Away to Burnley - Saturday 9th November 3pm

Comments

• I like to a different goal keeper
    Martin in
    Roberto out
  • edited November 2019
    I get people are frustrated/disappointed, and I'm not going to try and argue anyone out of it, but I don't share the despondency. Think we have a good squad and management team, we're just having one of those runs.

As always, looking forward to watching the lads tomorrow.

:coyi: :scarf:
  • I feel like I’ve stopped looking forward to watching us play. Such a shame.

I'm going to guess that this has happened a few times to the veteran supporters here. It seems part of the West Ham way (hard to put your finger on all of the ingredients that make it so).

I won't list all of the things that I think contribute to the current feeling but I do know it will be temporary thing :thumbsup: When West Hams in your blood, it has an annoying way of sneaking back into your affections (despite sometimes not deserving the hold it has on you).

Also, the good news is that theres a proper game on Sunday this week :scarfeng:
  • edited November 2019
    you mean wolves v villa Baz :thumbsup:
  • edited November 2019

I get people are frustrated/disappointed, and I'm not going to try and argue anyone out of it, but I don't share the despondency. Think we have a good squad and management team, we're just having one of those runs.

As always, looking forward to watching the lads tomorrow.

:coyi: :scarf:

Fair play to you Grey, but let's say our poor run continues to End of December, will you still think our Manager/Assistants are the right people to stick with?

& yeh of course, I hope it doesn't & we are back to winning ways very soon...
  • We will smash them.
    Put your pension on it.

#no refunds
  • jay

In principle, yes.

I see no upside to chopping and changing managers.
  • Got a feeling we may produce something a bit special today.
  • edited November 2019
    I don't. Burnley will easily out muscle and out battle us. We are more likely to get something from the Spurs game imo.
  • Grey, regarding chopping and changing managers, do you mean only us or in general, as there are a couple of current examples that seem to be paying off - St. Brendan to Leicester, Lampard to Chelsea.
    I know it's early days with them but they are at least playing some positive football.
  • edited November 2019
    I think Pelle is likely to chop and change the back four again after the horror show against Newcastle.

I think we’ll see:

Roberto
    Fredericks - Balbuena - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Noble - Rice
    Snodgrass - Lanzini - Anderson
    Haller
  • Bubbles

Us, and in general.

I don't think it would be hard to find many more negative examples of the impact of changing managers regularly.

This Sky article has an interesting take:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11128604/does-sacking-a-premier-league-manager-improve-results

which comes to a similar conclusion as this one:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sacking-managers-pointless-stats-slaven-bilic-west-ham-premier-league-a8044586.html

• edited November 2019
    I think Pelle needs to let the shackles off. I think this season we have been more boring than last season in our play. Anderson playing LWB in some games, Lanzini dropping into central midfield, Yarmo getting back & ultimately playing people onside with his enthusiasm to defend. All results in lots of possession, no cutting edge & Haller isolated.

Let’s do what, ultimately, we are geared up to do & Pelle wants us to do. Go for it.
  • Bubbles

Us, and in general.

I don't think it would be hard to find many more negative examples of the impact of changing managers regularly.

This Sky article has an interesting take:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/11128604/does-sacking-a-premier-league-manager-improve-results

which comes to a similar conclusion as this one:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/sacking-managers-pointless-stats-slaven-bilic-west-ham-premier-league-a8044586.html

:stats:
  • One thing for sure. If you try and hide in this type of game. You will get found out. Burnley will be up for it.
    We need to put in a shift both halfs. I'm hoping for a hard fought point.
    COYI
  • Just be good to see us at it from the kick off.So many slow starts recently have really cost us.
  • Lukerz said:

Got a feeling we may produce something a bit special today.

Wind. 😆
  • Fredericks is on for zab and Fornals for Yarmolenko.
  • Hoping Fornals will come good today
  • Hoping anyone will come good today1
  • :puzzled: think we need more then one to come good
  • Snodgrass right and Fornals centre behind Haller

Need a big effort today, not confident at all that we will get one
  • And still Masuaku doesn't make the bench.

Nice big five year contract and not even in the match day squad.
  • And still Masuaku doesn't make the bench.

Nice big five year contract and not even in the match day squad.

Can’t quite get my head around this :hmm:
  • Even with Fredericks back we're lacking pace and direct running.

Masuaku and Holland should be on the bench, IMO, ahead of Zaba and Sanchez.
  • edited November 2019
    Last season we put in a horrible performance in this fixture, played off the pitch with no effort at all, hoping for more today, we need it after our recent Hammer horrow shows, it's over to you Pelle & team... COYI
  • :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled: Fornals starts dont get that :puzzled:
  • edited November 2019
    Radio said Fornals in for Snodders!

They are wrong
  • Just to make everyone feel better: Lucas Perez has got 7 goals and 2 assists in his last 7 games for Alaves. He’s scored in one in each of those games.
  • steve

How are foreign players to get used to the league if they don't play?

Fornals is a good player, and I think we will see that if we are patient.
This discussion has been closed.