Club finances - last year's figures released

Comments

• We sold Payet
    Dimitri Payet
    I just don't think you understand
    it's money in the bank
    We're playing really rank
    We sold Dimitri Payet.

• Yeah, it was really frustrating the way the club couldn't wait to get rid of him.
  • Yeah, it was really frustrating the way the club couldn't wait to get rid of him.

Against his wishes, mind you. ;sofa
  • Speaking of finances, the club got hit with a £30k fine for its administrative faux pas

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43322593
  • edited March 2018
    Well that’s slashed this summer’s transfer kitty by 25% then
  • Speaking of finances, the club got hit with a £30k fine for its administrative faux pas

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43322593

What does this mean
    What does hiding mean
  • Seems to saying the club is on a sound financial footing.

So that's good news.
  • Reports in the media today that Moyes will get 60m for the summer, let’s hope that’s after sales as I would think he will change this squad quite dramatically assuming he doesn’t relegate us
  • Yes he needs to make his own mark on things think Chico be one that goes ac as well to name but two
  • So Moyes is staying then?
  • Rumours (I know !) that Becks is after him for MLS Miami...
  • They haven't even got a stadium yet. ;lol
  • Moyes has got a place there
  • edited March 2018

Rumours (I know !) that Becks is after him for MLS Miami...

I hope that rumour is wrong, in fact.......

Dear Mr Beckham,

Hands off Moyes......
  • Could the board put a few quid of the profit into paying for some stewards and security staff who actually have a clue what they are doing, and manage to complete their tasks in a professional timely and seemly manner?
  • Could the board put a few quid of the profit into paying for some stewards and security staff who actually have a clue what they are doing, and manage to complete their tasks in a professional timely and seemly manner?

Some would argue that the old stewards we had at the old place were fairly competent
  • This is what may happen when you're not in control.
  • Yep!

I’ve seen posts how steward supervisors were treated when we left UP there’s your P45 thanks. So many avoidable basic mistakes. Pay 5m if it means we wouldn’t see the shambles that has gone on at the world class migration .
  • edited March 2018

Some would argue that the old stewards we had at the old place were fairly competent

That may very well be the case but unless you think the board should kidnap them and force them to work for us, I'm not sure what use the argument would be.

Secondly, even if they did get all the old stewards to work for us, they wouldn't be enough, as we need many more now that we have a bigger crowd.

• edited March 2018
    Mrs Grey,

Kidnapping would be too extreme and unnecessary IMHO ;cool

Perhaps someone more informed can shed some light on this but apparently many stewards from Upton Park either wasn't asked to come over to Stratford or they wasnt allowrd to or something similar.
  • Well, I don't know if you would consider me more informed, but after reading up on it...

the club has twice written to all former stewards who didn't apply to work at the new stadium, encouraging then to apply.

In terms of 'not allowed to or something similar', the stewards at the new stadium have to (as a requirement of the job) either already hold or be working towards an appropriate qualification.

• Which the club have offered to pay for.
  • Yes, I had a vague memory of this, so was just checking if I was right or had made t up. KB indicated as much the recent letter but I'm sure that the offer to pay goes back further than recent events.
  • I’d like to add that at matches I have been to it’s not just the stewards who don’t seem to have a clue what they are doing the catering staff seem pretty clueless too. It’s not rocket science what they have to do on match day, but they just come across as not knowing what’s going on and seem to lack any sort of leadership.
    Senior management need to get a handle on the situation and quickly, surely this is some thing Brady and the board can sort out fairly easily?
  • edited March 2018
    C&B

My understanding is that the stadium staff are not club employees, so not sure what they can do, apart from press the stadium management to try to improve things.
  • Catering and stewards are run by the stadium operators not West Ham so they have no control over how they are run . They can complain but not sure there is a lot else they can do
  • I think we may request a contribution for the likely forthcoming fine from E20 as stewarding is their responsibility.