Michail Antonio signs

Comments

• Don't make him angry
  • For a winger he seems to spend a lot of time in the box
  • really hope he doesn't turn out to be a Jarvis !

But he looks good, i don't think he will get as near as enough space as he did in the championship he had tons of space in those clips and got past players far far easier than he would the prem, but he has talent for certain not afraid to take a man on and has a bullet of a shot.
  • I saw Mad ;dog on SSN, he was managing Michail at previous club, only had positive things to say and reckons he could be a very exciting signing for us ;footie ;scarf
  • Antonio use to spend his younger years watching West Ham playing, must be a supporter too.
  • Moses Payet Antonio behind Sakho or Carroll... Purrrrrrr ;bubbles
  • MJ

Think he actually sad he went a couple of times.
  • Ive been hundreds of times Grey Im normally sad too ;whistle
  • Worked his way up from non league, trust me he will bust a gut when given his chance
  • That last comment from Pardew has proved to be 100% bang on..
    Apart from a error in the Norwich game which we can def forgive him for, he has really impressed me , versatile, strong and hungry for it..
    While all the limelight will be on Payet, which is fair enough..
    Antonio is proving a great signing so far for me ;ok
  • I think a number of players are flourishing in Payets shadow, which is no bad thing imo. Antonio as mentioned, Ogbonna & Obiang are now settled, good Prem performers and Noble is now playing the football of his life.
  • Antonio is filling the 'Georgie Parris' hole in my West Ham life.
  • Herbie ;ok I think Obiang is hugely underrated. Looked very composed again yesterday and I think with him, Noble and Kouyate we have excellent options in the middle.

Still unconvinced by Song, but if Slav wants him that's good enough for me, and if we do sign him on a perm in the summer then we're looking strong in the middle of the pitch.

Antonio for me is completely out-performing Moses, and although he'll be nowhere near HOTY, I do think he has been a stand-out performer this season and can become a genuinely important player for us.
  • Worked his way up from non league, trust me he will bust a gut when given his chance

If only this were true...........................

;whistle
  • ;hmm

;run

Checks wiki.

;run

;ok

(He signed for Reading, who were in the Championship, when he was 18)

• edited February 2016
    Tooting & Mitcham at the age of 17 ;hmm
  • To be fair, signing for Reading is probably worse than starting in non-leagues
  • OCS, I suppose it depends on one's interpretation of 'worked you way up from non-league.' ;ok

• Oh no, (crossed porpoises) I have no doubts he has worked his way up so to speak. It`s just that Pardew shows a huge leap of faith in the chaps willingness to bust a gut for the cause, cover every blade of grass, bleed claret and blue etc etc . Just thought it was very prophetic and worth pointing out..... ;ok
  • IronHerb said:

I think a number of players are flourishing in Payets shadow

Actually he was one who stood up to be counted in his own right whilst Dimi was injured
  • Antonio is filling the 'Georgie Parris' hole in my West Ham life.

Slightly harsh on Antonio who is a much better player IMO
  • baracks

Not intended in any way as a slur.

Georgie Parris is one my Hammer heroes, so it intended as a compliment.

He just reminds me of him in his whole-hearted commitment, and ability to play anywhere down the side.
  • I have been hugely impressed with Antonio and am so happy he got his chance as it looked at one point as though he may have made the wrong move and not get into the team. I could not believe his energy yesterday in that he played full back and winger at the same time almost. Although we all know Payet has his name engraved on Player of the year already I think for me I would have Antonio as runner up, and Collins or Noble in third place.
  • Given he hadn't played till November and there were loads of rumours of him leaving in January.....those injuries to payet, Lanzini and Moses may be seen as a blessing because we've uncovered a gem in Antonio

He's everything you want from a traditional winger. He's quick, powerful, confident, dangerous and has bundles and bundles of energy.

With Payet with the class, Lanzini with the quick feet and play making ability Antonio is the one with the power and speed that compliment the others

Fantastic signing and looking to be a bargain at £7 mil if he can keep his form up