West Ham United v Arsenal (12/1/19, 12:30 KO)

Comments

• Mrs G the posts are out of synch. It’s Payet who’s rumoured to be off to China.
  • Great game to watch today. So many great performances.
    Rice outstanding, Cresswell back to his best too.
  • Going through Stansted after being at the game and a fellow hammer called me over to show me a photo of Arnie at Heathrow airport. I reckon he’s gone already.
  • DJ Hammer said:

Going through Stansted after being at the game and a fellow hammer called me over to show me a photo of Arnie at Heathrow airport. I reckon he’s gone already.

He's going to Vienna to celebrate Orthodox New Year on Monday (his dad is Serbian).
  • Did anyone else spot Anderson adjusting his gloves while racing up the touchline with the ball? Class.
  • ASLEF: he's obviously got Adrian as his glove coach ;wink
  • Hes going to look so smart in that white England shirt soon too... ;run
  • Michail Antonio on Goals on Sunday ;wahoo
  • Hes going to look so smart in that white England shirt soon too... ;run

;fishslap
  • Can't wait for the plot twist when he ends up playing for Wales.
  • As long as he don’t end up playing for the spuds
  • Please don't Cuz, I could take most outcomes but not that one.

• edited January 2019
    Brilliant picture... always knew Arnie could smile...

73AED55C-CA8F-431C-BEFE-7563AA538A3F
  • That picture shows what being a footballer means to him, please let him stay that way.

One thing Declan...... if you score another anytime soon can you please not do that big knee slide celebration !!! we have a big enough injury crisis as it is.
  • He was meant to do one he did on soccer am but got lost in the moment
  • What a great photograph, one to treasure for the rest of his life
  • Best all round team performance for many a year. Can`t believe we actually outplayed and out passed Arsenal. Overchuffed for Rice, and Noble is getting better and better. Our most ineffective player (imo) was Arnie. Given the situation, I think Silva would have given more. As for Arsenal, bring back Wenger. They looked more like Stoke. ;scarf
  • edited January 2019
    Declan in Garth Crooks' Team of the week. In MF with Pogba and Willian ;biggrin
  • Willians in good company then...
  • Zabelta Rice and Nasri make Jamies Redknapps team of the week, Lawro's one was all Liverpool players for the 100th week running ;lol
  • As Madcap. Can't remember all 14 players hitting form in the same game. As for Nobes, he plays according to the quality around him. Nasri seems to be acting on him like Payet did, there'll be a love-in for sure. And I was wrong about Nasri, didn't rate him, but that was a class performance. That was a game to remember ;clap
  • Remember that was Nasri after he'd only played an hour of an FA Cup tie against Birmingham, just imagine what he'll be like when he's fit enough to play a full 90 minutes!
  • As Madcap. Can't remember all 14 players hitting form in the same game. As for Nobes, he plays according to the quality around him. Nasri seems to be acting on him like Payet did, there'll be a love-in for sure. And I was wrong about Nasri, didn't rate him, but that was a class performance. That was a game to remember ;clap

I think it's been so long since any of us could remember how Nasri really plays. He's been abroad a few years and even at City was part of a unit of amazing players. We saw flashes now of what he was like with Arsenal (and he doesn't seem to have lost it) where it feels like he's slowing down time. Anderson has a bit of that as well.
  • Sign of quality players...

The touch and pass to Rice was pure quality, he had all the time in the world..

Compare to say Antonio who does everything at a 100, he would probably have lethered it, it may fly in or end up in row Z...
  • The thing that I haven't seen mentioned on the set up for Rice is that Rice was pointing to where he wanted the ball too. Quality all around.

The set up for the goal and for Anderson's strike were both excellent - very please to se Nasri perform to that level immediately. Mind you he had plenty of motivation against an ex-employer ...
  • Yep both of those moments were perfect examples. The amount of time he waited before that perfect lay-off to Anderson. No one other than maybe Anderson would have seen that.

Vorse, that's exactly what I was thinking of. Not even just Antonio but our whole attacking approach has often been so rushed whereas these two control the pace so they can do what they want to do rather than just make do with the options they have. How many times has Anderson completely slowed the defender to a standstill then burst off in another direction? I think that might make Antonio more effective again as well, because he becomes that unpredictable surge in the attack that he was when we had Payet.
  • Think the good thing is that Nasri will have that motivation for the rest of the season at the very least.

It's clear he realises how much he loves football, how much he missed it, and he knows he hasn't got too long to go at the top level.

Will be interesting to see if he is willing to stay with us if, as seems likely, he gets back to his best.
  • They both looked jolly pleased....

• I think we should offer Nasri a longer contract now. If he does wander off to another club at least we'll be financially up on it all (with his current wages). I hope he stays though. Why?

Hes got style, hes got flair thats why he became the Nasri (one for those of us that are states side and actually have heard of 'The Nanny' Fran Drescher). It tickled me anyway ;whistle