Home to the blunts, Saturday 29th October, 15:00

Comments

• jay

Sheffield aren't mugs in the PL - they are hard to score against, and for much of the first half they were packing their defence. We've pressed and harried, and had a bunch of corners. Ironically, it was their decision to press forwards that cost them the goal, which was straight out of the Man City playbook.

(This Super Sport 'Goal Rush' feature - not sure they've got the right title, since they keep cutting away to near misses...)

:coyi: :scarf:
  • edited October 2019
    Nice quick goalkick from Roberto and a great first time ball from Yarmolenko into Snoddy. I liked how he was determined to go for goal in that situation rather than feeding it to Haller.

We've had a lot of possession in their terriority but just need more movement and a better final ball. But our goal shows when we move it at pace, we can catch them out of position and punish them. Our players seem to have a better attitude than the Everton game... ie we're not 'dilly dallying' with the ball.

Yarmo must be staking a claim for more first team football too.
  • That's the one Mrs Grey!, I get this every week with good old Don Hutchison doing co comm with Joe Speight... I watch it unless the Hammers are on live on another channel ( not the main 3pm game )... Hoping for an early 2nd goal to keep us calm...It has not been a convincing 1st half...but happy to be in the lead..
  • What was it, about 8 corners and we did not get on the end of one of them.

I'll take the half time score though
  • Grey :ok:

I have to say, the way Sheffield Utd defend as a team is IMO the best we’ve played against this season, bearing in mind the limitations of their players.
  • I see Snoddy has already covered 5.9 km just in the first half. :bowdown:
  • We’ve started this half asleep again.
  • Goal Rush showing the lino checking the nets at the Brighton game...
  • Very nervy start in this 2nd half by us. With our defensive record we cant afford to sit back and invite them to come at us.
  • Stop dissing the goal rush Grey ;)
  • Loving how Yarmo is playing closer to Haller
  • We should be 2 or 3 ahead.Twice we have been in on goal but Anderson has underhit the final pass.
    We need a 2nd as our defense is looking very frail.
  • Blunts have made positive changes so I think they believe we are there for the taking.
  • edited October 2019
    I really hope Lanzini gets stuck in and doesn't lose the ball in dangerous areas. Anderson's had a pretty good game (despite those 2 underhit key passes).
  • edited October 2019
    There we go. Dreadful defending.
  • My expletives are abundant :angry:
  • Crystal Palace all over again
  • Haha. What a poor goal. And so predictable.
  • We have been 2nd best .....again...
  • I don’t know what they discuss at half time but we never come out and play.
  • Fabs would have saved that!
  • Hamstew given that Roberto concedes a minimum of 2 then there’s every chance Blunts will get another.
  • MIAHammer said:

Fabs would have saved that!

I would’ve saved that.
  • edited October 2019
    I'd like to see Fredericks for Zabaleta, and Fornals for Noble.

Rice looks like every bit of energy from him is zapped from him.
  • I am saying this & hope it backfires on me, but for a few games I have not been impressed with Haller, comes across as a sulk....
  • Can’t blame him as he’s realising he’s made the biggest mistake of his career.
  • I am saying this & hope it backfires on me, but for a few games I have not been impressed with Haller, comes across as a sulk....

He comes across as extremely isolated to me
  • Our forward play is generally so slow and ponderous it’s easy for their defence to get behind the ball. Our only goal came from a fast break. There has been way too little of that from us.
  • Getting more nervous as we’ve conceded in stoppage time in our last two games.
  • We're pretty average, aren't we. Shouldn't be with the talent in the side, but we are.
This discussion has been closed.