Darren Randolph Signs for Middlesbrough

This discussion was created from comments split from: Summer 2017 Transfer Speculation (continued).

Comments

• Randy gone for a cool £5m

IMG_20170722_142229
  • Pleased for Randy that he's got a club quickly.
  • That fee pays all of harts loan deal for a start which is good

Managed to recouping about £15mil from Nordtveit, Valencia and Randolph which isn't bad
  • So 2 out of three players we sold this summer we made a profit on, what's going on with my beloved WH... ;hmm

Good luck Randy you was a good professional...
  • Happy for Randolph and hopefully he'll be their number one.
  • I hope he does really well at 'Borough, he's a top bloke.

;weep
  • thanks and good luck Randy ;wave
  • One was bound to go once Hart signed. This was the worry for if the Hart loan goes bad, or goes well but then he doesn't sign for us. However of the two I think Adrian is the better 'keeper at their respective best's so pleased we kept him of the two. Whether he'll be happy as a no.2 though...

Overall, Randy was a good 'keeper for us and provided a tough challenge to a spot Adrian initially had locked down, and did well to push himself into his country's starting 'keeper spot too. Seemed very popular within our squad as well, and of course was a 'homegrown' (I'm still concerned how low our current squad is in that area).

For us almost a victim of his own success as I feel he used to be happy as a no.2 but since holding the first shirt for both us and country, can understand why he doesn't want to sink into the shadows again. I wish him well and thank him for his services. On a further positive, £5m for a player acquired on a free is a welcome rare profit in the transfer stakes for us!

Thanks Randy, and smash it for the smoggies!
  • Good luck randy ;thumbsup
  • Thank you Darren, and good luck for the future. ;ok ;wave
  • Nice guy but not good enough for the prem IMO good luck at boro randy ;ok