Wilshere Official

Comments

• Story is Payet using West Ham link to get himself a pay rise and Ballotelli joining on a free for 175k a week
  • Collins ;weep
  • I've moved on.
  • I haven't really.

;weep
  • James who?

;run
  • James-Rodriguez-983346

Even the Columbians admire him! James 'Hames' Collins. Ginger legend
  • MrsGrey said:

I've moved on.

When I first read this (without seeing your follow up ;lol I was just about to type that you really are from Northern Nora Batty stock! Then I had to change my mind ;biggrin
  • N-N-N-Nineteen
  • edited July 2018
    Paul Boleyncastle

• edited July 2018
    I just checked out the video for "Nineteen" and realised how easily we forget and in the forgetting think it's ok to make jokes of such horrors (me). It needed a pop video to remind me of how horrific it truly was.
    Average age of soldier in WW2 was 26, in Vietnam, 19. Terrible.

Sorry, this doesn't belong on this thread.
  • edited July 2018
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/july/19-july/wilshere-keen-repay-faith-shown-him-pellegrini
    Seems to imply in this article that Pelle is looking to use him as the No.10, so a replacement for Lanzini. He does also suggest that he could play slightly deeper, but I take it to mean playmaker is his main role but he could be more cautious depending on opposition.

Noble - Obiang
    Anderson - Wilshere - Yarmolenko
    Arnautovic

;hmm

Also suggests they have been told to play a passing, pressing game; wonder how the players will take to that? Gonna require 1) great fitness levels 2) good passing levels & 3) a complete mentality shift from the last couple of years, where we tended to play on the back foot & struggle to dominate possession.
  • edited July 2018
    Whenever I think of formations and picking our best players I cant get Hernandez in th team..
  • Vorse,

Does your team include Noble?
  • Fortune, I think he could be, I think we’re going to play 4231.

So to fill the 2, noble Obiang rice Kouyate Wilshere.

Would prefer Wilshere further foward which would then push Arnie into the striker role...

;hmm
  • I noticed this comment about Wilshere (and his injury record), when the gaffer was being interviewed, although strangely it's being reported in the Chicarito article.

“We are doing a plan with the doctor with him and with the physical manager. We are trying to do a different thing with him so he can be comfortable. And not to try to play every game of the season because he must work in a different way.”

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/july/25-july/pellegrini-chicharito-will-be-very-important-player-west-ham
  • Sensible, I'd say
  • tbh, I think it's quite common for players to have a 'personalised' training programme - whether it be age or injury or other physical issue.
  • Welcome Jack! Yeold cheer up mate, it may never happen ;lol

It already happened less than 2 months into the season. ;weep
  • Good luck Jack. Hope you can stay fit but I feel we have just done another Andy Carroll who we are trying to shift....time will tell.

;weep
  • Good luck Jack. Hope you can stay fit but I feel we have just done another Andy Carroll who we are trying to shift....time will tell.

obvious is just obvious
  • IMO Jack Wilshere is such a talent that, if there were any chance of a return to fitness, Arsenal wouldn't have released him.

That was the clue.
  • edited December 2019
    We just have to accept that due to his injuries we will get limited use, but he is good to have as a squad player and used in some games. He is a class player, his assist for Fredricks goal aginst Southampton early this year is an example of that.
  • £5m a year, £15m over the course or three years - a criminal waste of money. Laughably the only run of games where he seems to have been fit were during pre-season friendlies. And even during a rare sighting in the premier league he doesn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck like Scott Parker used to.
  • £5m a year, £15m over the course or three years - a criminal waste of money. Laughably the only run of games where he seems to have been fit were during pre-season friendlies. And even during a rare sighting in the premier league he doesn’t take the game by the scruff of the neck like Scott Parker used to.

Easy to say we should gone for Ross barley big time
  • Rice and Barley in Midfield would be tasty ;)
  • Too many carbohydrates...
  • Maybe we have a buy back clause on Quinoa as well, to bring him back from Watford.
  • It's being rumoured that West Ham are looking to mutually terminate Jack Wilshire's contract.

Maybe this will be the final time that we don't sign the most injury prone players in all the leagues....