Why Aye Man - Newcastle H Match Thread 23.12.17 15:00

Comments

• How can AC be caught at least a yard offside from our free kick, in the 93rd minute and he is looking along the line ;doh
  • Mmmmm

This was where Moyes had to get a result. Tactically not good enough. ;angry
  • Drop 2 places down to 17th.
  • A big shopping list needed for January. The Daves must find the money from somewhere because they must know this shower are not all PL quality. Trouble is finding the players and then getting them to sign. Only chance would be if they haven't seen us play.
  • Deserved loss, very poor especially being granted an early goal and a penalty which looked as though it was outside the box, yet still managed to lose.

The most worrying thing is that was the same performance which got us into the mess of a few weeks back. I also feel the line up and tactics were wrong from the start. It should close down any discussion in the board room of whether we have a good enough squad to sit out the window. Midfielder needed for sure, someone who can play the ball out of midfield to begin attack.
  • Generally I feel pleased when we end the game on the front foot, but there is no disguising that this was a poor team performance, even against a team a poor as Newcastle, no premier league team has a right to expect the points when so many players were beneath par.

Ho hum
  • edited December 2017
    Well that was as West Ham as you could get.

Playing a team that had lost 8 of the last 9 and only won 1 away game in 20, we once again capitulate.

Hopefully a blip, but we can't afford any more. Two HUGE games up next. Four points an absolute minimum.
  • really disappointing. thought Andy Carroll was lazy/poor and dont know why Ayew took the pathetic penalty. Antonio looks as though he needs a rest. looking like we need several good signings in january and get Carroll, Ayew, Sakho out. lets hope we turn it around on Tuesday.
  • edited December 2017
    I just noticed on the lineup that Kouyate was playing, or was it a typo?
  • We have Bournemouth and west Brom next and they are both must win games but I can't see us winning either of them. Newcastle thoroughly deserved that and could or probably should have been 3-1 up at the interval.
    If we get a penalty and Noble isn't playing we don't seem to have anyone on the pitch who we can rely on.
  • edited December 2017
    Missed Lanzini big time IMO
    Gutted about the result..
    Oh well, thought a few weeks back we'd be in the bottom 3 on Xmas day, we are not, but after today it's not that feeling we all wanted.
    ;weep
  • edited December 2017
    A couple of decent outcomes and Moyes comes out and says he can manage any team in the world ;doh

Time to reel it in Dave and focus on the job in hand rather than your ego
  • Thanks for the Christmas gift West ham ;angry ;angry ;angry
  • steve said:

Thanks for the Christmas gift West ham ;angry ;angry ;angry

Least they didn’t miss any of us out Steve
  • Well that was largely horrendous.
  • NEoldiron said:

I just noticed on the lineup that Kouyate was playing, or was it a typo?

Define ‘playing’...
  • Just watched Kane show how a penalty should be taken.
  • We don't play Noble we don't win simples.

Oh and we don't score penalties either.

Is he back for Bournemouth ;pray
  • Why on earth would Ayew take that penalty instead of Arnie? Absolutely fuming about that. Utterly ridiculous.
  • I was laughing myself silly when palace allowed benteke to take theirs a couple of weeks ago.

Little did I know we’d be equally as idiotic

Many thanks Dave for that inspired piece of genius
  • So so disappointing
    So so West Ham
    Just when you think we've turned the corner they bring you straight back down to earth.
    Dreadful performance. Dreadful result.
    Not acceptable
  • So lets get this right we didn't make much or any attempt to win on Tuesday because we were concentrating on winning this afternoon. Great plan that? ;angry
  • Well that was largely horrendous.

And the rest of it was smally horrendous.

• Thought Moyes would lose a couple of games , but not this one
    ;cowboy
  • Baracks I think the difference was Benteke wasn't down to take a penalty but I bet Ayew was.
  • So lets get this right we didn't make much or any attempt to win on Tuesday because we were concentrating on winning this afternoon. Great plan that? ;angry

Sorry fortune I was wrong again
  • Still shooting ourselves in the foot i see, absolute shambles

No leadership on the pitch and no game management

We pretty much gave up a semi for that incompetent display
  • Yep, spot on SCHB. Absolutely disgrace for the second time in a week
  • Does anyone else have an issue with Reid's performance apart from his purely defensive duties? His distribution (and I have to include Ginger in this) is to just lump it upfield & hope it finds a West Ham player.
This discussion has been closed.