It’s a Toffee! (West Ham vs Everton match thread) 10.01.20 KO 3pm.

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Don't understand why Fornals was replaced, should have been Lanzini.
    Also Zaba has been brilliant.
    Also Noble was poor - again
  • Who do we have on the bench to replace Lanzini? He’s just a bystander at the moment.
  • All of our last few managers (and current manager) seem to love Lanzini. I don't get it. He's had a few good games for us since he's been at the club and 9 times out of 10 he's been useless. Yet he still lives off his reputation based on those few good performances.

Even our typically weaker players have had a few good games (eg Zabaleta) but we base them on their current performances rather than what happened several years ago!
  • edited January 2020
    MIAHammer said:

Who do we have on the bench to replace Lanzini? He’s just a bystander at the moment.

Same with Haller. He's been poor but we only have Ajeti to replace him, who is evidently not good enough at this level.

This is what happens when you don't invest for a strong enough squad.
  • Ok, positive subs, Lanzini off and Ajeti on, let’s have a positive close with two up top COYI
  • Really poor second half.
  • a last minute goal for us for once ?
  • Another 2 hours of my life gone :weep:
  • Not a great result against a poor Everton side. We are in real trouble.
  • Good game. typical Moyes performance - solid with lots of chances created. commentator said there was a demonstration about something to do with money spent! Maybe a few of the snowflakes that don't understand how a business is run.
  • Should have made that sub at least 20 mins earlier, Lanzini offered nothing, frankly a poor second half.

Not a disastrous result but I feel it is a game we could have, and probably should have won.
  • Wasted opportunity, could be a costly 2 dropped points come the end of the season.
  • Maybe he don’t win games then
  • Not a great result given our games. Got to win your home games.
  • Still not sure what Lanzini does?
  • Think that’ll be last on MOTD. Thought Ogbonna was very good yet again.
  • Lukerz said:

Still not sure what Lanzini does?

Instagram. Lanzini does Instagram.
  • 2nd half.....Rubbish IMO...
  • Disappointed with a draw but don't think we deserved anything more. The side lacked creativity and pace.

I can't remember the last time that Lanzini had a good game. He shows no pace, can't beat a man and can't pace. He even messed up short passes. Not sure what has gone wrong.
  • Reinforcements required otherwise I fear relegation looms. Not sure Moyes has the tools to get us out of it to be honest.
  • I would sell Lanzini to fund a bit for a faster, younger winger. People mention Bowen and I’d be happy with that, tbh.
  • Very short in midfield. At least one striker light, struggling at full-back.

But none of this is anything new. That's the most frustrating thing. We've known about these deficiencies since the summer but have done nothing to address them.

13 days left to do so.
  • Just recall Diangana, not worth risking a fee of £ 1.5 mill quoted if he offers us an alternative..IMO of course.
  • If Diangana played today in place of Lanzini, we would definitely have won it.
  • Squad is paper thin atm

It wasnt all doom and gloom today, but we really cant do anything in terms of mixing it up

Had nothing on the bench

Lanzini struggles continues

Haller still isolated

Complete lack of pace in the team

Today wasnt awful.... but our fixture list isnt kind

I'm worried
  • ibl,

It will be a pretty good business if it ends up in the Championship?
  • Funny how the reports state a ‘depleted Everton side got a point at West Ham’.

Fabianski
    Fredericks
    Wilshere
    Antonio
    Anderson
  • 4 of them would be in our starting 11
  • edited January 2020
    In isolation, it's not a terrible result.

But in our situation, as Lukerz says, we really need to be winning our home games. Definitely two points dropped today.

We now need to beat Southampton, Villa, Norwich, Burnley and Brighton to keep us up, IMO.
  • Not a good enough result imo
This discussion has been closed.