Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• For anyone struggling to be excited by Hernandez:

• Isn't it strange, in the space of a week, if all pans out as rumoured, we will have three new signings and the one which would be the club record signing would represent the "least exciting" of the three in the eyes of many (myself included)
  • Arnie will give us more than just goals and assists.

He'll get into the box, run at defences and cause a threat in behind. Allowing other players to have more space.
  • I'm most excited for Arnie too, rbh.

He has that X factor that we lack. He's quick, he's strong, he scores a few. He's got the arrogance to beat players and do something special and I love that.

I know people are saying they want someone who does it week in week out, but realistically how many of those are there?
  • How often did Payet just fade?
  • Alderz,

You're right in that players who produce magic week after week are rare and don't spend very long at West Ham anyway.

I think my concern with someone like Arn is, when he's not 'on', how 'off' is he the rest of the time? Does he still contribute? Track back? I genuinely have no idea as I haven't seen him enough.
  • Don't quite understand the Sky article.

Says Arne will sign a 5 year deal and be one of the top earners.

Yet says he's to discuss personal terms today? So they know what our provisional offer is then?
  • It's almost as if they haven't got a clue... ;whistle
  • Twist,

I think Arn is a player capable of magic, but he seems a bit like he does it when he wants.

For that money, we need more than that. We need week in, week out, really.

Just hope he does it for us.

It might also take some pressure off Ayew, no longer being the record signing.

I see your point, Jorderz, but i just think he is the sort of player we need, plays out wide and is a goal threat.

The fee isn't too bad when you consider Swansea want £50milion for Sigurdsson.
  • This thread doesn't show as unread for me when there's new posts :disappointed:
  • eski, it will, at some point. There's a glitch in the software where that happens every time comments are moved from one thread to another.

It goes back to normal after a while.

It's a mystery.

(Another incentive for people to try to post in the right thread ;wink )
  • In the last week, Hart's reported wages at Citeh have been:

£100,000
    £135, 000
    £175, 000

We have reportedly

agreed to pay half
    have to pay 90%
    paid a premium on the loan fee so Citeh would carry on paying some of his wages

He completed (and passed) a medical on Saturday, before actually having the medical on Monday.

It's almost like they don't really know, isn't it?
  • If you say enough, there's bound to be some truth in there somewhere.
  • Jord ;ok

I'm going to look at some stats and try to tell you
  • If Chicarito and Arnautovic join Zabaleta and Hart that is very good business indeed.
    If only Andy could actually be fit and we get another good midfield player we would have the makings of a very good side.
    I will not be blowing any bubbles just yet lets see how we start with three away games!!
  • I just took a real quick look at Squawka (I would do more but I'm busy today). They have 'best' and 'worst' awards for players. It's like 'best player in team', 'best in possession', 'best defence' things like that.

In the last 5 seasons he has played 150 league matches (Stoke and Bremen). He has had 34 'Best' awards, and 50 'Worst'.

I also just took the match ratings from WhoScored for both Arnautovic and Michail Antonio from last season and plotted them on a box and whisker. Antonio is the red one. Basically, what this tells us is that when Antonio is better when 'on' and better when 'off' than Arnautovic.

mavsma
  • Ald, but Antonio can not play on both sides of the pitch simultaneously, though. Although ... copy past? Maybe we can do the same to AC (we would then always hava a spare AC if one gets injured) and to Reid?

• If only Andy could actually be fit

That's a bit like me saying "if only I could get a date with Scarlett Johansson"
  • baracks

Not really.

He's made 54 appearances and scored 16 goals in the last 2 seasons. Not as many as we'd like, but I'm pretty sure he was fit in those games.
  • Alderz ;bowdown

I've no doubt Arn will delight at times.

I'm just concerned about the rest of the time. It's alright for him not to be constantly be magic, but we aren't good enough for him to be a passenger 3 games out of 4, particularly with defensive responsibilities.

But let's hope he does the business big time ;ok
  • If he aint playing well we still have Snodgrass Feghouli Lanzini Ayew who can play there if needed
  • Mourinho on West Ham: "They have got Joe Hart, Chicharito and Arnautovic. It looks like they are playing to win the Premier League, too."
  • edited July 2017
    Munich - I take your point.

I've just done it again with Arnautovic, Antonio, Ayew, Feghouli and Lanzini.

Basically, what you see from this, is that Arnautovic performs at a much higher standard than Feghouli and Ayew. When Lanzini scores or assists he tends to dominate the game, whereas the others are capable of just popping up with a goal and little else on occasion.

Antonio is basically the most consistent, but Arnie and Lanzini alongside him would make a potent and pretty consistent forward line.

mavsma
  • I've just noticed you cant even see Ayew in the first column, so i've added a box in paint to show where abouts he ismavsma
  • If you say enough, there's bound to be some truth in there somewhere.

Lukerz ITK. ;lol

• If only Andy could actually be fit

That's a bit like me saying "if only I could get a date with Scarlett Johansson"
    He is fit half the time so when are you seeing Scarlet? ;wink
  • IronHerb said:

If you say enough, there's bound to be some truth in there somewhere.

Lukerz ITK. ;lol
    Exactly ;cool
  • alderz ;star
This discussion has been closed.