West Ham vs Everton, Sat 30th March, 17:30

Comments

• I can see us easily lose our final six games with absolute drubbings in some of them. This squad has the worst attitude to games than I’ve seen in a long time.
  • edited March 2019
    No Noble. Just saying...

Pengeman said:

can't recall Lanzini playing a decent game since his return.

Wasn't he named MotM against Newcastle?
  • Just watched it but still can’t quite believe what I’ve seen.A game between a professional football team and West Ham.
    Oh well it’s The Ashes soon.
  • I blame our manager as much as that team, he was the person who started the like of Perez, etc etc....But that game, one to forget ASAP.
  • Poorest performance I have seen for a very long time. Summed up by a neutral Spanish supporter in front of me who said the only person playing football for West Ham was number 41.
  • @ASLEFshrugged - Pengeman said: "can't recall Lanzini playing a decent game since his return". "Wasn't he named MotM against Newcastle?".

More sentiment than substance in my opinion. He now takes too many touches, is slower, does not want to go past his marker - may be afraid of getting injured.
  • I blame our manager as much as that team, he was the person who started the like of Perez, etc etc....But that game, one to forget ASAP.

Jay - yeah, Perez starting ahead of Hernandez and Antonio (and my nan, for that matter) was mind boggling.
  • No Noble. Just saying...

Pengeman said:

can't recall Lanzini playing a decent game since his return.

Wasn't he named MotM against Newcastle?
    I agree
  • Lukerz said:

Terrible how we still rely on Mark Noble for us to have any chance of gaining anything from a game.

Well he did dig us out of a hole against Cardiff and Huddersfield
  • Down to the bottom half of the table. Soon to be overtaken by the likes of Palace. We have progressed zip.
  • Said from the beginning the starting line up was strange, but still believe we have progressed and pelle still the man, needs to get rid of some deadwood and concentrate on quality but I’m sure he’s got plans for the summers window and for me at the moment end of the day we ain’t fighting relegation
  • I felt really sorry for Declan running around trying to cover for the many who just didn't turn up tonight. Why give us great days like beating Man U & Arsenal and then play in such an abysmal way? It's about time we constructed a squad capable of challenging properly for honours instead of having the nightmare scenario of "It's just the West Ham way" most seasons.
  • Delighted with that result
  • :nonono: well that wasn’t terribly good was it.
    Finding it difficult to take a positive from that, but here goes.
    The pitch looked in fabulous condition.
    This Rioja is rather excellent.
    No relegation battle this year.
    I believe we have another game next week. :ok:

• Weather was also pleasant!
  • edited March 2019
    The worse performance I've seen all season. Just goes to show, No Noble No Win.

And Pelle wants us to have a top team mentality!!??? Hows that coming along?

I would quite like to know what Pelle really thinks after a performance like that. He can do no other than say it was a bad performance but what is going wrong?

The defence was useless again, the midfield non-existent (see comments concerning Noble) and as for the attack... was there one? I'm glad I have to suffer this only twice more and with a bit of a gap before the next outing. Declan did stand out amongst that dross though.

The worse thing...I only went and renewed my season ticket :weep:
  • I find it worrying that after 32 league games and a few cup ties Pelle can’t seem to motivate them to start strong and keep going for 90 minutes.
    My hope is that in the last couple of games they’ve deliberately not tried to win to avoid Europe because if tonight was an example of effort and determination then we are doomed.
    As the BBC summed it up we were woeful and are sleepwalking to the end of the season.
  • No smoking gun here, that performance was really poor in every respect bar one, Rice, my stream commentator quoted someone saying he could be sold in the summer as WHU will not be able turn down a really lucrative offer.

:weep:
  • edited March 2019

Irons
  • thorn

We got 11points from the last 8 games, which is what you said would do.

Just saying.
  • Think how many we might have got if we’d put some effort into it :biggrin:
  • Had a good drink with my uncle unfortunately the football was pretty pants it’s was pretty much all over after 5 mins and we never really look like getting back into it
  • Cresswell is the latest to say we are aiming for 7th. If they’d actually put in half decent performances each time after one of them said it we’d probsbly actually be 7th now.
  • edited March 2019
    We can’t defend corners so why don’t they do something about that fact in training? We have lost too many points to inferior teams this year to be “the best of the rest”. Need another major overhaul otherwise we will lose the few real quality players we have. We were linked with Gomes & Bernard in the summer, look what we could have had!
  • Arnie need to get some suet off for his beach body, he has the beach bit sorted as do half the players. Not going down so that's something, at least being decidedly average to poor wont relegate us
  • Arnie need to get some suet off for his beach body, he has the beach bit sorted as do half the players. Not going down so that's something, at least being decidedly average to poor wont relegate us

This year,
  • Honestly I worry for this club

3 different managers

Countless different players

Yet we have a mentality whereby we just give up and don't even try
  • My Toffee golfing buddy had a very good day and I tried really hard to be happy for him but just completely gutted - so disappointing
  • I just don't know where to start with this game.
    The slowness of the defence(ogbonna,zabaleta) with everton cutting us to pieces with every attack.
    The infectiveness of the attack to produce one shot on target.Arnie didn't have a good game but he was very heavily marked and didn't imo deserve to be booed.
    We were awful against huddersfield but got away with it.This time against a lot better team we didn't.
    It's the apathy from the players which gets me and we have seen this quite a few times this season.Football isn't just about skill it's also the mentality of going out there with a winning attitude.
  • edited March 2019
    Fox Sports apparently showed Arnie being rude to fans as he sat back on the bench after being booed.
    Not likely to put himself out for us is he
This discussion has been closed.