Comparing Managerial Candidates

edited April 2018 in Management & Board
I've seen people talk about the idea of replacing Moyes in the summer, and I'm interested in finding out who people might be interested in. We'll try and limit it at 10 potential candidates, but if there are more than 10 realistic suggestions then i'll try and be a bit flexible.

I'm going to compile some stats about them all and I thought I would throw it out for suggestions.

At the moment I am including a bunch of demographic stuff and then:
- PL Jobs, Games, Wins, Win %
- Total Jobs, Games, Wins, Win %
- Total Experience (Time)
- % of Managerial Career Unemployed
- Times Sacked
- Honours
- Best Finish

If anyone has any ideas of what could be included alongside this data, I'd be interested in your suggestions, and then I'll compile it all and write something up.

;ok

Comments

• I'd stick with Moyes.
  • I agree Expat, I think he has done well in such a short time, and I can't think
    of anyone better who is available.
  • Shortest time/no. of games in a job? Although circumstances may affect this.
  • Something I think is interesting is that there is regularly a lot of chat about changing manager and Moyes maybe not being the man for the job, but in three hours we've not a single suggestion for another candidate.
  • Eddie Howe ;ok my first choice after Big Sam left and still is now. Young manager building a very nice squad. Think West Ham would be the perfect next step for him with a bit more resource than at Bournemouth reckon he will be a future England manager for sure.
  • Eddie Howe ;ok my first choice after Big Sam left and still is now. Young manager building a very nice squad. Think West Ham would be the perfect next step for him with a bit more resource than at Bournemouth reckon he will be a future England manager for sure.

Eddie Howe was the one I did when I was making sure my formulas all worked as I expected him, so thank you!

I have so far put in Moyes, Howe, Marco Silva & Rafa Benitez
  • ;whome no not Raffa...
  • Suz ;ok

I'm just putting in people I've seen suggested at various points
  • ;wave

We seem to have the same discussion spreading across more than one thread.

If I could ask that this one be used for suggestions and discussion of OTHER potential managers?

I'll tidy up, to save people having to post (or read) the same comment in 2 places.

Tvm
  • Eddie Howe would be great for nine months until he got homesick and went back to Bournemouth
  • Slaviša Jokanović
  • Good shout mate got Fulham playing good football in the main even got think this is how you pronounce mitrovic looking like a footballer and scoring goals, so if not Moyes why not
  • Moyes was at Fulham last night looking at Cairney apparently.
    Good player.