Changes to games and TV schedule

Comments

• All the matches were originally scheduled for the Saturday,

They list all the games as Saturday, I think, but that's just a 'placeholder' until the TV schedule comes out for the second part of the season. The games aren't really scheduled for that day, just for that week.

• edited December 2017
    Surely the spuds be happier with reduced gate they won’t want all of them seeing us beat them again would they !!
  • So we accept a ridiculous rescheduling just so that Spurs don't get their gate receipts reduced? What am I missing here?
  • Buffy the difference is we play Tuesday and Thursday instead of Sunday and Tuesday so do Spurs. It does of course mean we only have about three days to prepare for the cup game against the might of Shrewsbury.
  • It does of course mean we only have about three days to prepare for the cup game against the might of Shrewsbury.

And it also means we have a whole week to prepare for the very important West Brom game rather than only 2 days.
  • I'm not sure how much, if any 'agreement' we were entitled to.

Seems to me TV moved the game, the Old Bill, wouldn't have the full capacity for the time slot so the game was pushed back.

Don't know if we were allowed any input in that.
  • I'm not sure how much, if any 'agreement' we were entitled to.

Seems to me TV moved the game, the Old Bill, wouldn't have the full capacity for the time slot so the game was pushed back.

Don't know if we were allowed any input in that.

There was a full round of fixtures on 30th and 31st Dec if the Spurs game had been played as scheduled, I doubt we could have been forced to re-arrange the game without our agreement given that it could have been played on either of those dates. The Old Bill didn't ban the game, simply restricted capacity, so surely we would have to have agreed the switch with Spurs.

• But Sky has by virtue of their contract, a right to choose a game to broadcast.
  • MrsGrey said:

But Sky has by virtue of their contract, a right to choose a game to broadcast.

Indeed, but the game was apparently scheduled for 2.15 on 31st, and could have gone ahead at that time with a capacity of 43k. Obviously Spurs weren't happy with that, but I fail to see why we were obliged to keep them happy and agree to re-arrange it. Sky happy, police happy, Spurs unhappy, sounds like win win win to me.

Strikes me nothing in it for our fans, what was in it for GSB to agree to it?
  • I agree buffy. We got 2700 for the re arranged fixture when we would have probably got the same number if played on Sunday
  • <

Strikes me nothing in it for our fans, what was in it for GSB to agree to it?

Well if you are right, the fans are in the same position - same number of tickets for either date.

How does one date disadvantage the fans more than the other? I'm not sure what you are getting at?
  • One more goal for Arsenal and we move up a place
  • MrsGrey said:

How does one date disadvantage the fans more than the other? I'm not sure what you are getting at?

One is on a Sunday with the next day a bank holiday, and one is a school night
    I know which one I would prefer
  • Oooh! October 20th, my birthday. Nice 3 points pressie please. ;wahoo

Hi Giant
    ;ok
    my birthday too ;weep and Christmas not much better ;scarf
  • edited December 2017
    expat

Of course, there will be individual preferences depending on each person's situation.

Some may not have been able to go on NYE, but can on a Thursday, so are better off by the change.

That's not really what I was getting at.
  • A bit more Googling, the decision to restrict capacity was taken by the Safety Advisory Group for Wembley National Stadium at Brent Council

I'm working New Years Eve and off Thursday so this works out fine for me
  • edited February 2018
    I hate Monday night games ;weep

Although that 23rd April one works out OK for me because I am away that weekend and wouldn't get to watch it otherwise. ;wahoo

#conflicted
  • Once bitten twice shy? Not me. I got given flights for Christmas to take in our game against Man U..........cancelled. I then took a chance and bought flights to take in the Stoke game......moved. Grrrrrrrrr!!
  • All bar the Stoke game could well be changed so don't hold your breath at the moment.
  • None of them will be changed now the TV games have been announced.
  • Three of them are dependent on Champions League and Europa League games.
  • Europa League is on Thursday so the Arsenal game won't be affected. Chelsea will be out of Europe by then and teams have previously played Sunday / Tuesday so I don't think the City game will be affected.
  • Newly-announced Premier League fixtures live on Sky Sports:

Saturday, April 7: Man City v Man Utd (5.30pm)*

Sunday, April 8: Everton v Liverpool (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 8: Chelsea v West Ham (4.30pm)*

Monday, April 9: Arsenal v Southampton (8pm)

Saturday, April 14: Southampton v Chelsea (12.30pm)

Saturday, April 14: Spurs v Man City (7.45pm)

Sunday, April 15: Newcastle v Arsenal (1.30pm)

Sunday, April 15: Man Utd v West Brom (4pm)

Monday, April 16: West Ham Utd v Stoke (8pm)

Friday, April 20: Brighton v Tottenham (8pm)**

Sunday, April 22: West Brom v Liverpool (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 22: Man City v Swansea (4.30pm)***

Monday, April 23: Arsenal v West Ham Utd (8pm)****

Saturday, April 28: Liverpool v Stoke (12.30pm)*

Sunday, April 29: West Ham v Man City (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 29: Man Utd v Arsenal (4.30pm)*

Monday, April 30: Spurs v Watford (8pm)*

* Subject to movement due to Champions League

** Subject to movement due to FA Cup

*** Subject to movement due to Champions League and FA Cup

**** Subject to movement due to Europa League
  • Plans have had to be changed, fans that have purchased ticket for the games and tickets for the train and changed their shifts now can not go to the game.

The FA sold their sole to the devil and now we are paying the price.

Pundits bang on about lack of atmosphere as they are sat in a studio for a Sunday 4:15 kick off between Southampton and Citeh....

;angry
  • Plans have had to be changed, fans that have purchased ticket for the games and tickets for the train and changed their shifts now can not go to the game.
    ;angry

;puzzled Which game?

The schedule for those games was never announced?
  • The Stoke game...
  • Here, here,Suz well said ;clap
  • edited February 2018
    Suz, I'm not unsympathetic but it's my understanding that that the April fixtures were (for all clubs) showing as Saturday 3pm just because they had to be shown as something in the fixture list. This has been a standard method for many years now, with the actual date and times of the matches announced in tranches throughout the year, as the TV schedules are finalised.

I can see that it is frustrating if arrangements have been made assuming it would be a 3pm Saturday KO, and they now have to be re-arranged. But this information (that the games are not confirmed for that day and time) is well publicised - and it's like that every season. The game hasn't actually been 'moved.'

(Too late now, but maybe worth remembering the likelihood of this to avoid future disappointment ;hug )
  • I was cross on someone else's behalf way before checking any of the information provided..