Other games weekend of 23/24/25 August

Comments

• My son who is joint manager of Grantham town in the northern premier league were in the fa cup preliminary round yesterday where they won 3-1 against Barton old boys earning 3k in the process, going tomorrow against basford united and expecting a crowd of about 800
  • edited August 2019
    Come on you Gee's :wahoo:

• Started well in the league with home win and away draw signed some decent ex pros Craig westcarr probably the most high profile he’s got 3 in 3 tho
  • Bournemouth v Citeh game is good.

Walker should have had two yellow cards.
    Citeh are lucky Bournemouth have been profligate in front of goal.

• 0-2

Sterling scores. He really is very good.
  • Daniels has been taken to hospital with a suspected dislocated kneecap.
  • Mariner has no control over this game.

Usual big club getting away with it stuff.
  • Ex Millwall and I dont care for his band either :whistle:
  • Daniels has been taken to hospital with a suspected dislocated kneecap.

You feel that, I reckon
  • Tis but a scratch.
  • edited August 2019
    True story - in a recent rugby league match, a player dislocated his kneecap and was caught on film on the pitch whacking it back in himself and playing the rest of the match. :nonono:

There are clips on the internet.
  • :nonono:

Please don't...
  • No, I thought better of it.
  • Oh no, my spuds midfielder won't get a clean sheet bonus in the FF :lol:
  • How's that not a pen? The trouble with VAR, and I am in favour of it, is that we still have the same poor officials making the VAR decisions so we are still getting a lot of poor calls.
    On the bright side, it's only Spurs. :biggrin:
  • Exactly what we were just saying.
  • Herb/Suze

I know what you mean, but I suspect that a lot has to do with what the ref says he has seen. They are certainly making sure that 'clear and obvious' really is, at least when it comes to penalties.
  • I'm ok with them not overruling the onfield ref if it's not clear and obvious but I'd like to see them making more use of the 'just have another look in case you missed something' option
  • edited August 2019
    Also the ref is talking to the Var guys so I suppose it depends on what he ssys. If he says I didn't give it because there was no contact, and the Var can see contact them they will overrule? But if it's s case of ' not enough' it's left to his judgement.
  • It looked like a stone wall at first to me but then the replay does show Kane going to fall over the defender rather than following the ball. 50/50 maybe for me
  • Anyway they lost so gutted spurs :lol:
  • Just seen Andone's Worldwide Wrestling move on Valery. Ouch
  • ASLEF

:ok:

It really was a horror show of a challenge.
  • It really was a 'why dont you come on over Valery' :whistle:

• At Old Trafford,the inaugural pageant is a tie!

• I thought Snodgrass had retired from intl duty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49481190
  • I wonder if he did retire to concentrate on his club football, but now realises that he's probably not going to get a lot of club football so wants back in :hmm:
This discussion has been closed.