Everton v West Ham, 12:30pm Saturday 19th October 2019

Comments

• Dodger58 said:

Also believe Diop has generally had a good half - the only one though!

I thought Diop has been poor.
  • edited October 2019
    Yarmo be there :pray:
  • We're just so passive. It's infuriating. Where's the hunger and the drive to win?

It's like we think we can just wander around and our pretty passing (which today has also been missing) will get us through.

So deflating.
  • On the negative side we look poor, we cant cope with their intensity, Haller looks like he is going to be too isolated once again and a keeper shouldn't really ever be beat inside the post in that position.

On the plus side there is no possibility that Everton can keep up that pace and intensity so our only hope may be the final 20 minutes if we can begin to find openings as they become tired. Although they are not they are playing this match as though they were lower league cup competition in regard opening intensity.
  • So bad ,why do i keep watching this lot .In fact have we really played that well in any games so far .i could take the dog for a walk in the second half .Or i could go back to the game ,Game it is then :weep: :weep: :weep:
  • Tim Sherwood is laying into us.

I want to get cross abs disagree but I can’t :weep:
  • Can't wait for Antonio to be fit again
  • Relieved to be just one down at the break. Everton's press is higher and better. We've been trying to play football, but while there have been good passages, it keeps coming to nothing.

Because we are struggling to get out with decent possession, we're not offering Haller anything to work with.

Faint signs at the end of the half that we could cause them problems, but we need to get hold of midfield.

Not seeing it as quite the disaster some seem to, but certainly plenty of room for improvement.
  • edited October 2019

It's like we think we can just wander around and our pretty passing (which today has also been missing) will get us through.

Exactly this.

Had that attitude against Palace and we lost. If we make the same mistake again today then not one of those players or the management team, whose job it is to get the players mentality right, can have any reason to complain.
  • Hamstew said:

Can't wait for Antonio to be fit again

We can’t just rely on him though.
  • edited October 2019
    Seems like Anderson is the one coming off for Yarmelenko??
  • It is the same every season. Whenever you feel West Ham turn a corner . They then have a number of games where they look as if they cannot be bothered. Doesn’t matter who manages the team.
    I don’t understand why the passion and desire to improve just seems to be missing . Especially against teams that we should beat and are struggling.
    Haller is a good forward but we don’t use him or supply him properly .
    If Pellegrini wants to make a difference he needs to instill a much better mentality in the team starting with the second half of this game.
  • Hamstew said:

Can't wait for Antonio to be fit again

I suspect Pellegrini feels the same.

Which means we'll probably rush him back again and we all know how that ends.
  • Dont think there was 1 decent cross into Haller, that half has been as poor as it has been for many seasons IMO.
  • Fornals has covered the greatest distance in the first half, at least he is running around.
  • OCS

To be fair to Pelle, he has mostly managed our injured players very carefully, and has often spoken against the idea of rushing them back.
  • Someone asked about pass accuracy.

1st half stats.

• Anderson the one sacrificed for Yarmo?

Fornals and Lanzini were anonymous.

Strange one that :hmm:
  • Fornals not seen much of the ball.
  • He needs to learn how to stay onside, too
  • And shoot :doh:
  • This looks better.

• edited October 2019
    Final third play once again lacking.

Poor decisions. Poor execution.
  • To compound the shocking passing, apparently staying onside has also become very complicated for a lot of our players.
  • edited October 2019
    It's all just so bad
  • 7 fouls by Gomes. Still no yellow card.
  • All of our passes seem to be a yard short.
  • We are so so slow and cumbersome.
  • How much time do we want on the ball? When will we learn? They’ve been stealing the ball off us for 45 minutes and still we just walk around
  • Fornals finally subbed.

Wilshere on.
This discussion has been closed.