London stadium seating

Anyone know where there is a seating plan for the stadium? I just got my seat for Watford and would like to know exactly where seat row 10 is in relation to pitch. For the Bournemouth game I was in row 21 which had an ok view. Is row 10 nearer the pitch than 21?

Comments

• edited September 2016
    9YUO6MLQU162

This seems to be reasonably accurate.

Row 1 is at the front and then count away from the pitch ;ok
  • No seating mate.
  • Cheers Iron, closer to pitch than last time then.
  • Ticket is behind the goal 2 blocks away from away fans
  • Reconfigured, I hear. To meet the compliant of being too far away. Info on club site, can't post the link at the moment.
  • edited August 2020
    Some images swiped from Twitter

• Those pictures don't really give a lot away. Shock!
  • edited July 2021
    From the Telegraph -

Taxpayers are to pick up a £35m bill for new seats and stewards at West Ham’s state-owned stadium in east London.

The Exchequer will shell out £14.5m for fresh seating as the club redevelops its West Stand to bring fans close to the pitch. Another £20.5m of public money will go on providing West Ham with stewards over the next four years, according to contracts disclosed by the Government.

Owned by millionaire duo David Gold and David Sullivan and run by Baroness Karren Brady, West Ham pays £3m a year to the taxpayer-backed London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) for its stadium, under an agreement dubbed the “deal of the century” when it was struck in 2016. LLDC shoulders the costs of the ground.

Interesting as it states 'fresh seating as the club redevelops its West Stand'
  • IronHerb said:

From the Telegraph -

Taxpayers are to pick up a £35m bill for new seats and stewards at West Ham’s state-owned stadium in east London.

The Exchequer will shell out £14.5m for fresh seating as the club redevelops its West Stand to bring fans close to the pitch. Another £20.5m of public money will go on providing West Ham with stewards over the next four years, according to contracts disclosed by the Government.

Owned by millionaire duo David Gold and David Sullivan and run by Baroness Karren Brady, West Ham pays £3m a year to the taxpayer-backed London Legacy Development Corporation (LLDC) for its stadium, under an agreement dubbed the “deal of the century” when it was struck in 2016. LLDC shoulders the costs of the ground.

Interesting as it states 'fresh seating as the club redevelops its West Stand'

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Landlord pays for renovation work on a property it owns!
  • The club have played a blinder here. Only a matter of time until they get it for pennies.
  • edited July 2021
    The club didn't play a blinder, they were handed it on a plate. I knew someone who was part of Newham Council's team at the negotiations and LLDC seemed to be under instructions to agree to just about anything.
  • Well they had to bid for it didn’t they? Also accept the terms of 99 year tenants?
  • edited July 2021
    Ours was the only realistic bid

Spurs were never going to get it with their proposal to move the stadium to Crystal Palace and build a "proper" football stadium at Stratford, they just wanted to blackmail Haringey council with the threat of moving out of the borough to drop a load of Section 106 requirements.

The 99-year lease was announced in August 2010, it was unlikely to change after negotiations started
  • Say what you want about G&S but in terms of running a business the LD deal is exceptional
  • I agree but it was "soft" negotiating by the LLDC rather than hard bargaining by our lot

Boris wanted a Premier League club in the stadium and left the financial mess behind for others to deal with

It lost £27m in 2019 and various sources calculated that being closed during the pandemic has actually saved taxpayers £5m!
  • Boris wasn’t PM when we got the stadium. I think it was Cameron and he didn’t want the stadium to go to waste as a stand alone athletics venue which was what Coe was wanted
  • Coe just wanted HIS legacy to athletics paid for by Joe Public.
  • Wasn't Boris mayor of London at the time?
  • He was mayor at the time and he did push for the stadium to be fully utilised and lobbied parliament to that effect.
  • Boris wasn’t PM when we got the stadium. I think it was Cameron and he didn’t want the stadium to go to waste as a stand alone athletics venue which was what Coe was wanted

Even before he was elected Mayor in 2008 Boris said that he wanted to bring a football team to the Olympic Stadium. Nothing to do with Cameron

Coe's plans were sound, a 25k athletic stadium to replace Crystal Palace with a comparatively low operating cost. Instead we've got a huge stadium haemorrhaging taxpayers' money that is never likely to break even

Fantastic
  • Yes, fantastic with all the Champions League football that we will be seeing there!
  • We should have let Orient have it
  • yoyo, They should have had the hockey stadium.
  • edited July 2021
    yoyo said:

We should have let Orient have it

Orient were offered it in its 25k form but Barry Hearn said it would be unsuitable for football with the athletics track between the pitch and the fans.

When it became obvious we'd be moving about a mile down the road from them they put in a rival bid but like Spuds bid it wasn't realistic. Simply we were the only viable option, no one else stood a chance

yoyo, They should have had the hockey stadium.

They asked for it and got turned down
  • Can we use Massiver? 🤔😁
  • IronHerb said:

Can we use Massiver? 🤔😁

No! =)