Less t’ think about? (Leicester H match thread Friday 24/11)

Comments

• Hart
    Zabaleta, Reid, Ogbonna, Cresswell
    Arnautovic, Rice, Obiang. Masuaku
    Martinez, Ayew
  • "We desperately need 3 points..." and are only 25 wins away from a spot in the Champions League. What could go wrong!!
    ;wahoo
  • West Ham could go wrong. They often do. ;weep
  • I think we will win this one. Moyes will get a reaction, if the players have anything about them at all they will be ashamed to come off the field with anything less than 3 points. A home win with a blood and thunder performance. Leicester won`t know what hit them. 3--0. ;angry
  • We need to avoid leaving big gaps for Vardy and Mahrez to use their pace and we must big organised when we win a corner no leaving one person on the halfway line please . Make them play in front of us we must sit fairly deep or we will get done by Vardy's pace .
  • The way we are playing at the moment, I think even Billericay would give us a close game. All we can do against Leicester is

;pray
  • Like always we ignore the opposition. I'm sure Leicester will just turn up and go through the motions to make like easier for us.

We are just not very good at this time so gaining points is more difficult than just reacting to the Manager or fans displeasure. We are in the relegation zone on merit and although I believe we will get out of trouble it is going to be a long road. A point or three against Leicester will be a first step but all will not be lost if we get none.

COYI
  • Relegation Deal With It ;cool
  • Thanks for the insight.
  • Antonio back to full training which is good news

Okay one thing I did note from the Watford game, Arnie played as a right winger with Zabaleta at RB but Lanzini played more of a roving role with Cressers pretty much on his own wide left. With Mahrez rampaging down the right we can't leave Cressers isolated so we need Lanzini back "in the hole" with someone either side who will track back
  • Arthur ;ok
  • Arnie on left & Antonio on right ;ok
  • Arnie behind someone in the middle (Sakho or AC), Antonio on right and Arthur on left (Lanzini buzzing about trying to make things happen) everybody else marking Vardy, Gray and Mahrez ;wahoo
  • Antonio and Arthur on the wings should be our best defensive option but also most energetic and direct. If AC is playing, it should definitely be our default, I think.
  • Hart
    Zab Reid Oggy Cress
    Antonio Rice Kouyate Masuaku
    Sakho Carroll
  • From Moyes today, no Antonio but Arnie is fit...

Gving an update on the injury situation he said: “Arnautovic looked really serious when he came off against Watford. Thankfully there’s no breaks but it was badly swollen. He’s fine and he’s trained with a good plaster on. He’s okay.

“Ayew was illness, but he’s taken a few days to find his feet. He’s back in amongst us. Michail Antonio is back among us but he’s short of match fitness, so he won’t be with us for the game.
    “James Collins is back training. We’re feeding him in and bringing him back. We need him back. I don’t think rushing him or Antonio back is the right thing to do with so many matches coming up.
    “It would be good to get some of the other boys back. Chicharito will start some running, hopefully, next week.”
  • Chicharito will start some running next week but hopefully the others will start some running tomorrow night.
  • It seemed that we brought injured players back into the first team too quickly under Bilic. Not sure if that was Bilic's decision or our medical staff (or a bit of both) but it seems under Moyes's reign, players will not be rushed back until they've fully recovered and fully built up their fitness.
  • Merson has us down to lose 3-1 ;thumbsup
  • Pity it wasn't Lawro ;biggrin
  • edited November 2017
    Only way we’re going to avoid defeat today is if we sit back and surrender the ball. But then again we did that at Watford.

Vardy, Mahrez and Gray will have a field day if we go at them. Need to make them play in front of us and ‘try’ and hit them on the break. Mahrez/Gray v Zabaleta? Vardy v Noble/Reid/Ogbonna?

It’s getting desperate now. Almost in December. But 6 points from the next two changes everything.

Not that 6 points looks likely at the moment.
  • Having a nice early drink to chill me out..
    Sadly these days I've found myself expecting little, so any more is a bonus !..
    coyi coyi coyi
  • What I want, what I expect, and what I will get, all seem to be a bit topsy turvy at the moment. Right now I would settle for a point and a decent performance.
  • Nah Wombat, let's get all three of the blighters ............... points or pints though ;hmm
  • Pints for certain. Points, mmm. That would be nice ;whistle
  • I'll buy you a pint a point for the points we get tonight ;ok
  • edited November 2017
    I agreed and then disagreed Wombat to your first post, I thought you said pint as well. ;beer I suppose a point would be a start, but I think we need all three. ;ok
  • Off for the pre-match prep. ;scarf ;sbrew

3--0 Arnautovic, Ayew, and a Noble penalty. ;goal
  • On our way to the game via the shop.

coyi
This discussion has been closed.