The David Moyes Thread

Comments

• Bubbles

I think I need to turn something back on. Been meaning to do it for ages. Will try to sort it today.
  • Grey are you referring to the team or the forum.
  • Oh if only Grey had that kind of power over the team :lol:
  • Moyes to be offered 18 month fixed contract this morning, according to The Telegraph.
  • Won’t be long before a new West Ham’s new boss thread is created if that is the case
  • Still seems like some sort of protest is going to continue for the Bournemouth game.
  • You're a football manager who believes you are good enough to manage in the PL.

Which squad would you prefer to inherit;

Norwich

Watford

Villa

West Ham

Bournemouth

Southampton

Brighton

Burnley

Zero point imo inheriting that squad if we put David Moyes in the driving seat.

A completely uninspiring appointment for me. Screams P A N I C
  • Amazing to think we were 5th and level on points with Leicester when Fabianski got injured.

• From what I've read, Bielsa turned us down post-Allardyce because he didn't want to work for Sullivan. Given the very public - and not very professional - way in which he and Brady work, I wouldn't be surprised if other top-end managers with genuine ambition felt the same way.

Although I hate our current owners and what they've done to our club, Sullivan has definitely reined in his desire to always be seen and heard, imo, for which we should all be thankful.
  • Amazing to think we were 5th and level on points with Leicester when Fabianski got injured.

I genuinely believe if he’d have stayed fit we’d be in top 7 minimum and yes wouldn’t be entertaining moyes in conversation one jot
  • Lukerz said:

Moyes to be offered 18 month fixed contract this morning, according to The Telegraph.

:weep: :weep:
  • Honestly, as long as the players are happy to have Moyes back, I don’t care as much. The players are the ones who play, not the fans.

Would I rather have someone else? Probably. But if he can get the players engaged and enjoying their football again, then I’ll welcome Moyes back.
  • Adam said:

Honestly, as long as the players are happy to have Moyes back, I don’t care as much. The players are the ones who play, not the fans.

Would I rather have someone else? Probably. But if he can get the players engaged and enjoying their football again, then I’ll welcome Moyes back.

And another agree :ok:
  • What is the record of managers returning to clubs they previously coached?
    The most recent I can think of is Quique Sánchez Flores at Watford, and that didn't turn out well did it. :whistle:
  • Husillos gone as well according to KUMB
  • Ultimately, more than anything else I want to see us working hard, fitter, structured, organised and harder to beat.

There has been some very pretty football under Pelle but we have also been laughably outrun and pushed around over and over again.

Like grey says, there’s serious, serious talent in the squad. I genuinely believe if Moyes can improve the defence and get us fitter, and give players like Felipe, Lanzini, Fornals, Yarmo and Haller confidence, he could take us comfortably into the top half by the end of the season.
  • whoever takes over will have Fab back, an improving Fornals, hopefully an improving Anderson, a more match fit Antonio and the chance to play to Hallers strengths
  • I don't see many of our GREAT squad getting in the starting 11 of many teams in the top 8 which is where we aspire to be. Moyes last time out was 9 wins in 31 games. Not top 8 stats. If it is him , then I genuinely wish him well as we all want the team to succeed, but it's not an inspiring choice for many fans, just a free unemployed and available manager who no-one else has wanted in the last 18 months. The main thing, I guess,is that he doesn't have to inspire the fans, just the players.
  • Moyes took over a squad devoid of confidence last time and gradually got them out the bottom three and up the table so basically the same job as last time . May not be the most inspiring of managers but I will back whoever takes over unless it’s Pulis
  • edited December 2019
    BBC comment
    1004. DaveSeagull

"Listen to Pellegrini's TV/Radio interviews - how can he get his ideas across when he can barely string half a dozen English words together!"

Well he could probably get his ideas across to half the team in Spanish, whereas the only one who will definitely understand Moyes is Snodgrass.
    :biggrin:
  • He'll have us playing 5 4 1 and will probably still lose.

The thing is, I don't know what the answer is.
  • edited December 2019

:hmm:

Who did we beat when he was in charge. Genuinely can't remember.
  • edited December 2019

Banter club
  • I get Moyes would be an unpopular choice for many, but if the above is true, I like it. I want someone who values himself, and thinks he can do a job over a period of time.
  • I just don't understand how they can get rid of him in the first place if he was doing such a fantastic job but now want him back. I get if they want a shirt term fix bit it sounds like he's getting it for the long term.
  • Well if it is Moyes I will have to accept it, would rather someone else but we need in our situation and position to have someone in place quick. I guess Pochettino’s phone was engaged and Benitez was in his bath and couldn’t come to the phone to speak to Sullivan....
  • I'm getting so much stick from mates :weep:
  • Moyes won 9 drew 10 lost 12 last time mid table form when he took over a team in the bottom 3 , I don’t think we are in a position to attract much better at the moment. I think the players liked him last time he will definitely get us fitter and more organised we still have the players to hurt teams we need to stop shipping two goals a game first. If he is appointed he will keep us up I think if we had stuck with Pellegrini we would have gone down . I just want a team that isn’t knackered after 60 mins , a team set up with a chance to win and a team that has a bit of passion about it. We seem to have no style of identity under Pellegrini I wish Moyes all the best hopefully a home win against Bournemouth to start off with
  • Sad we have come to this ,But guess i will get behind moyes what choice do we have :