PL Season opening weekend - 10/08/18

ManUtd v Leicester live on your telly box.

Kelly Cates hosting with Carra & GNev.

;wahoo ;wahoo ;wahoo

Comments

• Man Utd 1-0 Leicester

Pogba from a pen.

Thanks to one of those hand balls were you wonder what the player was thinking ;doh
  • Early days but Maddison looking like a great buy
  • Maddison = one of the players I took out of my team during the week (because he was an injury doubt allied to Man Utd away first game) ;doh So he'll score, assist and general boss Man Utd in the 2nd half ;lol

I put in L Moura instead. He will get sent off just after scoring an own goal (As hes Spurs I'd probably take the points loss ;wink )
  • Nice to see your being very positive Rocky. ;wink
  • Its the time honoured tradition of opening fantasy football day ;wink
  • How poor is Sanchez? ;doh
  • I.H. I was thinking the same, not a shadow of his Arsenal days.
  • edited August 2018
    I've been traveling all day. Not seen any football. Read that comment and was ;weep because he's in my team. But, when I checked ... five points ;wahoo
  • Is this the only opening game in history not to include a new signing in either starting 11?
  • Splitting hairs but Kennedy is a new signing.
  • Much more entertaining than last night, imo.
  • edited August 2018
    Well it would be.

I watched last night but I’m missing this game because I’m in the hairdressers.
  • A bit conflicted considering the two teams involved but to be fair I enjoyed the Newcastle vs Spurs game, lots of energy, both keepers fully involved with chances falling to both teams.
  • I have spent a fair amount of time between the sticks and if someone hit a penalty against me like the one Chelsea hit against Huddersfield, it is possible that I would have totally lost it, rushed out and decked him.
  • Wolves v Everton on now.

Come on Wolves ;wahoo
  • Wolves finding their start to PL life hard.
  • Everton down to 10. Tbh, I'm not sure about it
  • Typical, Siggy, in one of my FF teams, gets sacrificed.
  • edited August 2018
    It’s a stone wall red Buffy. Studs up.

Goal from the resulting free kick.

1-1
  • 1-1 from resulting free-kick
  • edited August 2018

It’s a stone wall red Buffy. Studs up.

Goal from the resulting free kick.

1-1

Studs up but low to the ground. I'm not sure of the technicalities these days tbh, it's just that he didn't really lunge in, more reached for it. Not sure a Man Utd player gets a red there (pretty sure Rooney did something similar but much worse to us a season or 2 back and stayed on, perhaps guidelines have changed since then, or............... ;wink )
  • He was last man though wasn’t he
  • Buffy.

Serious foul play.
  • Supposedly for denial of a goal scoring opportunity, but Jakielka gets the ball first so that's harsh as well imo.
  • edited August 2018
    Buffy.

It’s a red.

Serious foul play, just had that part of the rules confirmed on BTSport by a ref.

Last man.

It’s a red.

Twice.
  • edited August 2018
    Either way, I'm not sure it was a red for all teams........

Would feel a tad hard done by if given against us as I'm not convinced it would be given to all our opponents.

Still, on the plus side, rightly or wrongly, I see Everton as more our competition than Wolves so more than happy for them not to win ;biggrin

Edit: posted before I saw your latest post Suzanne. The 4th official apparently informed the channel I'm watching that it was for denial of goal scoring opportunity lol.
  • Well that’s down to refereeing inconsistency not whether or not the offence/s is punishable by a red card.
  • edited August 2018
    What is it about Walcott? he seems to have it all yet almost always leaves you underwhelmed
  • 2-1 Everton, nice finish by Richarlison, but can't help feeling the keeper (as well as the defenders) shoulda done better.
  • Wow, near suicidal attempts to play out of defence by Wolves, lucky to get away with it.