Hammers ⚒ v Southampton 4/5/19 - Match Thread

Comments

• The Lanzini of old would have scored there.
  • Lovely little touch from Wilshere for Frederick's goal.
  • Sanchez on for Noble, who's had another cracking game.
  • Listening to BBC Radio London, Paul Parker talking nonsense.
  • ASLEF

Oh, I am surprised.

Oh, no, I'm not...
  • Perez on for Lanzini
  • Noble :bowdown:
  • Thought that was an Arnie hattrick.
  • edited May 2019
    3-0 FT

2 clean sheets on the trot.
  • That was jolly good.

:scarf: :coyi:
  • Was rather fun : :wahoo:
  • Diop + Balbuena is so much better than anyone with Ogbonna. Not sure why Ogbonna got such a long run in the side :hmm:

• When Balbuena was out injured for 4 months, do you mean?
  • Was thinking it, you said it....
  • Possibly Noble's best performance this season. Fredericks was outstanding once again as well
  • welove

I'd have said the Spurs game, but he really was good again today.

• Impressive :clap:
  • :nonono:
  • I dropped off at the start of the 2nd half :lol: did I miss much? :doh:
  • edited May 2019
    I do love balance, as in yin and yang:
    West Ham last 2 EPL games won with clean sheets
    Spuds last 2 EPL games lost without scoring

And for an extra bonus, Spuds lose and fail to score in CL :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • MrsGrey said:

When Balbuena was out injured for 4 months, do you mean?

Balbuena was on the bench for 5/6 games after his injury.
  • Good performance nice way to finish the season at home . The stadium was freezing today on the concourse , it was like mid winter rather than may with a cold wind blowing . Please Arnie got a couple now we just need to beat Watford on the last day of the season and I think we have made decent progress this year :wahoo:
  • Yep. Good stuff. If we avoid defeat at Watford I call that a solid season. Would be nice to end with 50 points. We haven’t done that much over the last 15 years.

Still a chance of finishing 9th should we win & Leicester fail to take another point from City & Chelsea. Fingers crossed. Watford hopefully looking at the cup final.

Good performance from the side. Professional & clinical.
  • Still a chance of finishing below Palace which cannot happen
  • It's been a frustrating season more than anything. We've shown we're capable of mixing it with the big boys but just cannot find that level of performance consistently.

Pellegrini needs to find a way of getting his players to be more consistent. We have a few, Masuaku as the prime example, that seem to flip-flop between brilliant and useless.

But arguably the biggest challenge is somehow limiting the number of injuries we suffer to something less than ridiculous. Wilshere could be the missing ingredient that our midfield has lacked for years, but he's played so few minutes we just don't know.

Yarmo was showing good form before he got crocked, Lanzini would have been a key player under Pellegrini has his knee not gone all wobbly and we lost a key component to our defence for a third of the season when Balbuena got hurt. Solve this perennial problem (good luck with that) and we could see a big improvement next season.
  • And, crucially, I keep opening match threads :wink: :biggrin:
  • You gotta get past Watford first Lukerz. ;)
  • Mere details :wink:
This discussion has been closed.