ManUtd (H) - 29 Sept 18 12:30pm ko - Match Thread

edited September 2018 in Match Threads
So 4 points in the last two games.

8 goals in last nights cup game.

ManUtd in turmoil (I don’t care if they are not, in my head they are).

Can we beat ManUtd and get Mounio the sack ;devil

Please place your mutterings below.

;scarf

Comments

• Can we beat ManUtd and get Mounio the sack ;devil

Haven't we done that kind of stuff before? I think when he was with Chelsea.
  • nothing to fear from the Man Utd team other than Lukaku who is bound to score...

Hopefully Arnie is back.
  • In 1983 we beat Bury 10-0, the Saturday before that we drew 0-0, the Saturday after we drew 0-0.

;hmm
  • I took my eldest son to his first match against Bury, stood up the front in the
    chicken run, and he was so pleased I took him, he was only 7, and thought
    that was a normal score as we were so good.
    ;lol
  • In 1983 we beat Bury 10-0, the Saturday before that we drew 0-0, the Saturday after we drew 0-0.

;hmm

But we ‘only’ won 8-0 this time around. That means we are owed 2 goals. So, the third game should be 2-0.

;hmm
  • edited September 2018
    Suz first of all I don't mutter others on here might but not me ,having said that no better time to meet them so nothing but a 3-0 win will do for me ,those of you that do mutter you know who you are .I still love you all ;biggrin ............... ;hmm my big grin did not come up
  • Fab
    Zab Balbeuna Diop Masuaku
    Noble Rice Obiang
    Yarmo Arnie Anderson

Would be tempted to change Balbuena & Masuaku for Oggy and Cressy...But they deserve to keep their place after Chelsea
  • I think Moanrinho will want a reaction after being beat by Derby hopefully it will be a negative one . Its going to be a tough game if Arnie is fit I think we have a chance a nicking a win
  • edited September 2018
    Fabianski
    Zabaleta - Balbuena - Diop - Masuaku
    Noble - Rice - Obiang
    Yarmolenko - Anderson
    Arnautovic

Adrian, Ogbonna, Fredericks, Snodgrass, Diangana, Antonio, Perez

There are still a couple of ? for me in that 11 but I think consistency is the way to go. If no Arnie then Antonio up top again.
  • Agree Luke's, though I think we need Sanchez on the bench. Though Noble looked quite tired for a while against Chelsea.
  • Outcast - Sanchez hobbled off on Wednesday, according to the Mirror its a medial collateral ligament injury and he could be out for the rest of the season.
  • Looking light for options in the middle following injuries to Sanchez and Jack

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coventry on the bench, he's probably the closest to a 'holding midfielder'out of himself, Powell & Diangana
  • Zabaleta can play DM in a pinch or we could see the return of Reece Oxford.
  • Hoping Man Utd start doing a Chelsea from this game onwards, losing all their games until the "special one" leaves.
  • edited September 2018
    Moojor said:

Hoping Man Utd start doing a Chelsea from this game onwards, losing all their games until the "special one" leaves.

That looks better ;biggrin
  • Fear the Official Site
    https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/2018/september/28-september/west-ham-united-v-manchester-united-all-you-need-know

All you need to know eh. Well lets try where and when;
    West Ham United v Chelsea
    Premier League
    London Stadium
    Sunday 23 September 2018, 1.30pm
    Does anyone at HQ read what they put out!

;nonono ;doh
  • I think Snodgrass might end up being a CM option for us in a pinch.

I'd also like to see some consistency, but I'm also tempted to say that there should be some reward for the performance midweek too.

Fabianski; Zabaleta Balbuena Diop Cresswell; Rice; Yarmolenko Noble Obiang Anderson; Arnautovic

subs: Adrian; Fredericks Masuaku; Snodgrass Diangana; Antonio Perez
  • Outcast - Sanchez hobbled off on Wednesday, according to the Mirror its a medial collateral ligament injury and he could be out for the rest of the season.

;ok Didn't get to see the game. Need someone then because I don't think Noble has the legs for a full game where we're defending. Though with Man U these days, we might not have to defend so much.
  • edited September 2018
    When you sense United are in town...

297EA420-F524-4BAF-B1AC-BD66C4299676
  • Lawro predicts we'll lose 2-0 but only after an 355 word rant about Mourinho, Pogba and the state of modern football.
  • I'll keep it short and sweet then. 2-1 home win.

COYI
  • IronHerb just had that on bet365 14/1 good shout
  • Would take a draw. Maybe a 2-2.

Their defence has goals in it for us, but Lukaku, Martial & Rashford always cause us issues. Not to mention Fellaini & Sanchez (who scored a few for Arsenal against us).

If we take the game to them we can get something. But they still have very good players.
  • Not gonna get to ambitious here, United are down but they have won 2 out of their 3 away games so far and probably are happy they aren't at Old Trafford after the week they've had

Its gonna be a very hard game
  • edited September 2018
    Also hope we see another good game from Dec as he has been hyped up a bit too much the last couple of weeks & often I have seen players slump after that sort of praise & make a couple of gaffes in the following game. Needs to keep up his form. I think his performances have been overblown by the fact we lost our first four games.
  • Home win ;wahoo

Batter them ;fishslap
  • On my way to the game coyi
  • alderz said:

I think Snodgrass might end up being a CM option for us in a pinch.

Was thinking this myself the other day. ;ok

I don't think he has the qualities to be a wide man at PL level. In the Championship, yes. But at PL level with the pace I don't think he is quick or nimble enough to play it. But I could certainly see him on the left of a midfield three. ;ok

Maybe even a No.10 at a push because he is quite technically gifted. Could even see him being a half decent LWB/LB.
  • Might be a bit like when Downing had that short revival? Except Snodgrass is better than Downing.
  • edited September 2018
    I have a lot of time for Snodddie, A proper professional ;clap and he has put in some good performances this season so far.
    Always willing to track back and help out his full back.
    Oh, and he's our best corner taker, both sides...sorry Mark
This discussion has been closed.