Patrice Evra signing confirmed

Comments

• This isn't good. ;doh
  • I can't see what the problem is with this. Evra is available, Moyes knows him, he wants to play football, is not worried about the money. We have injuries and suspensions, surely having another player training and possibly contributing can't be a bad thing?
  • edited February 2018
    Whitehorse
    surely having another player training and possibly contributing can't be a bad thing?
    I have you right there WHH ;ok Unfortunately atm there is a bad atmosphere amongst a disaffected set of supporters and this is just another (broken) stick they will use to beat the owners with. ;sofa
  • If they keep supplying the bullets........
  • I also can't see the problem. We are short of numbers and he may only be here for cover, I don't know but surely it will be competition for Cresswell.
    The fact that he lashed out at a fan giving him abuse has nothing to do with this club. Barely a week has passed since most on here were adamant that the spitting incident by Masuaku was the worst thing anyone could do. Suddenly Evra seems to have become the lowest of the low. As far as I'm aware the incident for which he was banned is the only thing he has been in trouble for.
    We've had players in the past involved in stabbings albeit amongst themselves.
  • At the moment I am interested in the team getting points as soon as possible, if bringing in another player helps that, even to a small degree, I am not too worried about some disaffected supporters.
  • Ex suggesting there could be another player joining soon.

Song?

Nasri?

Kirchoff?

Dear Old Carlton ;wahoo?
  • It could be a new thing. Don't bother looking for new signings in the window, just snap them up for nothing after the window has closed.

In all seriousness, I reckon he keeps himself in good shape, so shouldn't need a long time to get in playing shape. Could be good or could be bad, we shall see.
  • edited February 2018
    The club trying to recruit a 30 and over squad.

Didn't Sully say he wouldn't sign Defoe because he didn't have any resale value....

Its laughable honestly....
  • I’m sorry what?!

We have signed Evra?!

Patrice Evra?!
  • But we are not paying any fee for Evra, so not expecting a resale value.
  • That’s not realy my objection.

No resale value it right at the end of a long list of issues.
  • We've got Evra, Patrice Evra
    I just don't think you understand
    He's David Sulleys man
    He's better than his nan
    We've got Patrice Evra

Altogether now....
  • If we identified that as a position of re strengthening why not buy one during the window or why not go in for evra during the window smacks of desperation to me against it on all levels
  • Firstly didn’t the board themselves say (ok ok I know anything they say needs to be taken with a gallon of salt!) just before the window started that they would be signing players in their twenties, etc

Secondly, what’s done is done now, so welcome Patrice, hope you do fantastically well for us.
  • During the window we probably weren't looking at strengthening in that position but once Masuaku got himself banned for half the remaining games with only 4 days of the window left I doubt there was time to look at getting one in.
  • Yes Patrice welcome let’s hope you get no game time whatsoever well done the board for pushing the boat out for us with your younger signings and signings that our new ground deserves to aid us compete with the big boys ;bowdown
  • Wouldn't have minded him when he was 36 and he's only 52 now. I know he's been out for a while, but maybe worth a punt.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cantona-kung-fu-kick--me-5034527

He'd team up nicely with Evra down on Route 66 ;biggrin
  • edited February 2018
    baracks

My memory of it (from a year or two ago) was that they would try to get younger players on long-term contracts (4/5 years) whilst limiting older players to 1/2 years.

AfaIk they have managed this, and I hardly see a short-term signing of Evra as changing this.

• edited February 2018
    Cuz, chill with the negativity bro ;biggrin ;wink
  • Bubbles, that was me being positive
  • edited February 2018
    Patrice, go kIck some...

Ok, scratch that
  • Weren't the comments made in December, that's what is being reported

David Sullivan in December: "We will have to bring in two or three players. We have to bring in new blood who will die for the club. They won’t be old journeymen, they will be young, energetic, fired-up players. They might be 26 or 27, they might be 23, but they won’t be 32."

So yea this reeks of desperation and poor planning

I know he seems like he keeps himself in good shape but he is 36 and hasn't played a professional game since October, also think the demands of a LWB doesn't suit his age
  • Re OCS's earlier comment:

Song?

Nasri?

Kirchoff?

Evra?

Given those options, who would you choose?
  • Hutton,

We have had plenty of criminals playing for us well, at least their defending was. ;biggrin

Sorry to make light of our current predicament but otherwise I will just ;weep
  • And you call yourselves Christians! We're outside the transfer window, and we're down with injuries and suspensions. Patrice has come along and offered to help in what must be the smoothest signing negotiation EVER!. He's come along and is ready to help. Let's see if he can help!
  • Well I would have passed him by on the Jericho road