Andy Carroll

Comments

• Moojor,

Some fans believe football should be their life and they should show the right amount of dedication to ensure they can fulfill their potential. AC doesn't appear to make the right decisions to protect his already fragile body. Other sportsmen and women only got to the top by putting in a lot of hardwork and went through significant pain to reach the pinnacle of their profession. ;ok

As Big Sam said, some fans are deluded. Football isn't their life, their family and their friends are their life. Football is their job.
  • edited July 2017
    pearces ;ok

So, as said - they had the weekend off between the 2 training camps.
  • edited July 2017
    IronHerb said:

I thought the photos were from his wife's instagram. ;hmm

Sorry, Herb, that might have been my post being inadvertently misleading.

The 2 pics twist posted aren't from his wife's Instagram, but from somewhere else.

I was referring separately to pics SHE published at the weekend, which included a pic of her and AC together, and where she referred to her sister's birthday. (Someone had asked whether anyone knew the context of the so-called 'party pictures', which is why I mentioned the Instagram thing.)
  • Oh! ;whistle
  • After all the hysteria concerning AC's Majorca all nighter, he's now gone into hiding!

horse
  • edited July 2017
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Allegedly ;wink

(tbh, that opinion piece comes across as 'I don't want to keep reading about you in the gossip columns'. Which is, imo, a bit pathetic. But there you are.)
  • Screenshot_20170725-214118

shot_2017-07-25_21-42-51

What a pro ;lol

Those defending him in the above posts... You have no right to moan at him when he is injured. He is a professional athlete, if your telling me 'who cares', well I do and so do lots of others, I feel like he's hacking the mick out of the club
  • IronHerb said:

He doesn't help himself.

People may be quick to jump on him but he provides plenty of ammo.

He's out with his wife. Thats ammo?
    Not his wife. She's pregnant with their second child. Which makes it even worse. He's out partying whilst she's pregnant. Classy guy
  • Do what you want when you are 35 and retired (lucky so and so) but you we contracted to a football club
  • MrsGrey said:

Allegedly ;wink

Pot and kettle springs to mind
  • IronHerb said:

He doesn't help himself.

Not his wife. She's pregnant with their second child. Which makes it even worse. He's out partying whilst she's pregnant. Classy guy
    Would be interested to hear the ladies of this forum and what they think about that?
    Or is it ok because he had a couple of days off?
  • Anyway that's all I've got to say on the subject. Surprised at the reaction to my post this morning.
    Eh oh guess we're very different people.

Night
  • MrsGrey said:

Allegedly ;wink

Pot and kettle springs to mind
    You miss my reference. Re-read the c+h article, and see if you can spot it.
  • edited July 2017
    Twist - see where you're coming from bud. ;ok

At the end of the day, if he wants to spend his days partying, go ahead. His life.

Just don't expect to fulfil your potential as a top level striker. ;ok

If he's happy to look back on his career and say 'I could've done more', fair enough.
  • edited July 2017

IronHerb said:

He doesn't help himself.

Would be interested to hear the ladies of this forum and what they think about that?
    My own view is that it's not unreasonable for someone to have a night out during the 9-month period while his partner is pregnant. But my view is irrelevant. It's her view that counts. And as I don't have all the relevant info on the circumstances, I'm not going to judge. But you carry on. ;ok
  • Te other players are back from holiday why isn't he

Should fine him every week he's not here focusing on his recovery

Think he should be moved on but can't see any suitors (which shows us even other clubs don't think he's worth it)
  • edited July 2017
    Thought better of it
  • I'm not sure why fans think they get to decide how a player should or shouldn't behave in his personal time. Pretty sure having a few beers isn't going to break his leg.

Being good at football doesn't make you a slave to the moral righteousness of fans who have clearly never been out for a drink or two with their mates while on holiday.
  • But he's already had his holiday.....

Why should he be allowed extra for playing LESS last year
  • But Champo, we don't know the facts or the context. It could well be a landmark birthday or a wedding and why shouldn't he be allowed 2 or 3 days to attend? And if so, what does it matter if he has a few drinks the first of those days? If we had all the facts then I might well agree with yourself and twist, but we don't. So benefit of the doubt and all that, yeah?
  • If the tweet is right and he was smashed out his head at 6 in the morning. He has let himself and the club down. I can't believe for one second a guy who has being injured would have being told by the club have a weekend off for X birthday feel free to get smashed and drunk till 6 in the morning.
  • So currently the "evidence" against AC is 1 picture of him sitting on a wall, 1 of someone taking a selfie with him and 1 tweet in which someone didn't think to actually take a picture of AC totally of his head.

Wow. That is some damning stuff right there.

As for the comments about him going out while his wife is pregnant. I can only imagine that people moaning about this aren't parents. Just because a women is pregnant it doesn't make her an invalid.
    It doesn't mean that she is stuck indoors for 9 months unable to do anything for herself and requires waiting on hand and foot. Pretty much until going in to Labour she will be able to get on and do just about all the things she could normally do.

If she was giving birth and he was out on the town that would be pretty bad, but just going out while she is pregnant.

Talk about looking at things to get offended about.

Lastly any holiday time or non training time will have 100% been agreed with the club. This isn't him calling in a sickie and then heading off for a weekend jolly. He will have re-hab to do outside of any official training stuff and I would assume that he is doing that as required.
  • edited July 2017

Te other players are back from holiday why isn't he

Should fine him every week he's not here focusing on his recovery

The whole squad had the weekend off after the first training camp (which he was on) before reporting back for more training again on Monday.

The club doesn't (rightly) control where they go in that time. Adrian and Lanzini (as I understand from social media - could be wrong) went to Spain.

• Lanzini is always jetting off when there is a break.
  • Antonio went to Legoland or some such place.
  • ;nonono Lego can be dangerous!
  • edited July 2017
    But I don't think it's the going away that's the problem. Had Carroll gone to Legoland had enjoyed a latte and light salad then there wouldn't be this reaction.

I think it's more that going on an all night bender probably isn't conducive with getting in prime condition for the start of the season.
  • Stepping on it bare foot is serious pain..... ;weep
  • OCS,

Pretty sure Carroll knows better than the outraged masses what it takes to be a professional footballer, and how to stay in shape.

It's never his weight and/or fitness that's an issue, it's physical injuries.

I'm pretty sure a couple of beers won't hurt his ankles or knees.