Where do we go next?

Comments

• sad but true fact, the spuds have more home stadiums than we have points
    Everyone has more home stadiums than we have points including us! ;wahoo
  • If the games so far are anything to go by we will be relegated and with zero points. Don't think the latter will happen.
  • I can't believe so many are writing us off after 4 games, mind many posters were writing us off at this stage last season and the season before if memory serves me correct.
    I maybe more positive than some on here but we played worse than that several times last year and we managed thirteenth, who'd have thought eh?
    Give it a reasonable time before writing the season off and declaring we are relegated.

COYI
  • edited September 2018
    Ironherb

It’s not for me about writing off the team or thinking about being relegated.
    It is about enjoying watching your team play good football and all of the players looking as if they are putting in 100 percent and looking like they know what they are doing .
    We may survive every season but who wants to watch a team playing as badly as ours week after week no matter what league they are in.
    I have supported West Ham like many on here for years and we have struggled in many seasons but the players used to look like they cared and entertained the fans no matter what the result .
    Apart from the Payet season the football we play has been awful for a number of years .
    We change our managers and we have spent money on players but we are still so very poor.
    As I said earlier I don’t really care what league we are in I want an entertaining side to watch . I won’t go back until I feel that the players have the desire and togetherness that the fans deserve.
  • edited September 2018
    IH I watched every PL west ham game live on tv last season.
    I understand some might view watching on tv as not a good judgment, fair enough.
    What I witnessed yesterday was dire, not one bit of motivation that things have improved.
    I can't believe that it won't improve because let's be real it can't get much worse than this start.
    I'm not writing the season off YET...
    But if little improvement or tactics are not changed or Pellegrini doesn't realise it's not working soon I do fear this season.
    However IH I applaud your positivity.
  • I’m gonna take a break until Christmas or next season from the hammers. Can’t waste anymore time on this. Good luck!
  • Well when you come back and we’ve moved up the table be something to look forward to
  • IH , as Steve said not yet...
    But if the games so far are anything to go by we could well be by end of season.
    It was the manner of the loss yesterday that is most concerning, surely you can only agree with that?

You could apply similar logic to Watford. They’ve won all 4 games, including against Spurs. Do you think they will win the league or get top 4?

It’s only been 4 games. There’s another 34 games to go.
  • edited September 2018
    There is absolutely no way we should sack Manuel Pellegrini. No way.

4 games down out of 38, two of which were very tough, two disappointing. I think Pellegrini will eventually settle on his best XI but until he does it’s going to be a bit rocky.

We were poor on Saturday. Make no mistake. We were poor in all 4 of Moyes’ first games (1 point from 12) & poor in 2/3 first games under Bilic when we finished 7th (3 points from 9), & poor for the first 3 games last season (0 points), before finishing 13th. It isn’t unusual. We also lost 5 of our first 6 under Bilic in 2016/17 (3 points from 18), before finishing 11th. We tend to start slowly. In fact we’ve been bottom in September every year for the past 3 years.

Manuel is the best man to sort it. He will. I have no doubt about that.
  • edited September 2018
    Adam said:

You could apply similar logic to Watford. They’ve won all 4 games, including against Spurs. Do you think they will win the league or get top 4?

No, but they're 16 points closer to safety than we are and their confidence is through the roof. Winning, like losing, can become habitual, and that's what worries me.

We played terribly against Liverpool and Wolves and lost. We played ok against Bournemouth and lost. We played well against Arsenal and lost. I honestly wonder what would have happened against Wimbledon had they not gone down to ten men.

If this continues, we will struggle to stay up. The players' confidence seems shot and they appear to be physically and mentally weak. The same rhetoric gets wheeled out by the players time after time, and it feels almost robotic. I'm tired of reading the same things game after game, season after season. I want to see a difference in their application and ability, but I expect that it will be the same story against Everton with the same result.
  • edited September 2018
    And I’m not saying what we have seen so far is acceptable. In all four games there were unacceptable moments. I think we have several things we need to change & improve on.

I just get frustrated with this ‘we want it now’ mentality. Pellegrini isn’t an idiot. He knew it wasn’t working on Saturday. We had a team with 8 new players in trying to click against a Wolves side who have been working towards a vision for over a year now & have only added a couple of additions fo improve their 11.

We were poor. They were good. I reckon we’ll get something at Everton but we need to back the side & have patience with Pellegrini.
  • OCS, is it 4 points for a win now - when did that happen? ;wink
  • Statistically we have run the third lowest distance so far. Similar tale to previous seasons
  • I’m gonna take a break until Christmas or next season from the hammers. Can’t waste anymore time on this. Good luck!

That's the spirit! This kind of support already puts us in the same league as MAn Utd. and Chelsea!
  • We need to hold our nerve.

Well that’s what I’m gonna do.
  • edited September 2018
    Bit disappointed that Tony Cottee has come out & started already with the ‘shouldn’t have got rid of Moyes’.

Give the team some time.
  • Me too Luke.

TC also very publicly condemned Allerdyce during his time as our manager yet now thinks we should ask him to ‘rescue us’.

Tsk...
  • Under Bilic we were one of if not the most unfit teams in the league and Moyes after a few games had changed all that.
    Under Pelle we seem to have reverted back to the unfit lackadaisical tempo. Is it something to do with foreign managers who feel that the tempo of the English game is too frantic and needs to be played at a slower pace. Having said that Pelle has experience of the PL.
  • It’s only been 4 games. There’s another 34 games to go.

Patiently waits until its eight games in and we still only have a point or two if we are lucky! ;whistle
  • The lack of effort is embarrassing.....previously under Bilic, moyes and now pellgrini

I don't think we should sack Pellegrino but we need points, it's as simple as that

Everton have changed managers from the dinosaur of Fat Sam to the creative Silva and they have 7 points from 12 getting points from both Wolves & Bournemouth
  • That may well be the case, Fortune. I think the minimum amount of time to give Pellegrini is 19 games, i.e. after we’ve played everyone once. Considering the amount of money that’s been put into this project, it would be short-sighted to abandon it so quickly.
  • I wouldn’t want silva in charge another relegation will eventually come
  • Fortune we know it's only been 4 games but the problem everyone has picked up on is the lack of effort and fight and determination. That shouldn't even have happened in the first game let alone the fourth. The players keep talking the talk but can't walk the walk.
    Getting beaten is one thing but beaten because the other team put the work in you didn't is totally inexcusable.
  • edited September 2018
    thorn,

I am actually as dismayed as most of us. I was trying, politely as I could, to ask the question how will people feel if we have played eight games and are still bottom with possibility of zero points? ;ok

adam @ 6.54 is asking for 19 games before we really need to review the situation!
  • Fortune if we still have zero points after 8 games, or 7,6,5 for that matter, you will find out what people feel soon enough.
  • We won’t have 0 points after 8 so don’t worry yourself.
  • Lukerz said:

We won’t have 0 points after 8 so don’t worry yourself.

Duly bookmarked ;wink