Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued)

Comments

• Just checked on google. It is currently a 9h12m trip from Leverkusen to Graz not counting holiday traffic so no way would you do a return journey in a day.

You could though, surely, in 18 hours 24 minutes. And be well over half way back if you fancied trying for there, back and there again.
  • I think they might fly him in if this was to be the case
  • edited July 2017
    Not really. The routes into Austria are notorious for their traffic jams, especially since there is a lot of holiday traffic going on. I very much doubt he could to it in less than 24h if he took a car. If you did it just for the sake of it I would tell you to get a life ;wink
  • edited July 2017
    It's alright Munich. He literally crept in, crawling the whole way and crossing the border through a 4ft high tunnel
  • South American, you say? ;hmm
  • 87.... ;cool

IMG_1279
  • Central American I believe
  • Mexico is in North America.
  • Only four Premier League strikers have better minutes per goal ratio than Javier Hernandez - Aguero, Kane, Henry & Van Nistelrooy
  • edited July 2017
    I wasnt fussed if we got him or not. However, until personal terms etc are done and its confirmed he's ours on the official site there'll be no ;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo from me or handle changes to the likes of Hernanbaz )

#Bats ;weep
  • edited July 2017
    Well Leverkusen have said goodbye and thanks on their twitter site ;hmm
  • just hope those pesky spurs are not waiting to mug us .hate it when they do that ;biggrin
  • Spurs won't get him. Why would he sit on the bench watching Kane? He's already been a long term sub at Man Utd. I dont think he'll go anywhere he won't be considered first choice.
  • Randolph off to Boro apparently. £4.5m.

Very good business
  • edited July 2017
    So for the money we got for Valencia and Nordveit plus Randy we have signed a striker, seems like good business...

We still have the whole transfer budget remaining... Arnie plus the guy from Italy and wilshere...

A lad can dream..
  • edited July 2017
    We still have the whole transfer budget remaining.
    Not really.

Randy/Hart - break even on sales/loan fee. For this year. We'll need money to buy another keeper next summer (Hart or A.N. Other).
  • ;hmm who does this A. N. OTHER play for
  • Article seems a little premature. Surely there's still time for somebody else (better) to nip in ahead of us?

I really hope this hasn't been done to keep the Twitter brigade happy.
  • Zab. Hart. Hernandez. Quality players who will instantly improve the first team.

Arn is a bit ;hmm for me. Feels like we are signing him hoping he'll be better than he currently is. But I hope he makes me look like an idiot.
  • Zab. Hart. Hernandez. Quality players who will instantly improve the first team.

Arn is a bit ;hmm for me. Feels like we are signing him hoping he'll be better than he currently is. But I hope he makes me look like an idiot.

Hopefully ;wink

I am actually more excited by Arnautovic than Hernandez ;hmm
  • From Sky Sports just now:

BREAKING NEWS

Stoke's Marko Arnautovic is set to have his medical with West Ham tomorrow. It is understood he will sign a five-year deal and the fee could rise to around £25m.

He will become the highest-paid player at the club.
  • Highest paid player?! Hart?
  • Twist,

I think Arn is a player capable of magic, but he seems a bit like he does it when he wants.

For that money, we need more than that. We need week in, week out, really.

Just hope he does it for us.

It might also take some pressure off Ayew, no longer being the record signing.
  • From Sky Sports just now:

BREAKING NEWS

Stoke's Marko Arnautovic is set to have his medical with West Ham tomorrow. It is understood he will sign a five-year deal and the fee could rise to around £25m.

He will become the highest-paid player at the club.

I like Arnie but he's very inconsistent and missing more often than he's a match winner. Surely there are better options to spend this kind of money on?
  • The thing for me with arnie is that he is very good at what he does, flair, dribbling etc. But a huge reason I'm looking forward to him is, he is very good at makings runs from out wide to in behind the CBs.. loads of times I've seen a through ball over the top by the likes of whelan/Adam and it's been arnie running in off the flank to get through on goal... add to that the runs Hernandez will be making, Lanzini/Obiang will have a field day with there vision....

I know people fear his inconsistency -and I'm sure people will say something along the lines of "for that money we need more than that" - but winger wise, he is not the be all and end all for us like at Stoke. If he's having an off patch, we have more capable players than stone to drop him for a game or sub him during... especially if we are looking to sell snoddy and feghouli and replace with the likes of keita....
  • Problem we also have is genuine creativity, if Lanzini isn't on the ball we lack any rhythm

While Arnautovic is inconsistent he is very good technically and on the ball he should help lighten the load off Lanzini

He wouldn't be in my top choices but he's coming and he's got a good experience so gonna try get behind him
  • Di Canio was inconsistent but on his day could win you matches with his brilliance. If arnie is having an off day we have options . I like the thought of him and Antonio bombing down the flanks with the other one coming in at the back post for the delivery whilst CB mark Hernandez . I think we will be a lot better counter attacking next season
  • Highest paid player at the club ;hmm

Carroll is on a reported £90k. Lanzini is said to be getting a new contract to put him on a par with that. Hernandez is likely to be our first £100k a week player, so is Arnie going to to be on more than that?

Can't see it myself.
  • Doesn't really mater though does it?
  • Doesn't matter, no, but I'd be surprised if he was
This discussion has been closed.