International break matches

1235»

Comments

• He's just what we need in midfield.

Unfortunately, that ship, if it ever was docked, has well and truly sailed now
  • So Argentina got through in the end we a Messi hatrick.

I see the USA got knocked out, not even making the playoffs.

Shame for "soccerball" where the MLS is getting crowds of 70K now.
  • Anyone know when the draw for the Playoffs is and the draw for the actual World Cup groups ?
  • Correct me if I'm wrong but theoretically he has a release clause so if we actually fork up the cash (big ask I know) sporting don't have a say....hence the release clause

Can't imagine us paying it regardless
  • edited October 2017
    Yeold - The draw for UEFA play-offs will be held at 12:00 noon on Tuesday 17 October

Seeding will be based on the FIFA rankings which I think will be updated on Saturday, if they stay the same as now then Switzerland (7), Italy (17), Croatia (18) and Northern Ireland (20) will be in Pot 1 with Sweden (23), Denmark (26), Ireland (34) and Greece (47) in Pot 2 so it is possible we could have Northern Ireland v Ireland.

USA lost 2-1 to Trinidad & Tobago, they don't deserve to go to the World Cup.

Australia will play Honduras, New Zealand will play Peru
  • World Cup Draw is 1st December
  • Northern Ireland vs Republic of Ireland.

What a match that would be.
  • ;sofa

On all sorts of levels...
  • UEFA Nations League...

I've read this, and am not much wiser, and now have a headache...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41580638
  • I watched the Ireland game we some Irish guys (we've now best friends, Guinness makes friends..)

They were looking forward to an all Ireland contest but wouldn't be a game for the purists I think.
  • I hadn't heard about this, nice and complicated....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/41580638
  • My brain hurts......
  • I have no idea how you qualify for anything based on this
  • Someone told me it was to replace friendlies, not qualifiers, but I'm just really confused now.
  • The qualifiers still take place, with the top 2 from the 10 groups going through.

Each of the four groups in the Cocamamie Cup will have play-offs among the group winners (or next best team not already qualified for Euros in the normal way), and each group (A-D) will have one place in the Euro finals.

• Its basically a second chance for smaller teams.
  • So essentially it means England can finally be relegated
  • So essentially it means England can finally be relegated

Can they get much lower ?
  • Just about the best Ireland and N Ireland could hope for in the play-off draw.

N Ire v Switzerland

Denmark v RoI