West Ham v Brighton. 2nd Jan 2019 K.O 19.45

Comments

• In summary for me, shouldn't have gone two down, did very well to get back on terms but disappointed to have Perez in the team with Diangana or Nasri on the bench, Perez is not premiership in my book and should be a last resort, and you don't look to the last resort with those two on the bench.

Nasri has been training so should be relatively fit and if he is not going to be called upon when down to bones like that when will we use him. Diangana is dangerous with his pace and especially introduced in the final twenty when defenders will be tiring. I feel Pelle used the other two subs well but had he chosen other than perez we could have snatched it.
  • 3 points off 7th, 12 points off 18th; I'll take that after our start.
  • Diangana a bit lightweight against a quite physical Brighton team.
  • Think the FA cup has come at a good time, we need to rest a few, give Diang, Nasri, etc a chance...And the players who have been playing nearly every game a break, if we have enough fit to replace them, But Perez, not sure he deserves to play this weekend after that performance.
  • jay

I judge forwards by what they did with the chances they had.

Perez saw very little of the ball.

Give him and Silva a run on Sunday.
  • Silva Nasri Adrian Arthur Grady Coventry and Perez I imagine will all play on Saturday. Not sure who else.
  • Grey
    Perez saw very little of the ball

Probably because it kept bouncing off him. ;biggrin
  • I am not sure the FA cup timing is so good as I want us to really go for it but if we rest too many Birmingham could easily nick it. At full strength I think it's a no contest but take out for example, Anderson, Arnie, Diop, Zab, Fabianski and Rice and that starts to look like a competitive match!
  • Actually Diop and Rice could not both be rested!
  • They need to go for it I'm going ;pray
  • Don't think that Rice will be dropped, one of the few players who didn't look leggy tonight......do think that Diop and Anderson need a rest particularly

Adrian and Masuaku likely to come in, plus Noble and Antonio should be fresh given they only played 30 mins tonight

Possibly something like this (not sure who can partner Oggy at CB)

Adrian
    Zab Ogbonna Cresswell Masuaku
    Noble Rice Snodgrass
    Diangana Carroll Antonio
  • respect the point ;scarf
  • Birmingham are 8th in the championship and have only lost once in their last 8 matches, not to be taken lightly!
  • Lukerz said:

How good a player would Antonio be if he had a brain.

Tjat certainly explains his impression of Homer Simpson
  • edited January 2019

Birmingham are 8th in the championship and have only lost once in their last 8 matches, not to be taken lightly!

Which may mean they to will rest players. It's always better to play teams fighting for relegation or promotion imo.
  • Sounds from his interview will be going for a win in the cup then a week to rest up for the next league game
  • edited January 2019
    I hope it is clear now how important Markie is to us in our midfield ;wink. He plays sideways balls when he sees no other options and takes stick for it but the forward passes he makes win games for us. we have no other player who plays the ball out of midfield half as well. ;clap
  • Ref had a poor game I counted four flying elbows and feet that went unpunished Brighton got away with being very physical the officials did n't seem to want to give us anything. Brighton have now been added to the list of teams I don't like.
  • Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth. Referees certainly seem to turn a blind eye to the thuggery of the 'plucky' smaller teams.
  • There was a picture on Sky last night of Andy with blood streaming from a cut above his eye from an elbow.
  • edited January 2019
    ;ok He was elbowed (and had to leave the pitch to get patched up), as was Snodgrass (he wasn't bleeding, though). I think both of those were deliberate, ref did nothing - and Zaba caught an accidental high boot in the eye from Murray.
  • At least Glen Murray didn't score. ;biggrin
  • Ref had a poor game I counted four flying elbows and feet that went unpunished Brighton got away with being very physical the officials did n't seem to want to give us anything. Brighton have now been added to the list of teams I don't like.

Also thought Ref was weak....
    And the same week as he was given his FIFA badge...
    ;doh
  • There was a picture on Sky last night of Andy with blood streaming from a cut above his eye from an elbow.

I'm 99% sure that if it was Dunk that had a cut caused by Carroll's elbow our man would have seen red
  • And it wasn't only the ref either, both assistants were as bad. ;angry
  • Hands up anyone else who thought putting on Noble for Obiang at that time was a mistake, when Diangana and Nasri were options.
  • Me, puddleglum, me.

#idontknowwhatimdoing
  • Brighton, Burnley, Bournemouth. Referees certainly seem to turn a blind eye to the thuggery of the 'plucky' smaller teams.

Maybe we should change our name to Best Ham.
  • edited January 2019

And it wasn't only the ref either, both assistants were as bad. ;angry

Unfortunately, the people sitting behind me were saying derogatory things about the lineswoman, you know, because she’s a woman. And they were in a group with a teenage(?) girl! It was quite cringey.
This discussion has been closed.