019 +2)

Sakho (2018) ___ Carroll (2019 +2) ___ Valencia (2019)

Would be nice to see Adrian and Sakho given new/extended deals.

Lanzini now added to this. Love it.

Sakho, Adrian extended and a couple of signings and we're looking in very, very good shape.
  • Didn't Sakho only sign an extended contract last season? No need to give him a new contract every 2 games or so. But I agree, it is really good we are putting all our talent on long term contracts.
  • Munich, if that's the case then you're right, it's too soon. If he has a good run til the end of the season and the start of next, I'd look at it around December-Feb. I don't like when it gets close to a year left.