Premier League Fixtures 2019/20 season

13»

Comments

• Why does the bbc headline have a picture of Liverpool holding the champions league trophy !
  • Thought the same thing, Baracks :ok:

Anyway, no fear.

I am on for the quadruple of match threads!!!
  • Why does the BBC headline tell us who Liverpool have got first

But ir doesn't does it. It merely says
    Season starts with Liverpool hosting Norwich
    . As that match is on the Friday the headline is accurate and non-biased.
  • It seems some people see pro-Liverpool bias even when its not there... :whistle:
  • Back to the original OP then this is the 6 year history now, quite incredible really that there hasn’t been any other teams, midtable, second season or promoted

2019: Man City (H)
    2018: Liverpool (A)
    2017: Man Utd (A)
    2016: Chelsea (A)
    2015: Arsenal (A)
    2014: Spurs (H)

Well at least the top six puzzle is completed and we can move on :lol:

Personally having MCFC first is okay by me, they won’t be in full flow, we just need to be at the races pre-season, imagine if we sneak a result or even a win!! That first batch of fixtures will look really good!

:coyi:
  • To put off the dull task of pricing up my new kitchen cupboards and worktops, I thought I'd look at the 6 PL seasons before that.

2013 Cardiff (were newly promoted)
    2012 Villa (had finished 15th previous season)
    2010 Villa (had finished 6th previous season)
    2009 Wolves (were newly promoted)
    2008 Wigan (finished 14th season before)
    2007 Man City (the old Man City! Had finished 14th season before)

• MrsGrey said:

To put off the dull task of pricing up my new kitchen cupboards and worktops, I thought I'd look at the 6 PL seasons before that.

2013 Cardiff (were newly promoted)
    2012 Villa (had finished 15th previous season)
    2010 Villa (had finished 6th previous season)
    2009 Wolves (were newly promoted)
    2008 Wigan (finished 14th season before)
    2007 Man City (the old Man City! Had finished 14th season before)

So what you're saying is next season we get a pants team :wahoo:
  • Spurs :wahoo:
  • The Boxing day game can't be a surprise, Shirley? It was never going to be a home fixture.

Its numbers thing.

Far too many people to control from a full football stadium and a full shopping center.

We will never have a home boxing day fixture again.

Not what Karren told us though was it?
  • But Karen doesn't have an input other than to say we want or don't want a home fixture or say nothing at all and let it ride.
    I think you will find it is the Police who hold sway.
  • IronHerb said:

But Karen doesn't have an input other than to say we want or don't want a home fixture or say nothing at all and let it ride.
    I think you will find it is the Police who hold sway.

That's as maybe, but surely a conversation that should have been had by the club before we agreed to move, so that a full and fair picture could be presented to the fans before the extremely "led" ballot on the move?
  • Suggestion here that we are away this season because of major engineering works:

https://www.football.london/west-ham-united-fc/fixtures-results/west-ham-boxing-day-fixture-16422324
  • Greater Anglia generally close the line into Liverpool St between xmas and new year aswell I can't remember the last time they did n't I usually have to come in work on the C2C line
  • edited June 2019

Greater Anglia generally close the line into Liverpool St between xmas and new year aswell I can't remember the last time they did n't I usually have to come in work on the C2C line

The Liverpool Street to Shenfield line has undergone major works over the last few years in advance of Crossrail opening but I would imagine most of the work must be done by now as it was supposed to open last December.

According to that article the engineering work Christmas 2019 will be on the high speed line from Ebbsfleet into Stratford International and St Pancras which allegedly "is used by a large number of supporters for home games." I can't verify that as the National Rail website only lists engineering work for the next 14 weeks.
  • Stratford to Liverpool Street main line closed this weekend for engineering works. :biggrin:
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49124621

Out 21 Dec game v Liverpool has been postponed because they are involved in something called the Club World Cup.
  • October changes:

The Hammers' home meeting with Crystal Palace will remain on Saturday 5 October, but will now kick-off at 5.30pm live on Sky Sports.

Meanwhile, the trip to Everton now has a 12.30pm kick-off on Saturday 19 October, and will be shown live on BT Sport.

https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2019/august/01-august/west-ham-uniteds-october-fixture-changes-confirmed?fbclid=IwAR1ADkeSolPkjM3rjN7EOcQ38k53Dw9hMCaCaM2s7_jOchfCXWLBXA5vk6w
  • edited October 2019
    Recipe for marital stress! :weep:

Didn't know that some of the other packages had additional full coverage of mid week games apart from the 2 that Amazon had successfully bid for.
  • Recipe for marital stress! :weep:

Not in this house :biggrin:
  • edited October 2019
    That's right. Grey will do as MrsG says and that's an end of it. :run:
  • Blades away on a Friday night isn't so clever.
  • IronHerb said:

Blades away on a Friday night isn't so clever.

Bloodbath
  • Loss of bloodbath
  • MrsGrey said:

Recipe for marital stress! :weep:

Not in this house :biggrin:
    Nor in this house :biggrin:
  • Nor here ....................... if Mrs E is out

:sofa: