He's not the messiah, he's a very Nordtveit boy.

Comments

• Pleased with this. Nice bit of early bidness.

My only ;hmm thing is where will he play? Obiang is a DM and has struggled to displace Noble and Kouyate in the middle, so will SB go three in the middle to accommodate Nordtveit, or will Obiang be moved on, or will one of Noble or Kouyate make way?
  • Nice...

So what's the skinny on the lad?
  • So I guess we now have kouyte noble obiang and norbert all going for the same two places.

I hope we keep obiang have liked what I've seen of him.

The guy was captain and played he last game at CB, so gives us options and another good character in the squad and for free....
  • Good Signing imo . ;biggrin
  • Nice...

So what's the skinny on the lad?

DM who can play RB and CB although played mostly at CB this season, also was made captain four times.
  • Song out nordviet in a good start and saves us some wages aswell I reckon
  • Couple of German lads over here for a holiday reckon he's the real deal, was a star in the Bunders. Just sayin. Our defence certainly needs tightening up: it was worse than Arsenal's in the last few matches
  • edited May 2016
    ;wahoo

(I can't actually read that ;lol )

• Really? It's showing ok on mine, not huge, but legible.
    Red is Nordtveit, Blue is Noble, Orange is Drinkwater, Yellow is Dier, Green is Ramsey. Rest should be ok right?
  • Cheers, eski ;ok

I couldn't see which players were being compared!

Now that you have named them, I can decipher the teeny tiny writing (I'm on a laptop, so smaller screen).

Having looked again - so not really better than Mark Noble except in the air?

Obviously stats don't tell the full story, and Ive never seen him play. Maybe its not precisely comparing like with like,?
  • What's his commentary like ;hmm
  • Think he's predominantly played as a defensive, holding MF, which is why some of his stats are way up on the others, and some way down.
  • He's played at CB a bit as well over the last year.
  • Eski ;ok

On a free transfer I think he'll be a really good signing.
  • If his job is to protect the back four and curb the going forward instincts (which is what Nobes and kouyate do) then I would imagine he might be a regular starter
  • Still hope we hold onto Obiang this summer. He must be disappointed with the lack of game time but that's 4 very good CMs we will have if he stays.
  • Obiang will be off IMO
  • Big loss imo
  • Whilst I'm not against the signing, Obiang, who is a DM and always looked pretty decent to me, barely seemed to get a start so I'm not sure how he's going to be used.
  • Nordviet can play CB and dm maybe he will be used as a utility player I hope obiang stays good age looks decent
  • He played at RB four times this season, three times in the Bundesliga and against Juventus in the CL.

With Europa League and everything else we are probably going to need Obiang!
  • I hope Obiang stays
    he's only 24 i think and didn't really put a foot wrong

He's strong lad, good on the ball, recycles possession well and is more defensively disciplined than Nobes and Kouyate

We need more than 3 midfielders to compete in the premier league alone let alone if we want to take the europa league seriously
  • Just looking at how close we came this past season I think the players will realise that we could break into to top 4 next season. The signs are looking good and looking for a bigger club won't neccessarily help them. So unless they are told they are surplus to requirements then I don't think they will leave.
  • I actually think it will be more difficult to finish top 6 next season.

Chelsea won't be this bad again. I expect Liverpool to be pushing and Everton to stop underachieving.
  • MrsG, but I expect Everton to lose Lukaku and with all that influx of money the other teams will catch up, too. Just because you have more money than your competitors doesn't mean you can field more than 11 players (although it might buy you the ref, though) so if we buy sensibly and well then I see no reason why we can't close the gap a little.
  • Just because you have more money than your competitors doesn't mean you can field more than 11 players .

This is true ... but it does mean you could have more strength in depth, always important once injuries kick in and/or you are in more than one competition.
  • Looking at our injury record over the past seasons, I don't think there are enough football players out there to give us enough cover in depth. ;)

Sign for Wh - get injured - come back - get injured in training - home debut - get injured . is what it looks like all too often. :(
  • Looking at our injury record over the past seasons, I don't think there are enough football players out there to give us enough cover in depth. ;)

;lol