Transfer rumours and speculation to take us through to summer.

Comments

• edited March 2019
    Possibly Grey. But then again they could have got it from the show.

There seems to be an effort on here sometimes to discredit ITKs. I know the majority are as ITK as I am, but Ex does genuinely appear to have contacts within and around the club.

Genuine question; have you ever listened to one of his podcasts? Or follow him on Twitter?
  • Doesn't matter if they are itk or not but you can discuss what they say. And 25m isn't going to get us anything.
  • OCS

No.

I don't seek to discredit ITKs per se, I simply look at what they say, and judge on that.

Looking back, C&H said it was what Pelle had been reported as saying in Chile, and his article was 3 weeks after the Standard's.

What I find dispiriting, especially re: transfers, is when people take what an ITK/Twitter type or gossip rumour has said as gospel, and berate the club as a result, when time out of number it then turns out the original comment.

Yeold

£25m gets you 7 Balbuena's
  • There's only 1 Balbuena though
  • Pelle would've had a decent amount of time to see who he wants to keep, who's wages to get rid of plus identified TF targets. I'm not sweating it, I have plenty of confidence in him and faith in the board to back him as much as is possible for them to do
  • edited March 2019
    Even if that rumour was true, I think it’s a pointless one as we all know Arnie is going to be off for £30m odd.

That would already put the budget at the best part of £60m & we already have a decent squad & management.

Pelle isn’t selecting Hernandez for nothing. He knows he is gonna need him to be persuaded to stay as come the summer he could be our only striker on the books.
  • I'd still sacrifice Hernandez for anything around £10mil

I mean he is working hard and always gives 100%, but he's 31 this summer, doesn't really fit into our team and is out of contract in 2020 so could go for nothing
  • And he’s supposedly the highest earner.
  • Pelle seems to like him. Spoke well of him in his presser this week.
  • It's probably because he is a good player. ;wink
  • We struggled for so long to find a natural striker, then when we got one we couldn't fit him into the team (and he still scored more than most we've had). Then ended up with Arnautovic becoming one of the best strikers in the league...
  • edited March 2019
    Lukerz said:

Even if that rumour was true, I think it’s a pointless one as we all know Arnie is going to be off for £30m odd.

Do we all know that? In January he wanted to go to China for a big salary increase but we turned down £35m.

The Chinese aren't going to come back with another offer in the summer because they'll be halfway through their season, no other club is likely to offer more than £35m and he's not going to get anywhere near the wages the Chinese were offering.

If we wanted to cash in on Arnie we had our chance and missed it. If the Chinese do come back it won't be until January 2020.
  • I agree with Bazshuayi. Pelle knows who he wants to stay and who he wants to go. Then he and the head of recruitment, whose name escapes me, will work some magic and bring in the players they want with the budget they have.

I trusted him when, after losing the first four games, people were questioning him, me myself included, he turned around and said, "I have been a manager for over thirty years, I know what I am doing"

In Pelle I Trust.
  • Husillos is the DOF if I'm correct

Who worked with Manu at Malaga
  • Sky Sources: Real Madrid will move for Felipe Anderson if they fail in their bid for Eden Hazard.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11685/11671671/real-madrid-target-west-hams-felipe-anderson-if-chelsea-wont-sell-eden-hazard
  • Lol. He ain't that good.
  • Now, if it was Lanzini.....
  • They couldn't afford Lanzini
  • I would happily let him go for that and sign Nasri on a free.

It's not that I don't think Anderson is a great player, but I don't think he actually changes the amount of games his talent threatens to.
  • edited March 2019
    claret imo he has had an impressive 1st season, players take a while to adapt to the PL, and he is also our top scorer i believe, not difficult i know!, but think we will see an even improved player next season hoping he stays, Nasri, he's imo coming to an end of a good career.
  • What I said the other day... I think he'll get better next season after adjusting well this one. However, if we were offered 65M I'd be tempted (always tempted by a TF I guess ;hmm ;puzzled ).

Having said that, if someone offered 65M for rice, although its a massive price, I dont think I'd be happy with him going... (Although I know theres an inevitability to it). He really is crucial to our team whereas a flair winger like Andersen is someone we could replace and still have plenty of change from 65M. Players like Rice are tough to find and anyone in a certain class would be heading to a top 6 club. So it'd have to be a young, up and coming player and there's not many of a certain skill, class and maturity level who'd do what Rice does (and will get appreciably better at doing it too)
  • Considering Sancho is being talked about at £100m, I wouldn’t accept any less than £80m for Rice. I think he’s got just as much potential as Sancho, but accept that you don’t get as much money for defensive players.
  • edited March 2019
    De Jong is going to Barcelona for a reported €75m + €11m in add-ons. That’s £74m.

Can’t say I watch a lot of Ajax but I believe he’s a defensive midfielder. He’s 21 years old.

De Jong has played about 80 games for the first team. Rice has played 64 games.
  • De Jong has Europa and Champions League experience as well. I'm not saying he's better or worse, just that he has experience.
  • edited March 2019
    Yeah, I’m not saying he’s better or worse either. If De Jong is going for £74m, then I would expect Rice to go for maybe 80% of that. Add in the fact he’s English (for which there is a premium) and I wouldn’t want to see him to go for less than £70m. That is, if he does go.
  • Lets get things straight... There's no better young DM than Rice. So I am saying hes better, not worse ;whistle ;wink ;biggrin
  • Baz ;biggrin ;bowdown ;clap
  • We've been linked with Jack Grealish although we're not really short of attacking midfielders.
  • He’s a no from me
This discussion has been closed.