A Mood lightener...Where were you born ?

Comments

• Born in a taxi on the way to Mile End Hospital 13th August 1967,dad was in the pub rather worse for wear as usual according to mum.Now live in South Oxhey,Herts a couple of miles from Watford football club
  • Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

Hamstew said:

Crawley
    Crawley
    Crawley
    Boring ain't I.

I said ain't I
    Not at all Ham. I mean, why would you want to leave? Gatwick Airport. You've got a Toby Carvery. The A23.

Nowhere else can claim this.
    You forgot county mall, leisure park and the laser quest.
    Crawley? More like All-ley, right?

Am I right?

:yercoat:
  • edited December 2019
    yoyo, I lived for a few years on Hurst Farm Road in East Grinstead. :wave:
  • OldCastleswift I was born in St Mary's in 1952......just after the war. That makes me feel very old
  • Horsham
    Crawley
    Horsham
    Cornwall
    Orkney
    Glasgow
    Edinburgh
  • Mornington Crescent.

:wahoo:
  • Fortunseeker, I know it well. 10-15 mins walk away!
  • IronHerb said:

Now in Hutton, Essex, about 10 miles away.

So are you Hutton Hammer?

I’m really confused :hmm:
    That'll be a no. :lol:
  • Wish i was born in spain then i could have been a Barcelona or real madrid fan .instead well you know the rest :weep:
  • steve, you would probably been an Espanyol fan if you were born in Barcelona... :lol:
  • Born Exeter.

Now in Cornwall living the dream.
  • Woolwich, London
  • edited December 2019
    Born in paddington and lived just off the edgeware road until i was five.
    Moved down to basildon where i still live in langdon hills.
    My dad was a chelsea supporter but i didn't want any of that.No siree i wanted to be a hammer.
  • Born on Saturday afternoon (3.00 pm), 25th November 1944, in High Street North, East Ham (above a fish shop .... sheer class), just two streets away from The Boleyn Ground (High Street North - Barking Road - Green Street). Although this fact remained a mystery on the day of my birth, as my mother wanted to spare me nighmares, disappointments, discouragements and failures until I was old enough to cope with being a Hammers fan. My mother was a very kind and loving lady and told me that Man Utd played at the Boleyn ground until I was old enough to handle the truth.
  • Oh, I now live in Trondheim, Norway.
  • Trondheim
    why? :hmm: :biggrin:
  • Bubbles .... being a Hammers fan is such a miserable, depressing experience that I decided to move to a country where the winter lasts for seven months, the sun disappears for months on end and dinner consists of white fish balls in a white sauce and where every other meal is bread and cheese, and where the favourite comedy programme is "Keeping Up Appearances" with Hyacinth. Now my misery is wonderfully complete and consistent and I am never let down because there is nothing to look forward to.
  • edited December 2019
    Born: Queen Charlotte's Hospital, Hammersmith, grew up in Hounslow, now live on Spetses, a small island in the Argo-Saronic, Greece.

EDIT; That's grey again, didn't check he was logged in as himself before posting :biggrin:
  • Mrs Grey. Ah, life on a Greek island. I think I need to learn from your life choices :biggrin:
  • Born in Ormskirk, Lancashire but grew up in Gidea Park, Romford, Essex having moved down south when aged only three.

Now in Chicago, (work downtown but live in GIlberts, Illinois), been here for sixteen years

• edited December 2019
    Born Oldchurch Hospital, Romford. same as Suze

Grew up in Dagenham, down by the Chequers end of the Heathway (apart from years 3-7 when we moved to Andover, Hants). Old Mother shrugged still lives in the house I grew up in.

Now in Leyton, moved here about 30 years ago.
  • Born Oldchurch Hospital, Romford. same as Suze

Grew up in Dagenham, down by the Chequers end of the Heathway (apart from years 3-7 when we moved to Andover, Hants). Old Mother shrugged still lives in the house I grew up in.

Now in Leyton, moved here about 30 years ago.

Do you remember the old Londis supermarket right at the end of Heathway (chequers)? Owned by my uncle probably at the time you were living there
  • I remember a supermarket on the corner of Heathway and Goresbrook Road, I think it was a Londis.
  • Yep that’s the one. I even worked in it in a couple of my summer holidays mid/late 80s
  • edited December 2019
    ‘‘Twas the year of 86 in Barking I entered this world, grew up in Gidea Park, moved to Clacton now near Colchester.

Grew up in the city, moved to Brightlingsea, just outside Colchester, in 2001 for a couple of years before moving.

Just in case you’re worried you’ve missed anything exciting or interesting happening In Brightlingsea since 2003, rest assured. You haven’t.
  • Born on the East coast of India in a town called Navsari. Moved to UK in 1962. Dad found work at Nestle so we lived in Hayes. Then my dad's mate got him a job at watneys breweries in Isleworth, about 1970 So we moved to Hounslow. Been in this area ever since.
  • edited December 2019
    Well Grey and Heathrow... My parents moved us to Hanworth when I was 5 so we must've been in close proximity!

I lived in Hanworth and Feltham until my late 20s when I shifted to Muswell Hill.

I've lived in the San Francisco East Bay Area for about 11 years now (Walnut Creek for most of it).

I try not to incorporate 'like', 'hella', 'dude' and 'way' into my speech but I hear those words a lot in Cali!

If i move back to UK I will obviously look to somewhere in the Liverpool area ;) :run:
  • Bazshuayi said:

Well Grey and Heathrow... My parents moved us to Hanworth when I was 5 so we must've been in close proximity!

I lived in Hanworth and Feltham until my late 20s when I shifted to Muswell Hill.

I've lived in the San Francisco East Bay Area for about 11 years now (Walnut Creek for most of it).

I try not to incorporate 'like', 'hella', 'dude' and 'way' into my speech but I hear those words a lot in Cali!

If i move back to UK I will obviously look to somewhere in the Liverpool area ;) :run:

Just Google mapped it. Looks like a nice part of the world :ok:
  • What, Liverpool? :biggrin: