Burnley (H) Saturday 2nd Nov, 15:00

Comments

• Antonio on for Diangana, who was about to be pulled just before the 3rd goal.
  • Not sure why people are unhappy, this is the West Ham way.

;goal

;scarf
  • Diangana ;clap lad is going to be special, i really do think he is another Lanzini.
  • edited November 2018
    Great effort from Anderson at a well worked free kick, but too close to Hart who makes the save.
  • I really hope Pellegrini will keep this youth build up.
  • Arnie tries a pass when he shoulda pulled the trigger, was trying to set up Hernandez but the pass gets blocked.

Ogbonna on for Arnie.
  • My heart is going some
  • 5 mins added, why????
  • Ref giving Burnley everything
  • edited November 2018
    Phew.

Can breath at last, Anderson to Antonio who chests it to Hernandez who slots nicely
  • Well as we said hart used to letting in goals at home
  • And England hang on to squeak past South Africa
  • I didn't know I could hold my breath so long
  • edited November 2018
    Everyone got their happy on now?

;scarf ;wahoo coyi

Think Anderson may have found his mojo, so fair play to Pelle for keeping the faith.
  • edited November 2018
    4-2 FT

Not a game for the faint hearted, but a much needed and well deserved 3 points
  • Off to watch the Arsenal game with a mate.

There may be a cold Mythos or several in my near future.
  • happy happy joy joy
  • I am glad for Anderson. Hope this kicks him on. Grady sounds like a player.
  • edited November 2018

Hands up all those who wanted Anderson dropped.

I transferred him out of my FF team after a 2 weeks and measly 4 points.

You're welcome.

;doh
  • edited November 2018
    What a rollercoaster of a game, I should sue West Ham for taking months/years off my lifespan, sometimes I wish i hated football & had no team to support. but games like today, whether it'll catch up on me 1 day, I'll take it all day long....
    Anderson, well played.....& Diang, never gives up and really enjoy watching him play..
  • Well done lads!! That was a nervous but enjoyable 90!
  • Looks like Diang could be a bit of a find. Would be nice if something good came of Yarmo's injury.

Big result this. Decent run of fixtures (City aside) so hopefully this is the start of a good run.
  • edited November 2018
    Hamstew said:

I Grady sounds like a player.

;ok Needs to bulk up a bit, but has indeed done very well.

It was interesting that very early on, he was dribbling down the touchline and running into trouble - did it a couple of times. And I am sure I saw (lipread) Pellegrini come to the touchline and tell him/gesture 'one-two pass, don't dribble.' Anybody else notice that?
  • Grady is gravy
  • That was great, horrible, great, horrible, great and then great.

I stand by what I said that I think we struggle to create much with Arnie right up top, mostly because he comes so deep to get the ball and then we have nobody in attacking position.

When he came deeper and Hernandez was up front, we looked a different proposition.

Hernadez’ finish hopefully shows he’s still for a lot offer. He is lethal when he’s hungry enough.

Diangana was outstanding, both dribbling and passing. What’s really impressive about him, though, is that he looks for something simple most of the time. He picks his moments to try some magic, but the rest of the time plays the simple pass to a team-mate.

Special shout to Anderson as well. That, finally, looked like a £40M player.
  • Cracking result and fully deserved, despite us making it slightly hard. Haven’t scored 4 at home in a while in the league.
  • Match of the Day AND Goals on Sunday. ;wahoo

This discussion has been closed.