West Ham vs Liverpool (8pm,4th February)

Comments

• A good one this week, the entitilement of Liverpool fans does take the breath away!

http://www.kumb.com/story.php?id=133254
  • I actually wanted Liverpool to win the league up until last night, just for the change and to keep the league as competitive and unpredictable as possible.

But Klopp and their fans are just embarrassing and have this very strange sense of entitlement.

Come on City.
  • I take that guy on the video as being sarcastic, like the vlogger after the 3-0 win at Anfield.
  • Pengeman said:

Great game and we should have won. Why did the EPL have to have Stevie Wonder as linesman?

Pengeman said:

Great game and we should have won. Why did the EPL have to have Stevie Wonder as linesman?

To be fair to stevie wonder I think he’d have flagged as for the real Lino I don’t know why he just didn’t put the flag down and clap that piece of skill or get on the end of the cross himself
  • edited February 2019
    I'll sum the game up ... Good things: every player did brilliantly; Rice was a class above all the Liverpool players; Fredericks looks a good prospect; Antonio scored a cracker and kept Robertson quiet; Fab was fab; we should have won. Bad things: we might not keep this up indefinitely and we only drew. When we lose again, it will be because we're total rubbish and have been for ever ;wink
  • You forgot about the certain relegation scrap ;ok
  • I know it's Klopp, but I had to smile at this:

Mark Noble claimed they had 'scared' the League leaders, who now sit just three points clear of Manchester City.

Klopp 's response: “I wish for West Ham fans that Mark Noble and his team would scare more teams and not only us tonight."

• Bubbles: I never thought I'd agree with Klopp...
  • edited February 2019
    Bubbles

That's another example of meejah types misrepresenting things to get a reaction, imo.

Nobes wasn't talking specifically about Liverpool, he was saying that you need to put a scare into big clubs when you play them - i.e. make them understand that you are a threat going forwards.

That was then presumably put to Klopp out of context.

He mentioned watching Liverpool's midweek game, and the sense of anxiety, and said he was anxious just watching it.

He also said he hoped Liverpool won the title, but I see that wasn't mentioned to Klopp...
  • I realise I’m probably in a very very small minority in that I’ve got a lot of time for Klopp.
    However that rubbish he came out with last night about the ref came straight out of the Ferguson/Mourinho playbook,IMO two of the nastiest characters we’ve had in the game in recent years.
    Uncalled for,petulant and just wrong.
  • Ferguson was the best at it, and it does give their teams an advantage. That ref last night will think twice before giving a decision against Liverpool (Klopp) in future. Ferguson and Mourinho were experts at intimidating the officials. And it works. Klopp should have been thanking the officials last night. If Origo had scored with the last kick of the game we would be looking to buy a new laptop today.................
  • Friend has enough trouble understanding what's going on on the pitch let alone trying to remember anything that went on before.
  • I actually wanted Liverpool to win the league up until last night, just for the change and to keep the league as competitive and unpredictable as possible.

But Klopp and their fans are just embarrassing and have this very strange sense of entitlement.

Come on City.

Cannot agree with that all all...
    There has never been 1 iota of me wanting Klopp/Liverpool to win league,
    He's a puppet...
  • Grey,
    explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog - it tends to die in the process ;biggrin
  • Bubbles

Not sure what you mean. ;hmm

What you quoted from was from Klopp moaning about Marky Mark talking about Liverpool, and saying they were scared (Mark didn't say that...)
  • edited February 2019
    Our whole midfield was the engine room for that performance. I was particularly pleased for Antonio. He won most of his headers, closed down when they had the ball and was a real threat going forwards.

He has taken some criticism recently so credit when it's due!
  • I cant see Liverpool seeing out the season at the top. They have quality throughout but in my view city are a different proposition. I think City really put teams to the sword in the way that Liverpool only do now and again.

As for Rice..... I may be getting way above myself but I can see a club putting in a 100m offer in the next two years. He is so good and provides so much cover to the defence. The reason for expecting that sort of offer is that Van Dijk (who I think is a great player) was snapped up last year for 75m at age 27, Rice showed last night he is every bit as influential to a match and is a mere 20, it's being so good so young that I think will encourage the really big offers as whoever comes in for him will know that they will likely get to recoup a large amount if not profit due to his next move being still at an early point in his career. Bale was 24 when he went for £90m. I don't think he is as good or influential as Bale at this point but if a club offered £60m this summer I would think it a fair punt for them, and if he continues next season the summer after he could easily be £80-£100m.
  • Grey, I'm sure that the original quotes employed a touch of "comedic licence" so I posted it as such, not to be taken too seriously. ;ok
  • edited February 2019

As for Rice..... I may be getting way above myself but I can see a club putting in a 100m offer in the next two years.

I completely disagree.

The reason for expecting that sort of offer is that Van Dijk (who I think is a great player) was snapped up last year for 75m at age 27,

That was, in part, because Liverpool were flush with the Coutinho money, and selling clubs knew it. I don't see that sort of situation being easily repeated at other clubs

Bale was 24 when he went for £90m. I don't think he is as good or influential as Bale at this point but if a club offered £60m this summer I would think it a fair punt for them, and if he continues next season the summer after he could easily be £80-£100m.

They were paying for 20 goals a season. Rice will never be that of equivalent value, imo

I will bow to superior knowledge of an experienced manager: Pelle says that to be really top class, he needs to be a better passer. To clarify - he said while Rice usually completes his passes, he needs to learn how to choose/make the 'best' pass. I imagine that the clubs that can afford £100m for a DM will have similar requirements for a player, and won't be taking a chance on a player yet to develop and who hasn't won anything yet.
  • Let us see what comes, time will tell. I think these big offers will arrive sooner rather than later.

• I think, with Rice, you are paying for a player who is not really going to get you any goals, any assists or win you matches based on any one event. It will be the consistency of his performances & his ‘under the radar’ style of defending that you will be paying for. I think, when he does go, we would be looking around the £50m mark but teams like Man City, who we know have loads of cash, are desperate for that sort of player to replace Fernandinho, & if they want him, given he will solve that problem position for 10-15 years, they may well pay whatever we want.
  • Let us see what comes, time will tell. I think these big offers will arrive sooner rather than later.

When we get into the Europa League and he also starts playing for England he will be seen by an even bigger market.

;wink ;whistle
  • starts playing for England
    ;fishslap
  • edited February 2019
    ;lol
  • Antonio has scored five goals in seven games against Liverpool.

A bit Lukaku?
  • Antonio has scored five goals in seven games against Liverpool.

A bit Lukaku?

Just with better dance moves
    ;diva
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47144113

West ham fan caught on video (racially) abusing Salah during the match.
This discussion has been closed.